28/01/2021 - Tottenham 1-3 Liverpool
16/12/2020 - Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham

Recent Form
Liverpool - WWWWW
Tottenham - WDLWW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Spurs are really good but really inconsistent - so I’m hoping they don’t feel so up for it xD

They will be though, fighting for the CL & I think Spurs usually play pretty decent stuff in the big matches. I think this has the potential to be a sort of mental match.

35 minutes ago, Rick said:

The best front three in the league up against Kane, Son and Kulusevski. 

Definitely a lot of goal threat on the field for both teams.

Idk if Diaz will start, but I sort of hope he does - aside from me thinking our strongest front 3 is now: Diaz - Mane - Salah... I think it would be cool to see both Diaz and Kulusevski start. They're both really great wingers that were signed recently and provided immediate impact to their clubs - two of the more exciting very recent signings in the league.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how they fit in with their respective clubs once they've got a full pre-season with their new sides over the summer. Because I think for them to hit the ground running like that is pretty remarkable, so theoretically they could potentially be even better once they're more familiar with their teammates.

I think both Diaz and Kulusevski have fitted in quite well so far. I'd give the nod to Diaz though as he looks like he's been playing since the start of the season. He's my second favourite player at the moment.

I look at this match as an iffy one. Spurs have knocked off city before so it's not a given. It just depend on what team shows up on the pitch.

Think we've played quite well, certainly last 15-20 minutes of the half. Feels like half time has come at a good time for Spurs, not sure how much longer they'd have held out. Spurs are obviously a threat on the counter. More of the same at the start of the second half and hopefully we find a way through.

Spurs are such a tough team to play. I can't see City really dropping any points in their remaining matches. This result could well be a turning point in the chase for the title.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham - Saturday 7th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived