talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I was going to wait until I finished AC to then play COD and Wolfenstein but I saw the latter on sale for £20 and had to swoop. 

You won't be disappointed. Its a rush and a good one at that. The story-telling is really good as well.

On a side-note, if you've played CupHead and enjoyed it do take the time (when you get it) to watch this. I've always been a skeptic of how people rate/see games until I myself try them, Prey and No Man's Sky being the top two in that list. But the kind of comments and the analysis in the video are quite eye-opening if you're the kind of person to be swayed by YT/Game journal articles on the same.

Edited by Mel81x

• 4 weeks later...

The Last of Us was quality, but play it on hard at least as the game is completely different to Uncharted.

Anyhow, finished a run through of Sonic Mania (best 2D game since the Mega Drive ones easily) and thinking of either continuing with it or setting up the Switch. Also have Yakuza Kiwami in reserve as well.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Great series, 2 and 4 where probably my favourites in the series. Ill wait a bit before buying Lost Legacy until the price comes down but im excited to try that.

Next up for me is The Last of Us.

You're going to love TLoU more than the Lost Legacy imo. I thought it was okay but nothing like the original Uncharted series.

Started playing Dead Cells on Steam. Fun platformer and going cheap right now too.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The Last of Us was quality, but play it on hard at least as the game is completely different to Uncharted.

Cheers. I played Uncharted on the regular difficulty if that means anything; i didnt find it particularly hard for the most part :what:

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You're going to love TLoU more than the Lost Legacy imo. I thought it was okay but nothing like the original Uncharted series.

Ive heard nothing but good things about TLoU from anyone ever so im stoked. Interesting, so not a big fan of it then? What where your issues if i may?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ive heard nothing but good things about TLoU from anyone ever so im stoked. Interesting, so not a big fan of it then? What where your issues if i may?

The two biggest issues I had were that it was a rushed story and didn't feel as good as the originals and the second was that it stuttered so much at times that it was hard to play, especially towards the end. Its got all the game mechanics of an Uncharted but it just didn't feel like one. Having said that its an entertaining game at best.

• Upvote 1

Metal Gear Soild 5 Phantom Pain has recently been added to Xbox game pass (Netflix for games) what a game, i played it yesterday from 6am to 7pm :rofl:  just couldn't put it down, it's like the first time you start a season on Fifa, the Mrs was not impressed!  ..seems it's got a lot of 10/10 reviews from IGN, Gamespot etc highly recommended 

Playing so many games at the moment on my new One X (it's better than my £800 PC) rise of the tomb raider, GTA5,  Ghost Recon wildlands, Sniper 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Elite Dangerous, Halo 5, Gears of war 4, Skyrim Remastered, Fifa17, Forza5   ...think i've made a mistake of trying to play to many games at the same time lol, need to pick one and finish it then move on

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Metal Gear Soild 5 Phantom Pain has recently been added to Xbox game pass (Netflix for games) what a game, i played it yesterday from 6am to 7pm :rofl:  just couldn't put it down, it's like the first time you start a season on Fifa, the Mrs was not impressed!  ..seems it's got a lot of 10/10 reviews from IGN, Gamespot etc highly recommended 

Playing so many games at the moment on my new One X (it's better than my £800 PC) rise of the tomb raider, GTA5,  Ghost Recon wildlands, Sniper 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Elite Dangerous, Halo 5, Gears of war 4, Skyrim Remastered, Fifa17, Forza5   ...think i've made a mistake of trying to play to many games at the same time lol, need to pick one and finish it then move on

MGS5 is a superb game. How far did you get? At one point I just aimlessly roamed doing missions.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The two biggest issues I had were that it was a rushed story and didn't feel as good as the originals and the second was that it stuttered so much at times that it was hard to play, especially towards the end. Its got all the game mechanics of an Uncharted but it just didn't feel like one. Having said that its an entertaining game at best.

Good stuff, either way i didnt feel like it was worth the price they're asking at the moment so i figured ill wait awhile before buying it, i got a few more games on deck at the moment anywho :D

Has anyone played Hitman at all? i missed the boat picking it up for black friday but ill try again for boxing week. I was a big fan of the original series, the ps3 one was alright. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Good stuff, either way i didnt feel like it was worth the price they're asking at the moment so i figured ill wait awhile before buying it, i got a few more games on deck at the moment anywho :D

Has anyone played Hitman at all? i missed the boat picking it up for black friday but ill try again for boxing week. I was a big fan of the original series, the ps3 one was alright. 

I just started playing it and I find it quite good. @Cannabis can shed some light here as he said he loved it.

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I've just got to the part where you get that sniper with the big knockers! O.o:D

Ah good old Kojima. Snipers pretty much rock in every MGS all the way back to the original Sniper Wolf

28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I just started playing it and I find it quite good. @Cannabis can shed some light here as he said he loved it.

Ah good old Kojima. Snipers pretty much rock in every MGS all the way back to the original Sniper Wolf

He's a perv, surprised he doesn't have her holster her weapon up her fish mitten! ..pulls a fuckin bazooker out of it or something  xD  ..that guys got problems :ph34r:

Edited by Happy Blue

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He's a perv, surprised he doesn't have her holster her weapon up her fish mitten! ..pulls a fuckin bazooker out of it or something  xD  ..that guys got problems :ph34r:

You seen his latest game trailer? He definitely is a little 'out' there.

• Subscriber
On 12/25/2017 at 4:42 AM, Cannabis said:

Only just seen this, Hitman is a great game and a welcome return for the franchise after the disappointment that was Absolution. It's a classic ''Hitman'' game in the sense that there isn't much of a story per se, just a set of assassinations that you carry out. It's still not as good as the perfection that was ''Blood Money'' but still, if you like the series then you'll enjoy this. 

Cheers, thats what i was hoping for. I missed out on black friday it was sold out everywhere, i checked online yesterday and it said the same. To be honest i have a handful of new games to get to now anyways but as a big fan of the series this was always on my mind. God Blood Money was so good. Pepperidge Farm's rememebers.

Speaking of which what should i play next? I have on deck after just finishing the Uncharted series; Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed Syndicate (im about 50% done, i had previously borrowed the game off a coworker but had to return it when he quit, so this was about a year ago) and Origins...which i wont play until im done syndicate. Im still leaning towards TLoU.

• Subscriber
On 12/27/2017 at 10:53 PM, Berserker said:

That looks SOOO bizarre, what are these fucking mini helicopter things on their backs? xD

Daryl deserved to star a great game, preferably about zombies, not this fucking shit. :(

He has always been odd with new IPs when it comes to his games but I have faith. This is going to be an interesting roller-coaster just like Metal Gear was when they redid it for Playstation (still one of my top ten games ever played).

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

He has always been odd with new IPs when it comes to his games but I have faith. This is going to be an interesting roller-coaster just like Metal Gear was when they redid it for Playstation (still one of my top ten games ever played).

Speaking of Metal Gear, i'm playing the Twin Snakes for the first time (has much better graphics than the one for PSX), but i don't love it. I'm kinda forcing myself to play so i can later jump into the other MGS, although i'm not sure if i'll like them neither. Not much of a fan of futuristic "shooting" games, much prefer old Japanese Samurai games.

Edited by Berserker