talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 7/7/2017 at 11:30 PM, Cannabis said:

If I tried that I'd definitely be getting shit up my wrist. 

Our resident indians would be brilliant at the old left hand arse wipe though. 

I tried eating with my right hand in India. Nightmare. And dirty.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just noticed out of all the flag smilies how much of a bigger deal the America one thinks it is to be flying the flag than the other countries. Accurate :ph34r:.

:England::German::Ireland::Italy::NornIrn::Scotland::Spain::UK::Wales::usa:.

#murica

it's our way of getting back at Chazz. MURICA!

This is an amazing episode from Anthony Bourdain's show, focusing on Trinidad & Tobago, and I thought that it'd be a fantastic watch for anyone of you who wanted to know a bit more about T&T's culture, traditions and food. Anyone who has approximately 45 minutes to spare should give it a watch.

Trinidad is a really diverse and interesting place and there's a lot more to it than what people from the outside give us credit for, and I thought Bourdain did a fantastic job highlighting a lot of it, so...yeah, I recommend watching this to anyone interested in learning more about my country! :12_slight_smile:

Edited by Messiesta
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

:shoot: Wasn't a gun it  was a bucket but no... surprisingly. 

It's across across from a pub/restaurant. Trying to get a couple from work to meet me there at 4 when I finish for ONE. Dangerous.... 

Got the shitty man flu... almost at deaths door I tell ya.. 

Been up and down every bloody hour for the past 3 nights more or less. cant settle for shit and I am knackered. 

Still went to work though because there is no man flu that's manlier than me

Anyway I digress

Was up about 5am ish this morning only to hear a load of stuff being thrown into the back of a van and doors slamming so thought it was local pikeys on the rob or something but turns out we must have had an early morning raid somewhere round here as there were about 4 vans and 3 carloads of old bill most of which were in full body armour just wrapping up and heading off

Let you know if I find out what it was about.. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Got the shitty man flu... almost at deaths door I tell ya.. 

Been up and down every bloody hour for the past 3 nights more or less. cant settle for shit and I am knackered. 

Still went to work though because there is no man flu that's manlier than me

Anyway I digress

Was up about 5am ish this morning only to hear a load of stuff being thrown into the back of a van and doors slamming so thought it was local pikeys on the rob or something but turns out we must have had an early morning raid somewhere round here as there were about 4 vans and 3 carloads of old bill most of which were in full body armour just wrapping up and heading off

Let you know if I find out what it was about.. 

funny-picture-man-flu.jpg

:P Get well soon!

• Upvote 2

This is a Trinidadian delicacy called "Doubles"...I'm aware they sell Doubles in Canada and probably the US as well, but I'm not sure if the Europeans on here would've ever heard of it...when people come to Trinidad one of the first things they want to do is taste a Doubles from the place where it was born! It's fried bara ( flat fried bread ) with curry, channa and additional things like cucumber and mango in it as well.

How do you guys think it looks? xD It definitely tastes great, if any of you guys ever decide to come here for a holiday you need to taste it

doubles.jpg

• Administrator

that looks fucking beautiful. Lot of Indians (including myself) have chana regularly too. One of my favourite veggie dishes having chana dhal. 

Do you have the fried bread crispy or is it quite soft in that dish?

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha, there's actually a scientific basis for man flu, I'm only teasing you :clown:

Seriously... ha ha who would have thought it.. 

We do tend to turn it into a bit of a drama sometimes.. whatever we have got no matter what it is just happens to be the worst 'whatever it is' known to mankind.. I do love winding the family up with it so I can watch them do the rolling eyes thing though.. that's amusing. I even put on the 'at deaths door voice' just for even more dramatic effect...  

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Seriously... ha ha who would have thought it.. 

We do tend to turn it into a bit of a drama sometimes.. whatever we have got no matter what it is just happens to be the worst 'whatever it is' known to mankind.. I do love winding the family up with it so I can watch them do the rolling eyes thing though.. that's amusing. I even put on the 'at deaths door voice' just for even more dramatic effect...  

xD you're evil :D 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stan said:

that looks fucking beautiful. Lot of Indians (including myself) have chana regularly too. One of my favourite veggie dishes having chana dhal. 

Do you have the fried bread crispy or is it quite soft in that dish?

That and of course roti are two of my favourite things to eat, really xD I also love the Indian sweets like barfi and kurma...when my friends who are Hindu have prayers or anything like that I always ask them to bring me some. 

A popular breakfast over here is what we call "sada" roti, which goes with virtually anything and tastes really great. I'm not sure if you'd know about it, because I think this is our own creation too ( though I'm not sure ), but this is it:

sada.thumb.jpg.c904ee5f1e385efa83d12545c77ea715.jpg

• Administrator
Just now, Messiesta said:

That and of course roti are two of my favourite things to eat, really xD I also love the Indian sweets like barfi and kurma...when my friends who are Hindu have prayers or anything like that I always ask them to bring me some. 

A popular breakfast over here is what we call "sada" roti, which goes with virtually anything and tastes really great. I'm not sure if you'd know about it, because I think this is our own creation too ( though I'm not sure ), but this is it:

sada.thumb.jpg.c904ee5f1e385efa83d12545c77ea715.jpg

not heard of 'sada' roti but maybe it's called something else.

So many of my work friends (who are mainly British) love when I bring Indian food in to the office. They're like vultures. Whether it's hot food like samosas or spring rolls or cold food like the sweets you mention, they absolutely adore it. 

Living alone means I don't get to have my mother's roti as regularly as I used to :( 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

This is a Trinidadian delicacy called "Doubles"...I'm aware they sell Doubles in Canada and probably the US as well, but I'm not sure if the Europeans on here would've ever heard of it...when people come to Trinidad one of the first things they want to do is taste a Doubles from the place where it was born! It's fried bara ( flat fried bread ) with curry, channa and additional things like cucumber and mango in it as well.

How do you guys think it looks? xD It definitely tastes great, if any of you guys ever decide to come here for a holiday you need to taste it

doubles.jpg

What is channa? Chickpeas? 

It looks good, I'm hungry, I'd eat it :D 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stan said:

not heard of 'sada' roti but maybe it's called something else.

So many of my work friends (who are mainly British) love when I bring Indian food in to the office. They're like vultures. Whether it's hot food like samosas or spring rolls or cold food like the sweets you mention, they absolutely adore it. 

Living alone means I don't get to have my mother's roti as regularly as I used to :( 

My grandparents are pure Indian ( I'm mixed with Indian, Spanish and Chinese, which may seem like a lot of things but in Trinidad being mixed with just three things isn't much at all xD ) and when I went to school right next to where they lived, every lunch time I'd go across by them and I'd get roti...but since I graduated and I'm not there that often anymore I'm starved of my regular roti too :43_slight_frown: Indian food is really amazing

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am... B|

On the upside of being ill I have been told that my normal deep voice gets a lot sexier... so the girls in the office tell me anyway

Speaking of voices, mine sounds way different and a lot deeper & sexier, just perfect on the phone/recorded than what i normally hear myself, and the former is actually your real voice that everyone hears apart from you, to my benefit unlike most people apparently. :D

Edited by Berserker