talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

12 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Been playing football tonight for my 11 a side team. Only had Sammy Ameobi playing for us. Had a lad who plays for Peterborough as well. I am not a good player at all and neither are the team so no idea how it happened. 

That little weasel-y looking fella who looks like a smackhead? Marcus Maddison?

15 hours ago, Anton said:

I feel ya. I'm sure you'll make the right call. Do a pros and cons list. 

Yeah, mate gotta do one of those... but I think it'll take a pretty long time to figure all of the pros and cons. I'm lucky in that I've got a few months to make the decision and I don't have to do it right away. But it's fairly fucking complicated because either I'll be asking my girlfriend to move with me (and that's a big ask) or we'll end up breaking up - and that's a bit shit. I also like my job here and I like living here, it's like very fucking pleasant. But I also do miss being like... around family and friends I've known my whole life. Although if I'm living in London, I don't think I'd be seeing them that much anyways. I also don't like London that much.

It's a pretty tough call and I don't really want to make it.... although it looks like I just rambled some pros and cons just there xD

6 hours ago, Stan said:

didn't even know you weren't in England xD. Where are you living now?

San Diego, CA - it's pretty fantastic in all honesty.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is it a take it or leave it opportunity? Like will you get another chance if you put it off another year?

It's tough to say - I've been given a job offer (to a job I forgot I applied and interviewed to, months ago) and it's pretty decent. And I told them I'd need them time to think about it because I'd have to figure out a whole lot of shite, so they've given me about 3 months (90 days) - which I think indicates they want me. I don't know if in the future they'd want to give me the same offer I'd turned down.

I'm very conflicted. As is my girlfriend, although she seems willing to move. But would she need a visa or any of that shite? Probably, right? That would be my assumption at least. Does that mean I'd have to propose sooner rather than later to get her a visa? I was planning on proposing sometime soon, but maybe now is the time to do it? There's also this thing I've found, which also has me not too happy about the idea of living in London:

Info
Consumer Prices in London are 8.22% higher than in San Diego, CA
Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 11.29% higher than in San Diego, CA
Rent Prices in London are 15.44% higher than in San Diego, CA
Restaurant Prices in London are 15.36% higher than in San Diego, CA
Groceries Prices in London are 20.71% lower than in San Diego, CA

Local Purchasing Power in London is 37.00% lower than in San Diego, CA

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=United+Kingdom&city1=San+Diego%2C+CA&city2=London&tracking=getDispatchComparison

But for as much as I like San Diego... it would be nice to be significantly closer to home instead of the ridiculous distance I'm at right now.

Lol I hope no IT people can check wtf I'm doing at work though posting about this. Although it would make my choice a lot easier if I lost my job here xD

7 hours ago, Stan said:

didn't even know you weren't in England xD. Where are you living now?

Which one? I've got a chipped tooth from when I was about 10 playing football with my brother. Went to tackle him and as he fell his boot/studs made contact with my mouth and one of my teeth took the brunt xD 

Right front tooth, top. Took 1/3 of it off, it happened years ago in a skating accident but the filling or whatever it was snapped off last night.

Edited by Spike

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, mate gotta do one of those... but I think it'll take a pretty long time to figure all of the pros and cons. I'm lucky in that I've got a few months to make the decision and I don't have to do it right away. But it's fairly fucking complicated because either I'll be asking my girlfriend to move with me (and that's a big ask) or we'll end up breaking up - and that's a bit shit. I also like my job here and I like living here, it's like very fucking pleasant. But I also do miss being like... around family and friends I've known my whole life. Although if I'm living in London, I don't think I'd be seeing them that much anyways. I also don't like London that much.

It's a pretty tough call and I don't really want to make it.... although it looks like I just rambled some pros and cons just there xD

San Diego, CA - it's pretty fantastic in all honesty.

I also has the gf situation. Ending up breaking it off. Still not sure if that was the best  move. Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is it only me, or is the new member growth slowed down a bit?

Well everyone from TFF moved over now and the forum is still very much in its infancy. We continue to move slowly up the google search engine, but it's still learning who we are as a website. 

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Is it only me, or is the new member growth slowed down a bit?

Like baldy said the forum is on diapers, any new members who have joined are more than likely acquaintances of people from here. The forum isn't going to attract new members on it's own till at the very least next year.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Pretty much what Phil said. We're too new to be booming but it will come as we're heading in the right direction.

They do.

you often find they go to new forums when the one they're on isn't doing so well :ph34r: 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Pretty much what Phil said. We're too new to be booming but it will come as we're heading in the right direction.

They do.

They don't really - it's the same old people floating about the internet. Same names from the past. Social Media plays a large role in that. It's fine, but gone are the days of people actively searching out football forums imo.