talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Man City - Sunday 3rd October, 2021

football forum

Salah is quite possibly the best in the world right now.

Really seemed to specially raise it for Man City a bit like Rooney's overhead a few years back. That kind of player that just seems to say to himself, I'm the best. Not these guys.

Still think Giggs vs Arsenal at Villa Park is the best goal I've seen in English football. And I was rooting for Arsenal that day too.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Liverpool fans quiet about that. Lol

He stuck his leg out.  

if that had happened to them it would be the “refs against us”

He should have seen red but tbh have you ever seen Foden? I’m not a violent person, but I want that man to feel pain

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He should have seen red but tbh have you ever seen Foden? I’m not a violent person, but I want that man to feel pain

You wish harm on a young boy? 😯  ..have you been playing your records backwards? :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Salah is without a doubt the best player in the world at this moment in time. Neither Ronaldo or Messi have put in performances anywhere near his level for a while now. 

Think Messi and Ronaldo are over the hill how, it's Salah, De Bruynes & Fodens time now

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Salah is without a doubt the best player in the world at this moment in time. Neither Ronaldo or Messi have put in performances anywhere near his level for a while now. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

You can say that again!

De Bruyne looked absolutely knackered by the end of the game. 

Maybe overall his performance was just a bit sloppy by his own standards, but he might also be physically at a point where you can't ask him to play 3 games of this intensity back-to-back.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

De Bruyne looked absolutely knackered by the end of the game. 

Maybe overall his performance was just a bit sloppy by his own standards, but he might also be physically at a point where you can't ask him to play 3 games of this intensity back-to-back.

He's still injured, playing with a pain killer injection. need to let him rest now for a few weeks now, Bernardo is in fine form

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why’s Pep talking about decisions at Old Trafford? Stupid bald cunt. RENT FREE.

Dont you like bald people 🤔

Pep is a slimy horrible cunt. He's worse than that he's a slimy horrible cunt who pretends to be a nice bloke.  Fake bastard.  What's old Trafford got to do with anything?

I really don't get how a club which has literally lived the dream as far as football goes - being randomly plucked from the wilderness and made into one of the strongest on earth, by owners who have a basically unlimited commitment to making the team as successful as possible - still feels so aggrieved at the world.

Like, for all their success, they don't really seem to enjoy it that much.

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I really don't get how a club which has literally lived the dream as far as football goes - being randomly plucked from the wilderness and made into one of the strongest on earth, by owners who have a basically unlimited commitment to making the team as successful as possible - still feels so aggrieved at the world.

Most football fans are like that. I remember utd fans that wanted fergie gone and moaned about only winning the league. But city were shit for so long their older fans at least should appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Because the European Cup is still the end goal, as much as their fans continue to bizarrely try to hide it. Last season's final hurt them bad, and it was evident during the player's celebrations after they beat us last weekend. 

Mark of a great side is backed by Domestic and European success. There's the 2018-2020 Liverpool team. The last stand of the Chelsea old guard in 2012, and the legendary 2008 United team. 

Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Salah, VVD, etc. All of these players will be remembered on a global scale. If all this City team has to show for is domestic success, the team and players won't be remembered compared to those mentioned. 

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Even their own fans bemoan themselves being hated, like you’re being mean because they won the lottery. You embrace the hatred when you’re a decent club.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rick said:

You do have to wonder what he actually has to do or how long he has to sustain the form he's shown for 3+ years before this starts becoming a mainstream opinion. There's a very lazy hive mind in football analysis that has just accepted the Messi-Ronaldo GOAT status for a seeming eternity. It's true that when they still show a flash of their best, probably nobody else can reach that level, but they're no longer doing it every week. There will be a loud, insufferable and large minority of football fans who will refuse to appreciate any other players for at least 10 years after Messi and/or Ronaldo retire and continue to bring them into every debate (in a strangely aggressive manner) about who the best player in the world or a given league is complaining that current players aren't as good as Messi or Ronaldo were, and while that might be true, you can tell that will be the only part of the debate they'll engage in. I'm not looking forward to it.

As for Salah, it seems that as far as 'accepted opinion' goes, he's allowed to be considered in the top 5 or 10 players in the world but never the very best. The types of fans that actually give a shit about the GOAT or Best in the World debate (not me) have long since decided that only Mbappe or Haaland can take over from Messi. And because these people are the loudest in that debate when it happens and they don't agree with it, anyone who suggests Salah is currently the best player in the world will be laughed out of the conversation entirely. The more I think about this, the more I'm tempted to make some link to FIFA ratings in a way I can't yet put into words. I wonder if anyone else is on the same wavelength as me here and gets what I'm saying without me being able to do so with any clarity. xD

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Even their own fans bemoan themselves being hated, like you’re being mean because they won the lottery. You embrace the hatred when you’re a decent club.

This is news to me? :35_thinking:  ..they are probably rags that have flipped sides again :4_joy::ph34r:  

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

You do have to wonder what he actually has to do or how long he has to sustain the form he's shown for 3+ years before this starts becoming a mainstream opinion. There's a very lazy hive mind in football analysis that has just accepted the Messi-Ronaldo GOAT status for a seeming eternity. It's true that when they still show a flash of their best, probably nobody else can reach that level, but they're no longer doing it every week. There will be a loud, insufferable and large minority of football fans who will refuse to appreciate any other players for at least 10 years after Messi and/or Ronaldo retire and continue to bring them into every debate (in a strangely aggressive manner) about who the best player in the world or a given league is complaining that current players aren't as good as Messi or Ronaldo were, and while that might be true, you can tell that will be the only part of the debate they'll engage in. I'm not looking forward to it.

As for Salah, it seems that as far as 'accepted opinion' goes, he's allowed to be considered in the top 5 or 10 players in the world but never the very best. The types of fans that actually give a shit about the GOAT or Best in the World debate (not me) have long since decided that only Mbappe or Haaland can take over from Messi. And because these people are the loudest in that debate when it happens and they don't agree with it, anyone who suggests Salah is currently the best player in the world will be laughed out of the conversation entirely. The more I think about this, the more I'm tempted to make some link to FIFA ratings in a way I can't yet put into words. I wonder if anyone else is on the same wavelength as me here and gets what I'm saying without me being able to do so with any clarity. xD

Some fucker put a laugh reaction a couple weeks back when I said he was the best player in the league, so I think we are a bit away from it being a mainstream consensus. It’s a shame that people happily ignore his performances and stats in favour of wanking off an aging Ronaldo, 

There is a significant 'FIFA' community. To an extent I've found it can be an interesting scouting facility. 

Older 1s probably date back to the last days of the restriction of foreign players. When 'home' players were by far the biggest portion in every league & the Chapions League was much more accurate to its name, it was national team performances that seemed to define who was considered best. e.g Pele, Maradona, the Dutch Euro 88 side, etc. Complete with sympathy for Ryan Giggs, George Weah, etc.

For the older folk I guess being from Egypt, Senegal or South Korea eliminates from many 'best of' conversations. Or puts a mental barrier there which a German, Brazilian or Dutchman would not have in the same way.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

There is a significant 'FIFA' community. To an extent I've found it can be an interesting scouting facility. 

Older 1s probably date back to the last days of the restriction of foreign players. When 'home' players were by far the biggest portion in every league & the Chapions League was much more accurate to its name, it was national team performances that seemed to define who was considered best. e.g Pele, Maradona, the Dutch Euro 88 side, etc. Complete with sympathy for Ryan Giggs, George Weah, etc.

For the older folk I guess being from Egypt, Senegal or South Korea eliminates from many 'best of' conversations. Or puts a mental barrier there which a German, Brazilian or Dutchman would not have in the same way.

Yeah I agree there's probably something in the nationality side of things. Although you'd back Haaland to have a decent chance of getting involved at least in the "best current player" debate despite playing for a nation that doesn't even necessarily qualify for major tournaments.

• Subscriber

Yeah I agree there's probably something in the nationality side of things. Although you'd back Haaland to have a decent chance of getting involved at least in the "best current player" debate despite playing for a nation that doesn't even necessarily qualify for major tournaments.

Haalands not even the best striker in Germany. Man Lewy is so underrated it pains my soul to read around sometimes. (not a shot at you specifically btw)

Archived