talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

That whole Pique tweeting thing is very silly if you ask me, im not sure if Neymar really said he was going to stay for pique to tweet that because after that tweet pique said he did that because he wanted neymar to stay but not that neymar confirmed he is staying. When so much is happening, I dont think the other teammates were really in dark, they do know something related to the transfer is happening. Its not that all of a sudden on one fine morning he told them his transfer is already done without prior hints.

They were in the dark as to his intentions. He even told them he was staying at one point which is where we have Piqué's stupid tweet. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ppl forget that Barca only knocked out PSG last season cos Unai Emery got his tactis COMPLETELY WRONG at the Camp Nou. If they had attacked Barca like they did in Paris the tie would have been over by the first half.

They won't make the same mistake again.

With the additions of Dani Alves and Neymar, look for PSG to make the semis, at least. That's a young and talented team with heaps of squad depth.

btw completely off topic but what is up with Bayern?? Players getting old? Thought they'd be a real threat under Ancelotti. They just seem out of sync.

3 minutes ago, Savvy Xavi said:

Ppl forget that Barca only knocked out PSG last season cos Unai Emery got his tactis COMPLETELY WRONG at the Camp Nou. If they had attacked Barca like they did in Paris the tie would have been over by the first half.

They won't make that same mistake again.

With the additions of Dani Alves and Neymar, look for PSG to make the semis, at least. That's a young and talented team with heaps of squad depth.

btw completely off topic but what is up with Bayern?? Players getting old? Thought they'd be a real threat under Ancelotti. They just seem out of sync.

Wouldn't say completely wrong when Di Maria and Cavani had around 3 chances each to put the game to bed at the Camp Nou. The players bottled it. 

Offtopic but did anyone else here thought that neymar used to hold the ball way too long in barcelona team that typically rotates the ball fast amongst their players? He used to try and dribble way more than what is needed and killed some attacks in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

This transfer creates a big problem for the rest of the world now though. Yesterday Harry Kane was ''worth'' £80,000,000 and now he's probably ''worth'' £150,000,000. Paul Pogba was ''worth'' £89,000,000 and now he's probably ''worth'' £180,000,000. It totally changes the dynamics of transfer fees for me now and it could be worrying for some clubs who fall on the wrong side of the divide. 

I was thinking the same actually, time to move on from 10s of millions to 50s of millions per transfer from now on

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

Was Neymar's (and other client's)  money. You wouldn't say your money is actually your employer's, no?

It was Neymar who signed the cheque to get this deal through. It was his money

40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Neymar's money?

Qatar Sports Investments paid.

Do you know how a buy-out clause works?

I've actually written anfew pieces on how it works on this thread.  

Sky sports have even said to push the deal through Neymar wrote the cheque to get this deal done as going to la liga offices clearly didn't work. From all reports clearly neymar gets the money back through the investment group

Who will break Neymar's world record transfer fee? Think it'll be Cristiano Ronaldo to wherever he goes. Sure, he'll be too old, but his marketability trumps even that of Neymar.  

Can't see Messi ever leaving Barca.

Can't really think of anyone else who'd command a figure higher than Neymar. Not right now, anyway. This record might stand for a while at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

1 minute ago, Savvy Xavi said:

Who will break Neymar's world record transfer fee? Think it'll be Cristiano Ronaldo to wherever he goes. Sure, he'll be too old, but his marketability trumps even that of Neymar.  

Can't see Messi ever leaving Barca.

Can't really think of anyone else who'd command a figure higher than Neymar. Not right now, anyway. This record might stand for a while at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

Absolutely not. He'll leave on a free to the MLS when he's about 40 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Absolutely not. He'll leave on a free to the MLS when he's about 40 

You're right. That means this record might actually stand for a couple years at least. Much like the gap between Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo? Would be interesting to do a poll on who ppl think will be the next record breaking transfer fee. I do like polls lol.

Also a poll on who'll win this season's Champions League :) Hard to see anyone other than Real Madrid threepeating, honestly. They just have too much squad depth and talent in all positions.

• Subscriber

This really is a disgusting amount of money. As Cannabis pointed out im more worried how this sum affects future transfers. The Premier league money has already inflated prices to some degree but this is a new level.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

The unethical deals concerning the state of Spain and Spanish teams have not concerned player transfers. Nearly all the issues concern land deals, favourable taxation status, and incorrect bureaucratic filings. If I recall correctly the total owed money was not even a quarter of what the Neymar to PSG transfer. There is a huge difference between a club short-cutting zoning and land deals, and a third-party (A STATE!) facilitating a transfer. 

I'm sure @SirBalon can ratify this.

About the state the unethical part was to force nearly every club to become a SAD through the means of a law tailor-made for keeping Real Madrid and Barça away from becomings SAD. That difference of status (aside from sadly taking the clubs away from the fans) may lead to a difference in taxation between a club (sport association?) and SAD (sociedad mercantil).

The dubious deals in the old Ciudad Deportiva estate on Real Madrid. That was local government, and the local government also profitted bigly from that operation.

It's a bit rich coming from Tebas, but it's true this transfer changes football substantially for the worse and it's not necessarily paralel to other transfers by Barçamadrid. That said Neymar was a can of worms and "what goes around comes around", "karma is a bitch" & similar sayings may apply seamlessly.

3 hours ago, Messiesta said:

You're the one who brought "class" up, not me. According to you he left with "class", and I want to know what's so classy about it. 

He kept the club, his teammates and the fans in the dark, he dragged this out for nearly a month now and he's leaving us with less than a month to find suitable replacement(s) when everyone knows we have a bag of gold, so players might now be overpriced. He went in with a rough tackle on our new boy Nelson Semedo and then later was engaged in a fight with him ( Semedo walked away, Neymar was the one shouting and throwing punches ) when the favour was returned, and then stormed out of training. Nothing about behaviour like that is tolerable, fans of any club would be pissed if they had to deal with this transfer saga. 

When it first began we all wanted him to stay, but as it dragged on you'd be hard pressed to find a Barcelona fan who still wanted him to stay and is sorry he left. 

Come on, you can question many of Neymar´s actions but fights during training or in the dressing room are not uncommon. It happens, you have at least 30 men running high on testerone competing daily. It´s completely normal. Social media blows everything out of proportion. 

I´m not sure what Barcelona fans expected from Neymar. Loyalty? If he never had any loyalty to his hometown team, the team that took him out of poverty, what makes people think he´d show Barcelona loyalty? 

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

Sky sports have even said to push the deal through Neymar wrote the cheque to get this deal done as going to la liga offices clearly didn't work. From all reports clearly neymar gets the money back through the investment group

That's absolutely NOT the case and trust me. The money has indeed been deposited in Neymar's name because that's the nature of a buy-out clause.  To activate a buy-out clause the player himself has to buy-out his contract.  What clubs do when they activate this is that they give the money to the player and the player gets a lawyer to deposit it in his name.  That's the law being used to execute an action in a lawful manner.  But underneath like in many walks of life there are other things going on that aren't all that pure and white.

These are the issues that make me laugh when others talk about how clubs like FC Barcelona or Real Madrid are some sort of demons or in league with Satan himself and when you look or delve in deep, EVERY club is functioning in exactly the same manner...  Especially clubs that have been taken over by foreign investors.  The irony is mind blowing and I can only assume some are so innocent that they've bought into the whole product way too much.

Anyhow...  Believe what you like.  I'm giving you book printed facts!  Most other things you've read here are sentiments and you know what they say about people getting overly sensitive and touchy on a subject.  It can be perceived that this is exactly how I get on particular subjects, but I'm actually defending the topic and what's really occurring.  Not hearsay or in some cases reading and believing idiots at home commenting on social media.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

This transfer creates a big problem for the rest of the world now though. Yesterday Harry Kane was ''worth'' £80,000,000 and now he's probably ''worth'' £150,000,000. Paul Pogba was ''worth'' £89,000,000 and now he's probably ''worth'' £180,000,000. It totally changes the dynamics of transfer fees for me now and it could be worrying for some clubs who fall on the wrong side of the divide. 

I kind of agree but also think it reflects where the market was already at. 

Kylian Mbappe for 161m would be the really worrying one for distorting the heck out of the market. That's a player with huge potential not a top 5 player in the world. That is more the type of player usually getting pinched by bigger clubs and 161m is beyond realistic for that an potentially puts wind in the sails of all clubs trying to hold onto their developing stars. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Nothing like the Bale transaction as that was a negotiation between two clubs and not a state paying for the transfer.

This isn't on you mate... But people formulate opinions seeming to be based on reading headlines and not the facts.

I can't  help feel that Spanish football doesn't come out of this looking particular well. If anything the League have been embarrassing in their conduct and Barcelona must feel bewildered. 

As for a state paying, the point I was eluding too is the Spanish government heavily influenced funding at Real, who can forget the training ground purchase and sale back to Real farce. Creative bookkeeping is the norm nowadays, can anyone prove Qatar paid for Neymar? Of course not, it's just a larger scale representation of what has occurred for sometime now, with investment from China etc 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's absolutely NOT the case and trust me. The money has indeed been deposited in Neymar's name because that's the nature of a buy-out clause.  To activate a buy-out clause the player himself has to buy-out his contract.  What clubs do when they activate this is that they give the money to the player and the player gets a lawyer to deposit it in his name.  That's the law being used to execute an action in a lawful manner.  But underneath like in many walks of life there are other things going on that aren't all that pure and white.

These are the issues that make me laugh when others talk about how clubs like FC Barcelona or Real Madrid are some sort of demons or in league with Satan himself and when you look or delve in deep, EVERY club is functioning in exactly the same manner...  Especially clubs that have been taken over by foreign investors.  The irony is mind blowing and I can only assume some are so innocent that they've bought into the whole product way too much..

You are missing the point i think mate. Barca are the top dogs.  They never get dumped. They are the head cheerleader that all year at school was too good for everyone   who's now been left in tears at the prom screaming "nobody ever breaks up with me. I break up with you. That's how it works".

Whilst this happens in every social scenario with all walks of people it is less common to see at the top of the social tree get a taste of their own medicine and thus is refreshing to most others to see happen. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

I can't  help feel that Spanish football doesn't come out of this looking particular well. If anything the League have been embarrassing in their conduct and Barcelona must feel bewildered. 

As for a state paying, the point I was eluding too is the Spanish government heavily influenced funding at Real, who can forget the training ground purchase and sale back to Real farce. Creative bookkeeping is the norm nowadays, can anyone prove Qatar paid for Neymar? Of course not, it's just a larger scale representation of what has occurred for sometime now, with investment from China etc 

The Spanish Government? Are you really serious?  Let me tell you Centralist French bastard there are several levels of decision making administration bodies in Spain.

10 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

About the state the unethical part was to force nearly every club to become a SAD through the means of a law tailor-made for keeping Real Madrid and Barça away from becomings SAD. That difference of status (aside from sadly taking the clubs away from the fans) may lead to a difference in taxation between a club (sport association?) and SAD (sociedad mercantil).

The dubious deals in the old Ciudad Deportiva estate on Real Madrid. That was local government, and the local government also profitted bigly from that operation.

It's a bit rich coming from Tebas, but it's true this transfer changes football substantially for the worse and it's not necessarily paralel to other transfers by Barçamadrid. That said Neymar was a can of worms and "what goes around comes around", "karma is a bitch" & similar sayings may apply seamlessly.

I think the spanish face a dilemma. Real Madrid and Barcelona are great for the country, they generate revenue, tourism and publicity, but at the same time preferencial treatment ruins the competitiveness of the league and it´s ironic that makes the whole product less attractive to foreign viewers. It´s hard because I just don´t see Spain having 10 cities capable of supporting big teams in a continental and worldwide scale, like in England.

As a latin american, I´m sympathetic to the spanish football, but the fear I have is thatin the long-term Premier League will simply outgrow the rest of european football and in the process even Real and Barça will be outshadowed.

Archived