talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

No problem if Neymar wants to leave Barcelona and no problem if his reason is to go to a club where he can be the main man because that's no different from taking on a new challenge. As far as that goes I can respect those decisions.

However, some of the shit house moves he's made in the last few weeks have been a disgrace. Not because he's done it to "special" Barcelona, just that he's done it. Absolute cunt and the worst thing is its another step towards players acting this way more regularly. Clubs continue to give players like this a job (obviously) so they'll continue to act this way. 

Don't get me started on the fee and FFP either. Bleugh. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expected him to stay for much longer in Barcelona. Won't go down as a Barça great. Flashed here and there, but not that consistently great.

Let's wait and see what he does for PSG. They don't have a CL history, so if he helps them win it for the first time, he'll go down as one of, or even the greatest player in their history.

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to Ricardo for anything he's read that's untoward and that he may have taken offence to.  I've already explained my poor reasoning behind my words and even then there's no excuse.  I don't take back any words I've written in my sentiments toward Neymar and his entourage at all but I do take back everything else I've connected that element to because it's not correct.  So I've wanted to make these sentiments public as it's not enough to have just told him privately.

Perdona amigo!

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to Ricardo for anything he's read that's untoward and that he may have taken offence to.  I've already explained my poor reasoning behind my words and even then there's no excuse.  I don't take back any words I've written in my sentiments toward Neymar and his entourage at all but I do take back everything else I've connected that element to because it's not correct.  So I've wanted to make these sentiments public as it's not enough to have just told him privately.

Perdona amigo!

I did't take offence, Balon. All good from me. Like I said, debating is always nice and you're a great contributor to the forum. And I guess this is why Neymar is such a media phenom. Like him or not, on and off the pitch, it's really to stay indifferent from him. My brother-in-law,'for example, hates him more than any other player in the world and roots for Argentina. hahaha

24 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You know it :rofl: the best player in the CL final by far. 

Dybala being linked with United would have you saying he's currently better than Messi no doubt about that. 

What's funny is that you will sit there and deny it. xD

15 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

When the Neymar to PSG rumours started, she tweeted that she'd send a nude to everyone who RT'ed her, since she doubted it'd happen. 😂

image.png

So what's she gonna do now then??? xD

Edit:  Aaaaah! Noooow I understand why you want him to go to PSG so much. hahaha

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

I'm critical of Neymar for many reasons, but not of his desire to leave. It makes a lot of sense, in my opinion. First of all, he will double his salary. That alone would be a very good reason. Yes, he's already very rich, but he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. Secondly, at PSG the team will be built around him. He will be the focus, the most important plays, free-kicks, it'll be up to him. Football is a team sport, but there is only one ball and in the decisive moments he will have it. 

Yep, people are only concentrating on the financial aspect, which is a factor. But Neymar also wants to desperately win that best player in world. It won't happen as long as Messi and Ronnie are around,but going to PSG gives him a chance. 

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep, people are only concentrating on the financial aspect, which is a factor. But Neymar also wants to desperately win that best player in world. It won't happen as long as Messi and Ronnie are around,but going to PSG gives him a chance. 

Will it though? 

40 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Are Messi and Cristiano going to disappear from the galaxy now that Neymar has gone to Europe's version of the Chinese Super League?

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Are Messi and Cristiano going to disappear from the galaxy now that Neymar has gone to Europe's version of the Chinese Super League?

If Barcelona win a treble, there is a good chance that messi wins Balon D'or but not neymar or suarez or Iniesta. If he moves to PSG and if they win UCL plus league neymar will have better chances of winning the balon d'or over verratti or matuidi... thats the difference

54 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

How does it?

Playing around players such as Messi gives him a far far greater chance, although I've already explained this in an earlier post and don't need to again.

Going to PSG decreases his chances big time. Nobody takes the French league seriously. Ibra scored 50 goals in all comps out in France and weren't anywhere near the award.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Going to PSG decreases his chances big time. Nobody takes the French league seriously. Ibra scored 50 goals in all comps out in France and weren't anywhere near the award, 

That will change if they win the champions league, dont you think so?

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

If Barcelona win a treble, there is a good chance that messi wins Balon D'or but not neymar or suarez or Iniesta. If he moves to PSG and if they win UCL plus league neymar will have better chances of winning the balon d'or over verratti or matuidi... thats the difference

If anything it's Neymar who has been hindering Messi's chances of winning the award, as he's been sacrificing himself alot in order to cater for him. The Argentine has gone from winning 4 ballon d'ors in a row to winning 1 in 4 years playing with Neymar. Who hinders whose chances again?

Neymar has never been consistent enough over a full season to win the award. Look at last season, he was poor in the first half of the season and class in the second. He had shitload left to prove.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

If anything it's Neymar who has been hindering Messi's chances of winning the award, as he's been sacrificing himself alot in order to cater for him. The Argentine has gone from winning 4 ballon d'ors in a row to winning 1 in 4 years playing with Neymar. Who hinders whose chances again?

No im not saying Messi hinders neymar's chances. Its just messi is a better player and their team winning a double or treble will put messi on the limelight rather than neymar or suarez (who might score 40 goals). Now imagine the same double or treble winning PSG with neymar as the main man? Who else can win that award other than him in that team? Matuidi, Cavani or Verratti over Neymar? Not a chance

17 minutes ago, Asura said:

The Ballon d'Or isn't awarded league by league. Status is unfortunately involved here on every scale not just individual. Zlatan done great things and he was never in the top 3 while there.

Plus... Putting all your eggs in one basket that is the Champions League when there are superior teams to you or various on your own level is very risky. Even inferior teams can knock you out and this happens frequently. 

7 minutes ago, Asura said:

No im not saying Messi hinders neymar's chances. Its just messi is a better player and their team winning a double or treble will put messi on the limelight rather than neymar or suarez (who might score 40 goals). Now imagine the same double or treble winning PSG with neymar as the main man? Who else can win that award other than him in that team? Matuidi, Cavani or Verratti over Neymar? Not a chance

If Neymar grew in consistency then he could have gone on to win it at Barcelona with Messi occupying a deeper role, which suits a man like Neymar to a tee and would have had him shinging brightly, just as it has done more and more for the past few years. It's actually Suarez who misses out the most, Neymar has been on the Balon D'or podium and looks like he was getting closer to it all the time. But I do understand your point.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Ballon d'Or isn't awarded league by league. Status is unfortunately involved here on every scale not just individual. Zlatan done great things and he was never in the top 3 while there.

Plus... Putting all your eggs in one basket that is the Champions League when there are superior teams to you or various on your own level is very risky. Even inferior teams can knock you out and this happens frequently. 

Cant compare zlatan to neymar mate (even though he killed it in the french league), if you want to name top 5 players in this generation neymar makes to most of the people's lists but zlatan wont.

Im not saying PSG will win the champions league or that if they win it neymar will win BDO for sure. Im just saying his odds will grow higher when messi is not in his double or treble winning team. 

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

If Neymar grew in consistency then he could have gone on to win it at Barcelona with Messi occupying a deeper role, which suits a man like Neymar to a tee and would have had him shinging brightly, just as it has done more and more for the past few years. It's actually Suarez who misses out the most, Neymar has been on the Balon D'or podium and looks like he was getting closer to it all the time. But I do understand your point.

Yeah, im not saying neymar will for sure win it with psg, just his odds might increase a bit more because he will be the main talismanic player in this new club and any big wins as a team should get him much closer to that individual trophy. Only time will tell

If Neymar moved because he wants to win an award then he's dumber than I thought. Granted, most footballers really would love to win the Balon d'Or but are you seriously going to decide your future based on wanting to receive people's opinion from them in the form of a trophy? Awards in general are just designed to make the organisers of awards shows feel important. Moving for money at least makes sense as the world works on doing things for money, moving for validation just makes someone look small in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If Neymar moved because he wants to win an award then he's dumber than I thought. Granted, most footballers really would love to win the Balon d'Or but are you seriously going to decide your future based on wanting to receive people's opinion from them in the form of a trophy? Awards in general are just designed to make the organisers of awards shows feel important. Moving for money at least makes sense as the world works on doing things for money, moving for validation just makes someone look small in my opinion.

It's nothing to do with an award anyway to be fair mate and you know that as well as I do. It's all about money.

Archived