talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are you a picky eater?

football forum

Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself to be a picky/fussy eater?

2 hours ago, Rab said:

I used to be an insanely picky eater. I'd literally only eat cereal, pizza, pasta, or junk food pretty much every day and used to hate things like chicken because I wasn't a fan of the texture and dryness of it if there was no sauce/marinade.

When I got hit by a car while cycling all of that completely changed. Pretty much each anything and everything now.

A very creative way to come out as bisexual. Fair play lad. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I’d say yes. Ex used to say I was.

I hate simple things like mushrooms and tomatoes. Eurgh… Mushrooms. 

What do you hate about tomatoes tho?

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What do you hate about tomatoes tho?

The taste and texture of it on its own mainly. I will happily add tomato purée and tomatoes to recipes when cooking. But on their own they’re a big no for me. 

4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

The taste and texture of it on its own mainly. I will happily add tomato purée and tomatoes to recipes when cooking. But on their own they’re a big no for me. 

I understand what you mean, as I hated tomatoes as a kid. I do love them now though, in all shapes and forms. 

I'd say I used to be but I these days I think I am a relatively good eater. 

I used to have a complete aversion to certain foods (all kinds of beans, peas, sweetcorn). I mean, I literally couldn't bring myself to try them, and I would find it hard to eat other things if they were on my plate. 

Nowadays I am over pretty much all of that (apart from with sweetcorn). I like a few types of beans/legumes (mostly paler beans like chickpeas or cannellini, etc) but not kidney beans or black beans so much, although I will eat them if I have to. Again, I can eat peas now, but don't enjoy them.

I can sit in pretty much any kind of restaurant and eat almost anything on any menu, so by definition I'd say I'm not a picky eater.

• Subscriber

This is completely unrelated, but every single British-run restaurant/pub I've ever been to serves what they call "steamed vegetables" as a side with many meals, and whenever I have it, it's completely bland, unseasoned, and either under or overcooked xD Do I just have bad luck, or do you actually eat it that way in the UK? 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, nudge said:

This is completely unrelated, but every single British-run restaurant/pub I've ever been to serves what they call "steamed vegetables" as a side with many meals, and whenever I have it, it's completely bland, unseasoned, and either under or overcooked xD Do I just have bad luck, or do you actually eat it that way in the UK? 

It is a thing, not sure every restaurant. But it's pointless! 

Archived