talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neal Maupay - Everton Sign Brighton Striker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Type of player that you think you want and when he plays for you it becomes obvious how wasteful he is.

Yeah - he looks like a world beater in highlight reels. But in actuality, he'd be a much better player if he wasn't so wasteful and if his decision making in the final third was a bit better.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think this is a good signing for Forest, ultimately Neal wants to be in front of goal banging chances away. I almost think Brighton's style became too fluid for him to operate in successfully.

Leaves Brighton quite light on the striker front. Can't think of who else they have to play there? Andone if he's still there?

On the flip side, Forest now hoarding strikers - Awoniyi, Surridge, Johnson, Dennis and potentially Maupay...

Just now, Stan said:

Leaves Brighton quite light on the striker front. Can't think of who else they have to play there? Andone if he's still there?

On the flip side, Forest now hoarding strikers - Awoniyi, Surridge, Johnson, Dennis and potentially Maupay...

Tbh with the 5 substitute rule there's no real issue these days of being overloaded in the forward areas, it's good depth for Forest. Would be interested in seeing how financially sustainable their recruitment drive has been.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Dennis Undav is likely to become the first choice forward as the season progresses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Neal Maupay - Everton Set to Sign Striker

Decent signing for Everton, capable of scoring enough goals to keep them up and can deputise when Calvert-Lewin isnt fit.

Also a massive shithouse which the fans will love.

I will be honest and say if we signed him back I’d be slightly underwhelmed simply because his peak level doesn’t really align with what we’re trying to sign in a player these days. So I’d be a bit wary if I were an Everton fan, but as far as depth goes he’ll do a good job.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He is a better second choice than Rondon and offers something different to Calvert-Lewin who is approaching his return as main striker.

£15m is relative peanuts nowadays so it'll do for me.

Any chance we can have Rondon?  Asking for @Rick :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I know Maupay has played in  a couple of lower leagues before getting to the EPL not sure he is EPL quality though happy to be proved wrong. 

I think any team looking to survive needs Maupay, he will add 8-10 goals to your season tally and if you have another forward scoring goals it’ll reduce the burden on them to keep the team up

• The title was changed to Neal Maupay - Everton Sign Brighton Striker

Archived