talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Enjoying the fact I don't even need to get the rod out with Liverpool fans because they just bait each other xD

It's not hard with some of these though Storts. They moan about us selling our best players but when we reject bids of over £100m they ignore that and moan about the goalkeeper xD

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not hard with some of these though Storts. They moan about us selling our best players but when we reject bids of over £100m they ignore that and moan about the goalkeeper xD

xD

Oh I know, it's a thoroughly enjoyable read at times though I assure you. In fairness I can see both sides of it - unfortunately the likes of City and United have caused unrealistic expectations for every other club.

• The title was changed to Barcelona Considering £138m Bid for Coutinho
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's a matter of fans opinion though Mike. Some people don't like Migs and Karius but how many times does Klopp have to say that he's more than happy with his goalkeepers? We aren't buying another mate (hence absolutely no links) whether you like it or not!

RE DM: Again, this has been done to death... Klopp doesn't play with a specific defensive midfielder, he's said as much himself. As much as us fans think we need one, Klopp doesn't! The only midfielder in any capacity we have been actively trying to sign is Keita... and he's not a DM!

CB... Yes we all know we need another, hence the summer long saga regarding VVD. It doesn't look like this will happen and it's amateurish that we haven't identified a back up option. I totally agree with you on this point and I've already said Klopp and his recruitment team are answerable for this. 

FOYM also mentioned TAA being back up to Clyne!?! Well (and I might be wrong here but...) maybe Klopp thinks TAA is perfectly adequate as Clynes back up? I know there's a lot of our match going fanbase that believe he'll be more than that in fact, that Clyne will actually have his work cut out getting his place back because TAA is that good. 

FOYM also mentioned LB. Well unless I'm mistaken Klopp has just bought a LB who I'm inclined to think he believes is a good player. If Robertsons debut is anything to go by then we are sorted in that position for years. If he needs resting or he's injured then we have Milner who is more than capable and then Moreno if we are desperate. 

We've also added a very good player in Salah and a very promising youngster in Solanke as well as keeping all our best players.

So.... out of all the moaning and groaning we are only actually short of a CB (in Klopps eyes, not the fans) and maybe a number 8 type midfielder (Keita). 

This is where my 'you're so dramatic' comes into it because stamping your feet saying shit like "it's a fucking sham" and "we've stood fucking still" and "horrendous fucking window" is exactly that, 'dramatic'. 

Yes we've not had a great window so far and yes it could have been better but saying we've stood still, or been horrendous and that we are a sham is quite frankly complete and utter bollocks mate. 

I think if we get a CB that is better than Lovren then we'll have had a sound if not uninspiring transfer window at the worst. 

Remember, you and FOYM thinking we need another GK, another RB, another LB and a DM is your own personal opinion, but it's not Klopps. 

I think people have every right to question the manager and those above him when our defensive problems stretch back years (since Benitez went). You won't go anywhere or win anything without a good defensive spine. 

36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think people have every right to question the manager and those above him when our defensive problems stretch back years (since Benitez went). You won't go anywhere or win anything without a good defensive spine. 

Where have I said people haven't got a right to question the manager? I have questioned the manager, countless times. You two just choose to ignore it though. 

Those above him? 

Do you think during the past 4 transfer windows that Klopp has had, the owners have been saying "thou shall not strengthen the defence"? Of course not, that's just stupid. 

If (in your opinion) the defence isn't good enough then it's 100% down to the manager and his recruitment team for not strengthening it sufficiently. Some people don't actually think it's the personnel by the way. Some people think it wouldn't matter if we had Maldini, Hansen, Alves & Roberto Carlos as our back 4 because it's a systematic problem, but that's another debate entirely.  

*edit* Moreno starts tonight ahead of Milner & Robertson #themanagerschoice

FSG has given us serious financial backing. And the way they're handling Barca with this Coutinho shite is us finally trying to hang on to our best players again, which we haven't been able to do in years. Usually their heads get turned and they're off. I think where FSG have failed is in the team of people they've got on recruitment - but some of the time we've missed out on targets because we weren't willing to spend as much as clubs with richer owners and CL money when we did not have CL money. This summer I think our biggest failure was the amateur hour shite in our pursuit of VVD & not having any real backups to the two very expensive top targets we went after.

I also don't think it was realistic to expect us to sign a keeper. I think Klopp still has faith in Karius's potential and we've also got Ward, who we were not willing to sell to Huddersfield after his successful loan there (we were willing to loan him out to them again though). I don't think Mignolet is good enough long term, but at least he was nowhere as wank as he was before we brought Karius in. So at very least the competition seems to have done him well. I've heard a lot of good about Ward, I would honestly not mind him getting a shot in the League Cup.

Back on topic, Barca are a bunch of cunts for their last 2 bids being when we have a match.

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where have I said people haven't got a right to question the manager? I have questioned the manager, countless times. You two just choose to ignore it though. 

Those above him? 

Do you think during the past 4 transfer windows that Klopp has had, the owners have been saying "thou shall not strengthen the defence"? Of course not, that's just stupid. 

If (in your opinion) the defence isn't good enough then it's 100% down to the manager and his recruitment team for not strengthening it sufficiently. Some people don't actually think it's the personnel by the way. Some people think it wouldn't matter if we had Maldini, Hansen, Alves & Roberto Carlos as our back 4 because it's a systematic problem, but that's another debate entirely.  

*edit* Moreno starts tonight ahead of Milner & Robertson #themanagerschoice

You said 'I'm inclined to believe he knows what he's doing' which read to me as you can't question the manager.

You think I'm talking about Henry and Werner when I talk about those above him? Well, it stems from the way they want things running of course, but I'm talking about people directly involved day to day that have been put there by them. Some of them are part of that recruitment team. Not being able to strengthen certain areas has been down too poor recruitment because of the profile of player they're looking for. I agree it's partly a systematic issue but much better players in two or three positions would make a huge difference to this side.

Of course, if things start to go wrong the manager will take the flak and pay with his job like Dalglish and Rodgers before him but if you think our poor recruitment is solely a manager issue then I can't help you. The manager is just a human shield for the hedge fund

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If anyone, Barca should be after Mane

They are both absolute quality but what separates them at the moment is consistency. Mane just refuses to have a bad game. Even when not at his best he's still an absolute nightmare for defenders. 

Klopps best buy comfortably. 

We are looking very good attack wise in general. Imagine trying to defend against Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge? 

Just need a CB and I think we are gold. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

They are both absolute quality but what separates them at the moment is consistency. Mane just refuses to have a bad game. Even when not at his best he's still an absolute nightmare for defenders. 

We are looking very good attack wise in general. Imagine trying to defend against Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge? 

Mane would be better suited at LW than Dembele 

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

and a keeper. Mignolet is bottom half worthy. Klopp may see Karius as the long term play but if so why not sign another potential #1 To replace the guy  (migs) we know will never be a top half worthy keeper? 

So I make a post about our attacking talent and you come out with that?

Why fucking moan all the time? Jesus Christ you suicidal cunts xD

Cant you just be positive about the team, just once? 

This forum and the Liverpool fans on it is like a halfway house for the last chance saloon. 

Fucking brighten up you dicks. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This forum and the Liverpool fans on it is like a halfway house for the last chance saloon. 

Mate, they see the outlook at Liverpool different to the way you see it. They can't force you to see things in such an negative light but at the same time they feel more can and should be done.

The only reason I say this is because the same partition between fans exists at Arsenal and I understand the sentiments that are in play here. 

57 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You just seem to overrate certain aspects of the team/club. One centre half and we're not 'gold', unless you have a ceiling on your expectations. We're great going forward at times but there's loads of work to do defensively if we're to become a side that challenges regularly and becomes a regular fixture in the Champions League.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

You aren't half annoying. Completely ignore valid points all the time and just call us whinges. It's great for you that you see no issues with this squad, but some of us have higher hopes and expectations. 

Just now, FOYM said:

You aren't half annoying. Completely ignore valid points all the time and just call us whinges. It's great for you that you see no issues with this squad, but some of us have higher hopes and expectations. 

Because I was making a point about our attacking options! That's what I was talking about. 

What the fuck does Mignolet have to do with our attacking options?

Fuck me, you can't even have a discussion on here about anything positive without you lot putting a fucking dampener on it. 

Heres how it went: 

"Our attacking options are great, imagine having to defend against Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana"

Response:

"Yes but Migs is fucking wank"

Fuck sake it's like a fucking morgue. 

52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh that one was definitely coming xD

;)

Seriously though mate... All of this is just another of the great things about football. Discussion and sometimes light argument doesn't just occur between rival fans. It has forever been universal even amongst same club fans. There's a part in Nick Hornby's book, Fever Pitch where he says when he was a kid he didn't get why Arsenal fans argued so much amongst themselves. xD

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

;)

Seriously though mate... All of this is just another of the great things about football. Discussion and sometimes light argument doesn't just occur between rival fans. It has forever been universal even amongst same club fans. There's a part in Nick Hornby's book, Fever Pitch where he says when he was a kid he didn't get why Arsenal fans argued so much amongst themselves. xD

I know it happens mate and to a certain extent it's healthy to have differing opinions. But it's getting to the point on here (with a certain few) where you can't even have any type of discussion Liverpool related without them repeating the same old shite, whether it's relevant to the discussion or not. 

They constantly moan about the same things over and over again yet when there's anything positive happening you don't see hind nor hare of them. 

Seriously, I don't know why they bother xD

It's you who brings it up more than anybody else. Funnily enough, I can't be arsed justifying myself to you all the time. We obviousky disagree about things, so how about give it a break going off on one about it...

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't get you at all mate. Amending your suggestion that "all we need is a CB" to add in a GK  makes me a totally freaking out negative cunt?

surely you can see that is a perfectly reasonable comment to make. You've lost all sense of balance on the views of other fans at the moment and are making out you are the lone fan on here with a bit of balance. 

Actually it's more like your sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" within 2 seconds of any of the rest of us starting to speak and then reply to it with "well i trust klopps judgement over yours".

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't get you at all mate. Amending your suggestion that "all we need is a CB" to add in a GK  makes me a totally freaking out negative cunt?

surely you can see that is a perfectly reasonable comment to make. You've lost all sense of balance on the views of other fans at the moment and are making out you are the lone fan on here with a bit of balance. 

Actually it's more like your sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" within 2 seconds of any of the rest of us starting to speak and then reply to it with "well i trust klopps judgement over yours".

No mate, I'm just sick of going over the Mignolet topic over and over again. Look, we all know there are better goalkeepers, we all know that in an ideal world we'd get a world class stopper but Klopp rates him and that's that's. We aren't getting a new keeper mate and it doesn't matter how many times you all the beat the drum, it just ain't happening. 

I mean for crying out loud this is the Coutinho thread and seeing as it's looking like he's staying, I went on to list our attacking players and state how strong we look in that area of the pitch ..... Then you come on to state that Mignolet isn't good enough! I mean, WTF? 

So please, can we have just a few Liverpool related discussions on here without bringing fucking Simon Mignolet & Alberto Moreno into it? Just for a week or so maybe? 

No we can't, because it's those areas that are causing us constant, onging issues. As long as I've got a hole in my arse, Mignolet is not fit for where this club aspires to be. Neither is Lovren, neither is Moreno, neither is Klavan. Simple really.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived