talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mykhaylo Mudryk - Chelsea Beat Arsenal to Signing Winger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mykhailo Mudryk: Chelsea agree £85m transfer deal for Arsenal target and Shakhtar Donetsk winger | Football News | Sky Sports

Damn, it looks almost certain now that Mudryk will join Potter's struggling Chelsea side instead of Arteta's elegant and creative Arsenal team. Apparently Mudryk was in London to have his Chelsea medical today. So if both Shakhtar and Mudryk have accepted this switch, then it's almost certainly going to go through now. I think the only thing that my scupper this deal, is if Arsenal match or trump Chelsea's transfer over to Shakhtar, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

It's a shame, because it was clear that Arsenal was Mudryk's favoured destination from the start. Well, money unfortunately rules yet again.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arsenal have had a clear run up at this deal. €5m difference? Just pay the money.

From what I've read, Arsenal offered £62 million(70 million euros) plus add ons which would have taken the total transfer to £70 million(79 million euros). Chelsea on the other hand have offered £88 million(100 million euros) up front for Mudryk. There's a significant difference in those offers to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

From what I've read, Arsenal offered £62 million(70 million euros) plus add ons which would have taken the total transfer to £70 million(79 million euros). Chelsea on the other hand have offered £88 million(100 million euros) up front for Mudryk. There's a significant difference in those offers to be fair.

Sorry, my bad, Chelsea's bid is also structured so that there are add-ons. But the total transfer fee will still come to £88 million(100 million euros), which is still much more than Arsenal's bid.

17 minutes ago, Devil said:

Chelsea just grabbing at any player, its getting really embarrassing.

Surely they will need to shift players on the back of all these signings.

Connor Gallagher is the only player that makes sense for us,  20m at most for him,  chelsea treat him like a second rate citizen. 

46 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Connor Gallagher is the only player that makes sense for us,  20m at most for him,  chelsea treat him like a second rate citizen. 

They are just us over the last 10 years, it doesn't work this random spending.

City did it well, your doing it well. Drip feed players into the current squad to keep continuity.

Boely is destroying Chelsea in less than a season.

If I was Potter I'd get out now, his rep isn't that damaged as the clubs rotten.

Some sources are claiming that Chelsea will actually eventually pay Shakhtar Donetsk a total transfer fee of £97.5 million(110 million euros) for Mudryk. Either way, it's going to be a huge transfer fee that brings Mudryk to Stamford Bridge. Mudryk will also be signing a 7 and a half year contract with Chelsea(until June 2030), that will tie him at the club for a very long time, unless Chelsea decide to sell him early. Arsenal fans must be gutted by all this going on, it looked for so long that he would inevitably end up at Arsenal. Arsenal were even his favoured choice.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Arsenal have had a clear run up at this deal. €5m difference? Just pay the money.

But how many times can you go "Just €5m more"? Not like it was our first bid.

We only need a player that's gonna push Martinelli & Saka. The fact we even went up that high for him was surprising. ESR is back from injury now anyway. I'd much rather we signed a striker or a central midfielder. Or both.

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

But how many times can you go "Just €5m more"? Not like it was our first bid.

We only need a player that's gonna push Martinelli & Saka. The fact we even went up that high for him was surprising. ESR is back from injury now anyway. I'd much rather we signed a striker or a central midfielder. Or both.

"€5 million more", some people talk as if what is required is only 5 euros more.

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

The issue is Chelsea have three seasons including this one to get inline with FFP, thats why they can spend so much

Also we will probably sell at least 7-8 players in the summer at least. Obviously we won't earn 400mill but we will earn a lot.

I applaud Arsenal for standing their ground, Shakhtar are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and if the player wanted Arsenal bad enough, you'd like to think he'd do what he could on his part to make it happen, other than just simply liking Instagram posts.

The only thing I'd have said is if Arsenal wanted him badly enough and he was absolutely imperitive to the make up of their team (So for instance, he improves the first XI and doesn't just bulk out the squad) then sometimes you got to bite the bullit and pay a bit more than you'd like.

They obviously reached a point where his signing didn't seem essential enough to push the boat out and they've baulked at the extra costs. That's fine.

I've no words for Chelsea. Pure scattergun approach, bordering on desperation.

The best analogy I could use is it's just a case of them unzipping their flies and saying we have a bigger cock than you, yet they've no idea how to use it.

All for show. 

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I applaud Arsenal for standing their ground, Shakhtar are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and if the player wanted Arsenal bad enough, you'd like to think he'd do what he could on his part to make it happen, other than just simply liking Instagram posts.

The only thing I'd have said is if Arsenal wanted him badly enough and he was absolutely imperitive to the make up of their team (So for instance, he improves the first XI and doesn't just bulk out the squad) then sometimes you got to bite the bullit and pay a bit more than you'd like.

They obviously reached a point where his signing didn't seem essential enough to push the boat out and they've baulked at the extra costs.

The best analogy I could use is it's just a case of them unzipping their flies and saying we have a bigger cock than you, yey they've no idea how to use it.

All for show. 

That analogy made me laugh and it rings true in so many ways. But you can't really blame Mudryk in all of this. Shakhtar said that they wanted 100 million euros for him and that was the offer they expected to receive if they were to sell him. Arsenal didn't bid quite as much as that, but Chelsea did.

After Chelsea bid the 100 million, Shakhtar essentially gave Mudryk an ultimatum, telling him that he either accepts the Chelsea move, or he stays at Shakhtar until the end of the season. Mudryk's contract at Shakhtar expires on the 31st of December 2026. So Shakhtar would happily have kept him until the end of the season and waited for renewed offers in the summer. He probably would have gained even more interest by then, given that clubs are usually more prepared to spend huge sums during the summer period. However, Mudryk was desperate to leave Shakhtar as soon as possible and play in a bigger league.

Chelsea have also apparently promised Mudryk that he will go straight into the starting 11, so an extra incentive for him to make the move, not to mention that he will be earning shitloads more at Chelsea than he is earning at Shakhtar. Mudryk has made no secret about wanting to join a big club. Arsenal were his preferred choice, but in the end Chelsea were the club that coughed up the transfer fee that Shakhtar were demanding. So I don't think you can really blame Mudryk for making the move, given the options that were offered to him. 

remember when Newcastle were going to ruin football?  that was the funniest knee jerk reaction ever.

we are around 10th or 11th on total spend with about 40m left which will move us to 8th.  

I wish we could spend and fix up our 3 areas of need but apparently FFP applies to us.  FFP is there to protect the big 6 from someone else rising to fast and threatening their comfort zone

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

remember when Newcastle were going to ruin football?  that was the funniest knee jerk reaction ever.

xD you still might/could. 

You're not innocent in all of this just because Chelsea are fucking it up currently. It doesn't absolve your club. 

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

The best analogy I could use is it's just a case of them unzipping their flies and saying we have a bigger cock than you, yet they've no idea how to use it.

All for show. 

I was expecting the Pokemon 'Gotta Catch Em All' analogy but maybe I'm too innocent minded.

56 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was expecting the Pokemon 'Gotta Catch Em All' analogy but maybe I'm too innocent minded.

You're a father now, and avid watcher of Peppa Pig, Bing and Bluey. That's to be expected.

• The title was changed to Mykhaylo Mudryk - Chelsea Beat Arsenal to Signing Winger

Archived