talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham - Saturday 7th May, 2022

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was always our toughest game in the run in and so it proved. Thought that the winner would come but wasn't to be. 

Fuck throwing the towel in now though. We were always relying on City to drop points. Obviously they need to lose one or draw two now but it's not over when we currently sit top. This result possibly gives City the lift they need after midweek mind you.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This was always our toughest game in the run in and so it proved. Thought that the winner would come but wasn't to be. 

Fuck throwing the towel in now though. We were always relying on City to drop points. Obviously they need to lose one or draw two now but it's not over when we currently sit top. This result possibly gives City the lift they need after midweek mind you.

Not throwing in the towel, but our luck would need to be something else for them to lose against the teams they have left. Plus, we have two big distractions whilst they have none. It’s going to be hard. 

Just now, Rick said:

Not throwing in the towel, but our luck would need to be something else for them to lose against the teams they have left. Plus, we have two big distractions whilst they have none. It’s going to be hard. 

'And that is the end of the title race. '

Sounds very much like throwing in the towel to me.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

'And that is the end of the title race. '

Sounds very much like throwing in the towel to me.

Emotional post. Mathematically not over, but fuck me there would need to be a major swing. 

Wolves and West Ham are good sides ya know. 

City are clear favourites obviously but it's hardly far fetched to suggest one of them wins a game at home against them or there's two draws in one/both of those or the game tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Wolves and West Ham are good sides ya know. 

City are clear favourites obviously but it's hardly far fetched to suggest one of them wins a game at home against them or there's two draws in one/both of those or the game tomorrow.

I hope so Mike, would be nice for somebody to do us a favour. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I reckon it evens out again when Man City play West Ham. Reckon Hammers win that. 

Certainly more chance of that now they're out of the Europa League and need the points to secure it again next season.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Certainly more chance of that now they're out of the Europa League and need the points to secure it again next season.

Yeah exactly. The flip side being Man City are only fighting on the league front too so will go full strength. 

I hope West Ham do win. Nothing to do with Europa League. Just want the title race to go to the final day. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham - Saturday 7th May, 2022
41 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I agree with LFCMike. While the result doesn't change that much because you needed City to drop some points along the way either way, it definitely gives them a mental boost. Newcastle game isn't a banana skin anymore I don't think.  

And we can afford to draw a game now too

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Could even lose one tbh, as long as you punt some more teams for 6. Imagine winning the title by goal difference 10 years after first winning the title... by goal difference. 

98th min winner, 4mins over stoppage time :4_joy: :ph34r:

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

And they going to beat the best team in the world?  on that form 🙄😂

Stranger things have happened. 

The distraction of Europa League quarter and semi finals plays a big part in West Ham's recent league form. Now they're out, it's one of the two games that gives me hope of Man City dropping points. Man City probably beat them but you can't write West Ham off on the basis of league games they've been playing between these European games. Wolves under the lights at Molineux is a potential banana skin as well. It's only hope but without that we might as well just not watch the rest of the league season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived