talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

28 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Win win for Spurs, that. Concentrate on the league and can’t get the piss taken out of them when they inevitably lose in a competition they didn’t even care about. 

That's why I back them to get 4th spot. 

Conte is very result oriented and it seems he already has the fans and players on his side, which is utterly massive in the grand scheme of things. As the cliché goes, his passion makes you want to go to war with him. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Cicero said:

That's why I back them to get 4th spot. 

Conte is very result oriented and it seems he already has the fans and players on his side, which is utterly massive in the grand scheme of things. As the cliché goes, his passion makes you want to go to war with him. 

I love him. The players seems to love him. What a man 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Conte says Spurs are appealing UEFA's decision to knock Spurs out by forfeiting the Rennes match.

I mean I get it on principle but it’s a disgraceful decision by UEFA but in reality we will lose and it’s best for us to be out anyway 

Pivotal match for Spurs tomorrow, in fact mid season defining even. So far under Conte Spurs haven't won away, all the wins coming at home so, break that trend tomorrow and Spurs should then crack on. My prediction? When Spurs are playing well you have to take them to beat Saints so away win.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Well now, people destroyed Spurs for only drawing against Southampton. Well, our draw now looks very good seeing as Saints are thrashing Brentford 4-1.

Didn't you play a whole half with an extra man though?

I can see the frustration of not getting a result against 10 men.

2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Well now, people destroyed Spurs for only drawing against Southampton. Well, our draw now looks very good seeing as Saints are thrashing Brentford 4-1.

No offense to Brentford, but I'd expect Spurs to be a much better side than them in any given match.

I'd be worried if I was Tottenham.

They managed to finally snare Conte at the 2nd attempt, they have painted the dream to him and now when he wants them to front up and back him, it's all going rather quiet.

I think Conte is that volatile that if he doesn't see evidence of the club matching his ambition, he'll do one, which would be a crying shame for them.

Levy has got to act surely. So many bang average players at Tottenham to clear out and replace that they won't go anywhere soon without doing so. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'd be worried if I was Tottenham.

They managed to finally snare Conte at the 2nd attempt, they have painted the dream to him and now when he wants them to front up and back him, it's all going rather quiet.

I think Conte is that volatile that if he doesn't see evidence of the club matching his ambition, he'll do one, which would be a crying shame for them.

Levy has got to act surely. So many bang average players at Tottenham to clear out and replace that they won't go anywhere soon without doing so. 

Hard to see who'd succeed him on his level too.

• 2 weeks later...

If I’m Conte, I’d walk if we end up signing Luiz over you’s. That’ll be two public humiliations with Traore as well, where other sides have swooped in under your noses and signed the players you were wanting. At some point something has to give and the top and bottom of it is that it’s 3 days until the end of the window and Conte hasn’t been backed whatsoever by bringing in players when he made it clear it was needed. Just scream of Levy being a snake again. 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Rick said:

If I’m Conte, I’d walk if we end up signing Luiz over you’s. That’ll be two public humiliations with Traore as well, where other sides have swooped in under your noses and signed the players you were wanting. At some point something has to give and the top and bottom of it is that it’s 3 days until the end of the window and Conte hasn’t been backed whatsoever by bringing in players when he made it clear it was needed. Just scream of Levy being a snake again. 

‘Humiliation’ hardly mate. It’s Liverpool and Barcelona. Traore we were never fully convinced by hence setting up a deal and waiting and see what else is out there before coming back to it late. When Barca came in he’s always going to go there.

Its also Mendes - just uses our name when it suits. Diaz was always just flushing Liverpool out here, you’ve been linked far longer than we have. Just forcing your hand. 

Im reserving judgement until the window closes like anyone should. At that point I may be angry but for now just wait and see. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Storts said:

‘Humiliation’ hardly mate. It’s Liverpool and Barcelona. Traore we were never fully convinced by hence setting up a deal and waiting and see what else is out there before coming back to it late. When Barca came in he’s always going to go there.

Its also Mendes - just uses our name when it suits. Diaz was always just flushing Liverpool out here, you’ve been linked far longer than we have. Just forcing your hand. 

Im reserving judgement until the window closes like anyone should. At that point I may be angry but for now just wait and see. 

Have Spurs profited from many January window signings before?

Some clubs seem to never do that well, others get them right, even if it's deadline day which usually suggest an element of 'panic' unless the agent/player is just holding out for more money.

37 minutes ago, Storts said:

Do you believe you’ll have strengthened the squad significantly come Monday night? Enough to appease Conte? 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have Spurs profited from many January window signings before?

Some clubs seem to never do that well, others get them right, even if it's deadline day which usually suggest an element of 'panic' unless the agent/player is just holding out for more money.

No, not really, not ever been a time we do loads of business other than the winter we were at threat of relegation when Redknapp came in and we had to spend money 

But this window felt important as champions league football is within reach and so so important to this club and we need to give our world class manager the tools to work with. Right now it’s pretty disastrous but saving judgement until Monday 

Traore doesn't want to play right wing-back, which is why he doesn't want to come to the club. It's not to do with any financial decision on the club's part. If he doesn't want to play where the manager asks, why do we want him? 

Diaz has been scouted by Liverpool for some time who were going to sign him this summer. We have agreed a fee with Porto and made the player an offer. His agents put the brakes on it, then Liverpool leapt in realizing if they want him, they have to do it now. It's going to happen. The agents were likely playing games to get Liverpool in quickly.

I mean, Levy deserves a lot of criticism but this window is not due to him not putting the money up. January is a nightmare for this anyway, Conte has said that himself and the talk that Conte will storm out on February 1st appears to be extremely fanciful. He will, however, leave if he is not backed in the summer and if that happens, we deserve all we get.

• 2 months later...

I have no doubt Manchester United would be interested, given the culture of the club needs to change signing the England Captain is possibly the most effective and quickest way to do that.

That said, whilst I'm sure his relationship with Levy will forever be fractured as a result of broken verbal agreements, but is there really any point in making a sideways step to Manchester United? If he can't win trophies at Tottenham, is he really going to win any at Manchester United? You'd have to say Spurs are in the better position under Conte to do so.

• Upvote 1