football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png       VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
28/08/2021 - Man City 5-0 Arsenal
21/02/2021 - Arsenal 0-1 Man City
22/10/2021 - Arsenal 1-4 Man City (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Arsenal - WWWWW
Man City - WWWWW

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like the time has come to see what this Arsenal team is made of again.

No Europe, and been ticking along nicely whilst they been beating the likes of ourselves, Norwich, Southampton and Newcastle whilst we're down on our luck.

But can they beat a side competing at the right end of the league? Lost to Chelsea, Liverpool, City in the reverse fixtures so far so nothing to suggest they will, but the confidence should be high.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Feels like the time has come to see what this Arsenal team is made of again.

No Europe, and been ticking along nicely whilst they been beating the likes of ourselves, Norwich, Southampton and Newcastle whilst we're down on our luck.

But can they beat a side competing at the right end of the league? Lost to Chelsea, Liverpool, City in the reverse fixtures so far so nothing to suggest they will, but the confidence should be high.

They should be watching how we played City and trying to replicate, low block and man to man. So aggressive in our defence. Then you just gotta hope.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

How does Ederson keep getting away with the penalties and VAR? It’s fucking ridiculous. 

It could have been a penalty but to me looked like he got the ball. Var were never gonna overall that 

• Administrator

Totally deserved lead for Arsenal and a nice goal. Ake is the weak link for Man City.

Amazing how the title was won by Man City just a few days ago and now it's back on the line.

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No way was a pen. The big clue is that it's Oooooodegarden who steps on Ederson. Tells you Ederson got their first. 

Replay just showed that Ederson makes contact with Odergaard’s foot first. It should have been a penalty. This ‘clear and obvious’ shit is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Replay just showed that Ederson makes contact with Odergaard’s foot first. It should have been a penalty. This ‘clear and obvious’ shit is ridiculous. 

There were other angles showing Ederson got the ball before the follow through. 

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No way was a pen. The big clue is that it's Oooooodegarden who steps on Ederson. Tells you Ederson got their first. 

I didn't think it was. Looking at it at half time  I think it was but there is enough debate to not override the referee. If the ref had given it i dont think it would have been overridden 

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My neighbours probably think I'm having a fight the way I'm screaming at the tv 

My wife has actually had to apologise to our neighbours due to the noise me and my dad make during matches.

Especially back in the day when we seemed to always snatch a game in the last minute.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived