talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nottm Forest Back in the Premier League!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Lucas said:

Its not that they are bad, they are a solid enough outfit, but I think they'll struggle for goals at a higher level.

Brentford came up with a goalscorer in Ivan Toney, who I think most believed would get goals at this level, and he did. Defensively, they were decent too which meant they could nick a few games. Erikson was that extra bit of quality they needed to get over the line.

We played the Bielsa style which ruffled some serious feathers and were capable of scoring plenty of goals which we did.

Forest don't have a talisman up front or the expansive style to go out and do what we did IMO. Judging on a one off cup game when they played your virtual 2nd string in a game that meant loads to them probably isnt a barometer I'd use to be honest.

They have gone up but they need to re-sign some of the loanee's who will be in demand now as well as add more quality to the squad for sure.

The thing with our squad is that Toney, Mbeumo, Norgaard, Janelt, Henry, Pinnock, Ajer and Raya could all at minimum play a squad role within any team that finished 3rd and below this season. So to have the spine of your team made up of players who could go onto bigger things in this league is a good sign. It’s the same with you, Meslier, Phillips, Bamford, Raphinha…I’m sure there’s a couple more who could do the same.

Thats not something I see in Forest tbh.

29 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think sending Garner to Forest will be a mistake by United. Just can’t see them surviving and I don’t think a solid relegation will be great for his development.

I dunno, signing relegated players can work out OK sometimes. 

Just in our case... Robertson and Wijnaldum worked out OK. 

I think a player suffering relegation can still go on to have a fantastic career.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

More tories to beat 

What?

Seriously you lot need to stop this narrative that everywhere other than Liverpool is Tory. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/your-council/voting-elections/elections-results/

Several other local councils listed on there with Labour elected.  

But it’s much funnier winding up the midlands by calling them all tories.

Not like you’re going around getting called murderers, bin dippers, and thieves. You’re just being accused of having no semblance of morality, calm down.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But it’s much funnier winding up the midlands by calling them all tories.

Not like you’re going around getting called murderers, bin dippers, and thieves. You’re just being accused of having no semblance of morality, calm down.

Who's calling you that on here? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Who's calling you that on here? 

Nobody? Who’s calling you a tory on here?

Definitely not me: you know I know you’re not even close to a Tory xD

But any club that sings some of the anti-poor people chants at us, which does include Forest from our FA cup run, I’m going to be branding a Tory club. If their fans don’t like that because enough people have joined in, they can have a word with their own about the chants they use.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dunno, signing relegated players can work out OK sometimes. 

Just in our case... Robertson and Wijnaldum worked out OK. 

I think a player suffering relegation can still go on to have a fantastic career.

Yeah it's a fair point, I just think Forest could be absolute dead weights next season and maybe a move to someone like Southampton, Crystal Palace etc would be a better move for his development.

Chelsea fans on here aren’t neo-Nazis and the Chelsea fans being racist joke gets made on here with none of them taking real issue with it. And ones probably old enough to remember actual fascists marching through London in the 30s.

But honestly back to the point: I do like Forest a bit and I’m glad they’re back. They don’t have any fans on here unfortunately but still not gonna make them safe from getting branded as “Tory” by me for that chant.

Just now, Danny said:

Yeah it's a fair point, I just think Forest could be absolute dead weights next season and maybe a move to someone like Southampton, Crystal Palace etc would be a better move for his development.

Spence was only a loan, I’ve learned. If they cant hang onto him next season, I think that’s pretty bad for them.

I did not watch a lot of them, but he always looked really good.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Spence was only a loan, I’ve learned. If they cant hang onto him next season, I think that’s pretty bad for them.

I did not watch a lot of them, but he always looked really good.

Yes, and he made sure he took a shot at the man that loaned him out.

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes, and he made sure he took a shot at the man that loaned him out.

You'd have to question someone thats just got promoted, probably the highest achievement of their career to date, and yet they feel the need to tweet Neil Warnock an hour or so after the game's finished.

Good player no doubt, but maybe Warnock was right. He never said Spence was a bad player, just that he needed to sort his head out and his priorities and by the looks of it, it worked.

Definitely got an ego about him.

It is a tough time to be trying to stay up.

But I do think there is a reasonable case to say 11 teams are potentially in the relegation mix.

Top 6 obviously safe. West Ham, Leicester & Wolves would be shocking. (9)

But then Villa & Newcastle can't take anything at all for granted. Same would have to apply to Brighton & Palace. (13)

Brentford, Everton, Leeds & Southampton all as much, if not more than the above. (17)

Then Fulham, Bournemouth & Forest.

It could very possibly be all 3 straight back down. But I do feel 1 other team, from the 'bottom 11' could be a surprise. To some extent or another.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Guess their owner is being investigated now because of allegations of match fixing in Greece.

Some fit and proper test xD

They've been going on for quite a while. 

• Subscriber
On 30/05/2022 at 12:38, RandoEFC said:

I think almost any team apart from the traditional top six is only a few poor decisions or an injury crisis away from a relegation fight to be honest. I'd exclude (only to an extent, not entirely) West Ham, Leicester and possibly Wolves from that but it certainly applies to the rest. The difference in quality between mid-table and relegation has shrunk by a lot in the last couple of years. I do think that the newly-promoted teams will have their work cut out from day one to be honest. 

I'm not quite having Wolves in this now. I feel they've hit a ceiling already and they're on the slide. Their recruitment has been dog shit, owners really aren't as ambitious as we all thought. Moutinho and Jimenez past their best too. They're my dark horse to be involved next season.

• Subscriber

Forest are a bit of an unknown quantity. I think they took Barnsley's head of recruitment a year ago and they've picked up a bit of a knack of finding those rough diamonds, largely similar to what Barnsley did actually.

I've got a feeling they'll be alright. Can imagine them being quite good at home - little bit like Sheffield United were.

I don't want to go there early doors. I bet we do.

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

They've been going on for quite a while. 

Reading about some of the stuff that’s happened in Greece is a bit crazy. Suspicious deaths of witnesses in trials, seems extraordinarily corrupt.

Apparently the owner has threatened refs with guns before… sounds like an absolute piece of shit.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently the owner has threatened refs with guns before… sounds like an absolute piece of shit.

From memory I think he entered the pitch area pissed off and already had a gun on his side that he just casually took to matches. Still bizarre mind.

12 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not quite having Wolves in this now. I feel they've hit a ceiling already and they're on the slide. Their recruitment has been dog shit, owners really aren't as ambitious as we all thought. Moutinho and Jimenez past their best too. They're my dark horse to be involved next season.

I'd suggest Wolves are a reasonable team that perhaps just lacks a few big names. 

They did have to cope without Jimenez for quite a while. Seems a bit harsh to write him off. And Hwang did score a few. Ruben Neves pulls their strings & is a wanted man. Adama Traore supposedly wants out. Those 2 could be tough for them to replace.

No, they're not likely to be going for titles or Top 4 spots, and a relegation scrap would perhaps be much less surprising. But it's all relative.

My view as a somewhat near neighbour rather than the Sky style view of them being a small & unsellable club.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I'd suggest Wolves are a reasonable team that perhaps just lacks a few big names. 

They did have to cope without Jimenez for quite a while. Seems a bit harsh to write him off. And Hwang did score a few. Ruben Neves pulls their strings & is a wanted man. Adama Traore supposedly wants out. Those 2 could be tough for them to replace.

No, they're not likely to be going for titles or Top 4 spots, and a relegation scrap would perhaps be much less surprising. But it's all relative.

My view as a somewhat near neighbour rather than the Sky style view of them being a small & unsellable club.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Based on Wolves' defensive work this season I don't think they're in for the drop next season. Maybe midtable but not the drop

They were below average defensively but got bailed out by Jose Sa. With an average keeper this season just gone they're probably about 14th. The fans are in real discontent at the minute, plenty angry with the board who keep putting the prices up but not really backing the manager.

Jimenez is past his best, Moutinho is past his best, I'm not convinced their keeper will be as good again and it's a pretty thin squad. I don't think they'll go down but I think they'll have their worst season since coming back up.

• 2 months later...

Archived