talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Was bought to be the future successor to Messi, opted to be the new Figo instead. It's sad that it had to end this way, but it is what it is. 

Now here's to hoping that the board surprises us and spends the money wisely so we can become a stronger overall team despite this departure. 

How is he the new figo? Did he move to their direct rival after being a captain of barcelona or did he create any nuisance in the media or did he say to the fans that he is not moving? 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Asura said:

mate, I have a question on this whole saga. Why are you talking bad about Neymar? Did he say anything wrong in the press or posted anything on twitter or facebook or elsewhere? If anything, he handled this with decency, he never talked anything about the whole transfer, he went to china for the promotions and played with the team in the states and scored goals and helped them win. I dont get the hate towards neymar on this one. I get people dont like his father's antics but the kid did nothing wrong IMO. He was brought from Santos via many illegal transactions and cules were all happy and never said anything bad then but not sure why are you lot going mad over him for moving to some other team for whatever reasons he might have. 

@SirBalon, not sure if you didnt read this or if you completely ignored but please do respond on my question here. Why do you want to wave a middle finger to neymar? What wrong did he do?

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

There are more signings made by the clubs in the Premier league every season than any other league in the world, more money is spent by Premier league clubs every season by a massive margin, it's the league with the least homegrown players in the world.... But if a player is signed from the Premier league, it's "tapping up", "bullying", "an insult", "wrong". Fuck off.

Of course every club 'taps' players, but at least publicly they don't behave like Barca or Real, with their players openly talking about the potential signings and how they are prisoners, and what not.

This is the only reason why, this is thoroughly enjoyable to me. Barca got bent over and proper fucked by a strapon. Thoroughly enjoyable.

He didn't move to a direct rival but his behaviour and silence through it all was interpreted as massive disrespect to both the fans and the club. We don't care that he left, it's the way he did it. He isn't nearly as bad as Figo but he will be viewed in Barcelona as a traitor and be put in the same boat as the Portuguese; just look at the posters that have appeared all over Barcelona

Also, when are we going to move this to the French league forum?

3 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

He didn't move to a direct rival but his behaviour and silence through it all was interpreted as massive disrespect to both the fans and the club. We don't care that he left, it's the way he did it. He isn't nearly as bad as Figo but he will be viewed in Barcelona as a traitor and be put in the same boat as the Portuguese; just look at the posters that have appeared all over Barcelona

what do you want him to do by breaking his silence? Just because a bunch of idiots carries posters doesnt mean he did something wrong. He had full rights to chose where he wants to play. He is not even your academy player FFS to whine about his transfer, barcelona paid for his transfer and used his talents to win a treble and then a double and the business is completed. He owes nothing to barcelona fans, he can move anywhere he wants and IMO he moved with class without making any shite statements in the press. 

Did he move with "class" though?

And no, he owes nothing to Barcelona, except for the fact that we played a part in helping him become the player he is today who cost 222 million euros. Had he stayed at Santos or gone to another club, how are you so sure he won't be Robinho 2.0 by now? 

28 minutes ago, Storts said:

You say that - but think it's pretty widely known that the State has a pretty sizeable influence in the goings on at Real Madrid... 

Not to sign players in the modern era mate.

The only thing I know about state intervention (of which there was quite a bit back then) was when Di Stéfano moved to Real Madrid when he'd already been signed from Millonarios by Barça. 

All of this garbage being spoken about Spanish clubs stealing players is hilarious and ridiculous.

But by all mean people... Type all you like on things you know very little about. 

Don't really see how Barcelona can complain, and this isn't about their behaviour regarding transfers in the past but a case of the crazy release clause, that both Barcelona & Neymar agreed to having, being met means they can't really say anything about being wronged. They also received near £200m for a player who isn't even their best player. How are they even trying to justify wanting to be seen as victims? xD

7 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Did he move with "class" though?

And no, he owes nothing to Barcelona, except for the fact that we played a part in helping him become the player he is today who cost 222 million euros. Had he stayed at Santos or gone to another club, how are you so sure he won't be Robinho 2.0 by now? 

How should he move that makes him "classy". Like I said, he didnt make any statements in the press or he didnt say that he wont participate in the pre season tours to USA, scored goals and helped the team win and he also went to china for the promotion purposes. He did every single job he is supposed to do until today as he was part of barcelona till now. Not sure how else he should have behaved to deem classy, you can explain that part as Im curious what he should have done differently.

The reality is barca fans are bitter that the guy who they called "prince" after the "king" messi and who is supposed to be messi's successor in future is leaving them. 

Barcelona made him 222 million player and he helped barcelona win 6 major trophies in four years which improved barcelona's image a little more. LIke I said its a business and both benefitted so its not correct to blame him for his move. 

Even after 8 pages of this thread not a single barcelona sympathiser or fan could come up with one valid point on what Neymar has done wrong in this whole transfer saga. 

Didnt Bale show his tantrums during his transfer to Real Madrid? I vaguely remember he didnt join training sessions and was mad at the Spurs organisation for not letting his transfer go quick enough. Despite that Spurs fans were class enough to not say anything wrong about Bale. Barcelona fans should learn a thing or two from them.

3 hours ago, Asura said:

what do you want him to do by breaking his silence? Just because a bunch of idiots carries posters doesnt mean he did something wrong. He had full rights to chose where he wants to play. He is not even your academy player FFS to whine about his transfer, barcelona paid for his transfer and used his talents to win a treble and then a double and the business is completed. He owes nothing to barcelona fans, he can move anywhere he wants and IMO he moved with class without making any shite statements in the press. 

You're the one who brought "class" up, not me. According to you he left with "class", and I want to know what's so classy about it. 

He kept the club, his teammates and the fans in the dark, he dragged this out for nearly a month now and he's leaving us with less than a month to find suitable replacement(s) when everyone knows we have a bag of gold, so players might now be overpriced. He went in with a rough tackle on our new boy Nelson Semedo and then later was engaged in a fight with him ( Semedo walked away, Neymar was the one shouting and throwing punches ) when the favour was returned, and then stormed out of training. Nothing about behaviour like that is tolerable, fans of any club would be pissed if they had to deal with this transfer saga. 

When it first began we all wanted him to stay, but as it dragged on you'd be hard pressed to find a Barcelona fan who still wanted him to stay and is sorry he left. 

3 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

You're the one who brought "class" up, not me. According to you he left with "class", and I want to know what's so classy about it. 

He kept the club, his teammates and the fans in the dark, he dragged this out for nearly a month now and he's leaving us with less than a month to find suitable replacement(s) when everyone knows we have a bag of gold, so players might now be overpriced. He went in with a rough tackle on our new boy Nelson Semedo and then later was engaged in a fight with him ( Semedo walked away, Neymar was the one shouting and throwing punches ) when the favour was returned, and then stormed out of training. Nothing about behaviour like that is tolerable, fans of any club would be pissed if they had to deal with this transfer saga. 

When it first began we all wanted him to stay, but as it dragged on you'd be hard pressed to find a Barcelona fan who still wanted him to stay and is sorry he left. 

Implicit lying or omission of truth at it's finest. All seriousness Barca fans should not feel hard done by in the slightest. 

Just now, Messiesta said:

Ofcourse he left with class, I had to say that because I saw folks in here drawing comparisons to Figo incident. 

He didnt keep his team mates in dark, an example is Pique tweeting his picture "Se Queda" a couple of weeks ago, which clearly indicates they all know about what is going on. There were also rumours/news that Pique, Messi and other big players tried to convince him to stay which also tells us that they all know his intentions.  About the fight with Semedo, those things happen in training, I have seen many videos where players fight during trainings but this particular incident was highlighted only because of this transfer saga, if not it would have been just another day in training and no one would pay attention. 

Im sure he isnt sorry he left either, but deep down many barcelona fans are crying because they lost a player who they thought would be messi's successor. 

The unethical deals concerning the state of Spain and Spanish teams have not concerned player transfers. Nearly all the issues concern land deals, favourable taxation status, and incorrect bureaucratic filings. If I recall correctly the total owed money was not even a quarter of what the Neymar to PSG transfer. There is a huge difference between a club short-cutting zoning and land deals, and a third-party (A STATE!) facilitating a transfer. 

I'm sure @SirBalon can ratify this.

3 hours ago, Asura said:

Ofcourse he left with class, I had to say that because I saw folks in here drawing comparisons to Figo incident. 

He didnt keep his team mates in dark, an example is Pique tweeting his picture "Se Queda" a couple of weeks ago, which clearly indicates they all know about what is going on. There were also rumours/news that Pique, Messi and other big players tried to convince him to stay which also tells us that they all know his intentions.  About the fight with Semedo, those things happen in training, I have seen many videos where players fight during trainings but this particular incident was highlighted only because of this transfer saga, if not it would have been just another day in training and no one would pay attention. 

Im sure he isnt sorry he left either, but deep down many barcelona fans are crying because they lost a player who they thought would be messi's successor. 

He did keep his teammates in the dark because after initially telling them he wanted to leave, they tried convincing him and believed that they had changed his mind, but then the saga continued and he never told them exactly what he wanted to do after that. Pique's "Se Queda" confirmed that the players did know he was at least thinking about leaving, but what Pique was doing was doing what Neymar still hasn't; give the fans clarity. 

The team also urged Neymar on multiple occasions to speak out, and he never did. 

Fights happen all the time, yes, but not with a player who just joined and is trying to settle in at the club....what started the fight was nothing to even be angry about either, hard tackles happen sometimes, deal with it. 

Just now, Messiesta said:

He did keep his teammates in the dark because after initially telling them he wanted to leave, they tried convincing him and believed that they had changed his mind, but then the saga continued and he never told them exactly what he wanted to do after that. Pique's "Se Queda" confirmed that the players did know, but what Pique was doing was doing what Neymar still hasn't; give the fans clarity. 

The team also urged Neymar on multiple occasions to speak out, and he never did. 

Fights happen all the time, yes, but not with a player who just joined and is trying to settle in at the club....what started the fight was nothing to even be angry about either, hard tackles happen sometimes, deal with it. 

See, I dont know what the players spoke amongst themselves but you seem to know every conversation that happened amongst them. Im saying they definitely know what was going on but not sure how much pique or other know. But you claim that pique and other convinced him and that they all know he was going to stay, not sure how you came to this conclusion. But one thing is clear that players and the management know neymar's intentions about leaving which means he didnt keep his colleagues in the dark like you claim.

From whatever I read and the interviews I saw from the players, they all said its upto neymar to decide so which also confirms they know something is going on but they are not sure if he was going to stay or leave.

The third paragraph doesnt make any sense because at the heat of the moment it doesnt matter if you are a new comer or an experienced one, its a petty fight which happens all the time in trainings and on pitch. Silly to take that even seriously

51 minutes ago, Asura said:

See, I dont know what the players spoke amongst themselves but you seem to know every conversation that happened amongst them. Im saying they definitely know what was going on but not sure how much pique or other know. But you claim that pique and other convinced him and that they all know he was going to stay, not sure how you came to this conclusion. But one thing is clear that players and the management know neymar's intentions about leaving which means he didnt keep his colleagues in the dark like you claim.

From whatever I read and the interviews I saw from the players, they all said its upto neymar to decide so which also confirms they know something is going on but they are not sure if he was going to stay or leave.

The third paragraph doesnt make any sense because at the heat of the moment it doesnt matter if you are a new comer or an experienced one, its a petty fight which happens all the time in trainings and on pitch. Silly to take that even seriously

I didn't answer you before and I'll try later as I'm busy mate. 

But on this one... YES! Indeed Neymar kept his teammates in the dark. He didn't open his mouth again since last weekend when Piqué posted his Tweet. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Asura said:

Didnt Bale show his tantrums during his transfer to Real Madrid? I vaguely remember he didnt join training sessions and was mad at the Spurs organisation for not letting his transfer go quick enough. Despite that Spurs fans were class enough to not say anything wrong about Bale. Barcelona fans should learn a thing or two from them.

Correct 

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I didn't answer you before and I'll try later as I'm busy mate. 

But on this one... YES! Indeed Neymar kept his teammates in the dark. He didn't open his mouth again since last weekend when Piqué posted his Tweet. 

That whole Pique tweeting thing is very silly if you ask me, im not sure if Neymar really said he was going to stay for pique to tweet that because after that tweet pique said he did that because he wanted neymar to stay but not that neymar confirmed he is staying. When so much is happening, I dont think the other teammates were really in dark, they do know something related to the transfer is happening. Its not that all of a sudden on one fine morning he told them his transfer is already done without prior hints.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Not to sign players in the modern era mate.

The only thing I know about state intervention (of which there was quite a bit back then) was when Di Stéfano moved to Real Madrid when he'd already been signed from Millonarios by Barça. 

All of this garbage being spoken about Spanish clubs stealing players is hilarious and ridiculous.

But by all mean people... Type all you like on things you know very little about. 

Deary me Balon get off your high horse...you miss the point completely.

Firstly state intervention at Madrid for example may not have a direct impact on signing players but you can be sure it plays a factor.

Secondly and more importantly - where you are missing in the point, is that people are just glad to see Barcelona suffer in a way many clubs have from the way the big two in Spain conduct their transfer business. They both have their own mouthpieces in the media to do their dirty work, to tap up players, apply the pressure and to ensure that players become unsettled. They've had their own way in the market for a long time, and it's somewhat satisfying to see the shoe on the other foot on this occasion. This is actually similar to the way Manchester United conduct their business, particularly 5-10 years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Still Neymar's money. Who you think pays these lawyers?

Neymar's money?

Qatar Sports Investments paid.

Do you know how a buy-out clause works?

I've actually written anfew pieces on how it works on this thread.  

Archived