talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I’m not sure what’s more ignorant the people your taking the piss out of or remain voters that keep peddling this sort of shite. 

The main man behind the entire referendum peddles that shite, if you really believe that most of that vote wasn't swayed by an anti-immigration and anti-Muslim agenda then more fool you. The average voter wasn't thinking about the politics in Brussels, the average voter couldn't even give you a law that they wanted control back of. It was "we give the EU this, let's give it to the NHS" (which has been hilariously backpeddled), "Turkey will join the EU and flood Europe with Muslims and terrorists", "we don't have control over our borders" (we do).

I know the remain campaign fearmongered also as I am still waiting for the end of civilisation as we know, but there was very little reasoning in that referendum and it was entirely down to playing on people's emotions regarding immigration, Islam and general pro-nationalist agendas. You've only got to go back to Farage getting the push for the referendum on the debate in which he falsely claimed that foreign AIDS sufferers were health tourists. That essentially summed the whole thing up.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen this article from Private Eye - re: Jacob Reese-Mogg's investment fund setting up a feeder fund in Dublin to avoid hard Brexit consequences?

YhVMwmG.png

Just to remind you that the minds behind Brexit believe that international mobility is for the rich... not for the rest of us.

The issues about investment in the NHS can be resolved with or without Brexit. A lot of people are voting against neo-liberalism, which is what we will have with Brexit or without under this government.

For what it's worth, I think we have to brexit now, to not do so will create a 'stab in the back' narrative for the right-wing to exploit. 

On 23.6.2018 at 19:26, The Artful Dodger said:

The issues about investment in the NHS can be resolved with Brexit. 

What does that mean? It can be resolved by making huge sacrifices? Not only is there no Brexit divident, but you actually have less money available until 2021, because the EU won't grant you subsidies anymore. On top of that Brexit worsened an already existing shortage of nurses.

For what it's worth, I think we have to brexit now, to not do so will create a 'stab in the back' narrative for the right-wing to exploit. 

How about the majority of the British public - after realising pretty much everything they were told about Brexit by the far-right was a lie - stop falling for right-wing narratives. If you continuously give the right-wing what they want out of fear that not doing so would strengthen their narrative, you effectively put them in charge of running your country.

Edited by BartraPique1932
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Remember the Brexit vote two years ago? Lol that's coming along nicely. We continue to be an absolute shambles of a country as evidenced by the fact that Theresa May is still leading the country and Boris fucking Johnson is still in a leading position in the negotiations.

Not pointing fingers at the Tories because Labour are an equally disorganised and inept pack of mongs even if I do like some of Corbyn's ideas. His novelty has well and truly worn off as well.

Time to get behind Russell Brand's revolution. 

There goes my anger at this whole situation, I'll go back to the next several months of absolute apathy again.

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:52, RandoEFC said:

Remember the Brexit vote two years ago? Lol that's coming along nicely. We continue to be an absolute shambles of a country as evidenced by the fact that Theresa May is still leading the country and Boris fucking Johnson is still in a leading position in the negotiations.

Not pointing fingers at the Tories because Labour are an equally disorganised and inept pack of mongs even if I do like some of Corbyn's ideas. His novelty has well and truly worn off as well.

Time to get behind Russell Brand's revolution. 

There goes my anger at this whole situation, I'll go back to the next several months of absolute apathy again.

I honestly can't remember a time in my life, granted when I was a kid I barely gave a fuck about politics, where the political leadership in the UK just seems so devoid of leadership.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly can't remember a time in my life, granted when I was a kid I barely gave a fuck about politics, where the political leadership in the UK just seems so devoid of leadership.

I think this feeling is rather world wide for the most part. I have often enjoyed politics but now I find myself not caring anymore and waiting for the next generation to come about. 

Just now, Eco said:

I think this feeling is rather world wide for the most part. I have often enjoyed politics but now I find myself not caring anymore and waiting for the next generation to come about. 

I think the apathy keeps voter turnout low, when really we shouldn't be apathetic and demanding actual leadership from our politicians. 

Ingenious 25 step Brexit master plan leaked:

1. Shout "Project fear!".
  2. Point out that Soros is a jewish billionaire and a foreigner.
  3. Mention "Fish" and "Sovereignty". Don't mention that the UK will no longer be a rule maker, but remain a rule taker, if it wants frictionless access to the EU single market after Brexit.
  4. Pretend that Britain can simply unilaterally decide whether it wants to respect the Good Friday Agreement or not.
  5. "Death to the traitors!"
  6. >It's the will of the people to become poorer. They voted for it.
  7. "Brexit means Brexit!"
  8. Blame the EU, although you pretended that Britain would have all the leverage in the negotiations during the referendum("Easiest trade deal in history"). 
  9. "We need to get on with it."
  10. "I'm not gonna let some unelected bureaucrats from Brussels run my life." Don't mention that civil servants are unelected bureaucrats.
  11. Blame migrants.
  12. Pretend that not leaving the EU in order to prevent a downfall of the British economy means the end of democracy, because "muh referendum". Don't mention though that the UK is a parliamentry constitutional monarchy in which referendi are merely advisory by nature or that Vote leave cheated.
  13. Did you mention that George Soros is jewish yet?
  14. Point out that the EU - aka "the fourth Reich" - is run by G*rmany entirely and only seeks to create a NWO.
  15. "Look at G*rmany and all the countries it has to bail out and how the EU is forcing Germany to take all those rapefugees. The EU is destroying G*rmany. The UK needs to leave if it wants to evade a similar fate."
  16. "The EU army is gonna come and force you to take all refugees."
  17. Never ever show anyone this David Davis quote.
  18. Blame remainers.
  19. "Theresa May needs to be tougher with Brussels". Don't mention that she has basically no leverage.
  20. Select a chief negotiator who believes that you can make individual trade deals with EU member states.
  21. "I knew all along it would harm our economy for decades. But at some undefined point in the future it's going to be really great!"
  22. >BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Siemens, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, the IFS, the NHS, the WTO, the IMF, the civil servants who were involved in "The Exiting the EU Committee" report, the Grimsby Fish Merchant's Association and the majority of experts are in cahoots with Brussels.
  23. "Freeeeedom!"
  24. "We're just gonna join nafta!" Don't mention that Trump - a president known his revival of national chauvinism and his "America first" policy -  wants to get rid of nafta.  Also don't mention that all major automotive manufacturers have plants inside the current nafta region already and that by joining nafta they could move all their plants from the UK to a EU member state without losing access to any of their current markets.
  25. Sign a bill which allows the government to finalise a Brexit deal or the decision to leave without a deal - no matter how bad it will be - without the parliament.

Btw how does Liam 'easiest trade deal in history' Fox still have a job?

Edited by BartraPique1932
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

What a train wreck xD

Best thing that could have happened after her botched election, hopefully they do her over here and her car crash premiership goes to the wall. 

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

Keir Starmer, hopefully.

I reckon you’re the type that calls people gammons 😂

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned