talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

Suarez was contemplating suing the club during the Arsenal bid. So, Coutinho's behaviour, though bad, is not the worst. 

Anyways, when he comes back he will be accepted. I am just slightly amused by the predictable stories/apologies that are being leaked into the media by his camp.

And I am annoyed by the possibility of this development being used by the owners as a victory of sorts to make us fans forget about a bad transfer window.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, Liverpool's bids weren't big enough in today's transfer fee climate and that's why you haven't signed those primary targets. It's exactly the same issue Barcelona are trying to play while handling quite a large sum of money.

Why?

Because in both cases (as in all or most), clubs don't want to be done like kippers for quality players and players that mean alot to the club that has them under contract.

Liverpool's issues are the same as everyone's.... Shit board and crap negotiators. Why defend something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the sentiments you have for your club?

With VVD we probably could have bid enough, but we blatantly tapped him up and left a paper trail with texts to the player. Totally amateur, if we'd went through the agent like everyone else does it would have been fine and we would probably have him. Instead he's likely going to Chelsea. It's not really excusable. With Keita we have a player the club doesn't want to sell and are willing to wait until next year when he has a release clause to let him go. That's not our fault. One might ask why we don't have any plans b though...

I dont need to spin anything...this window has been a failure to build on from last season. We should have a plan B in the case of Van Dijk and Keita but we don't and cause of it we are going to end up with fuck all. Salah will be great, Robertson and Solanke will likely be good too but it fall very fucking short of expectations. 

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

I dont need to spin anything...this window has been a failure to build on from last season. We should have a plan B in the case of Van Dijk and Keita but we don't and cause of it we are going to end up with fuck all. Salah will be great, Robertson and Solanke will likely be good too but it fall very fucking short of expectations. 

That's basically what everyone's saying mate. Below expectations but not horrendous.  

Very fucking short of expectations is what I said. I do think it's been horrendous. Yes, we brought in a couple of good players but we still have gaps in our squad that haven't been touched. 

32 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Very fucking short of expectations is what I said. I do think it's been horrendous. Yes, we brought in a couple of good players but we still have gaps in our squad that haven't been touched. 

To be fair, I don't remember the last window where that wasn't true.

32 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I've admitted it's not been great, Klopp and his recruitment team need a kick up the arse for not having back up options to their first choice targets. Hardly horrendous though. Horrendous would be signing absolutely nobody whilst losing your best players, and we've done neither. 

Mignolet still number 1, Lovren still a starter, Klavan and Gomez as CB backup, Moreno and Robertson fighting for LB, an 18 with little experience as back up RB & no resilient DM. I'd say its a sham. Whether it's FSG, Klopp or the recruitment team who failed, it's still been a sham. We had the chance to properly build on 4th place but we haven't. We've near enough stood still.

2 hours ago, FOYM said:

Mignolet still number 1, Lovren still a starter, Klavan and Gomez as CB backup, Moreno and Robertson fighting for LB, an 18 with little experience as back up RB & no resilient DM. I'd say its a sham. Whether it's FSG, Klopp or the recruitment team who failed, it's still been a sham. We had the chance to properly build on 4th place but we haven't. We've near enough stood still.

You're so dramatic xD

8 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Talk of a 4th bid.  £101M upfront and £37M in adds on.  £20M more in upfront money, but I guess how realistic the add ons are determines if this a much better bid than the 3rd.  

It is a much better bid. It's an increase of £20m rather than the 5 or 6 they've been pissing about with before, and the add-ons (apparently) are linked to Champions League appearances rather than the hilarious prospect of Coutinho winning the Balon d'Or or Barcelona winning trophies in the near future. They must be getting desperate.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

It's not dramatic at all. How many windows have people been going on about the keeper, CB's, no DM etc for?

It's a matter of fans opinion though Mike. Some people don't like Migs and Karius but how many times does Klopp have to say that he's more than happy with his goalkeepers? We aren't buying another mate (hence absolutely no links) whether you like it or not!

RE DM: Again, this has been done to death... Klopp doesn't play with a specific defensive midfielder, he's said as much himself. As much as us fans think we need one, Klopp doesn't! The only midfielder in any capacity we have been actively trying to sign is Keita... and he's not a DM!

CB... Yes we all know we need another, hence the summer long saga regarding VVD. It doesn't look like this will happen and it's amateurish that we haven't identified a back up option. I totally agree with you on this point and I've already said Klopp and his recruitment team are answerable for this. 

FOYM also mentioned TAA being back up to Clyne!?! Well (and I might be wrong here but...) maybe Klopp thinks TAA is perfectly adequate as Clynes back up? I know there's a lot of our match going fanbase that believe he'll be more than that in fact, that Clyne will actually have his work cut out getting his place back because TAA is that good. 

FOYM also mentioned LB. Well unless I'm mistaken Klopp has just bought a LB who I'm inclined to think he believes is a good player. If Robertsons debut is anything to go by then we are sorted in that position for years. If he needs resting or he's injured then we have Milner who is more than capable and then Moreno if we are desperate. 

We've also added a very good player in Salah and a very promising youngster in Solanke as well as keeping all our best players.

So.... out of all the moaning and groaning we are only actually short of a CB (in Klopps eyes, not the fans) and maybe a number 8 type midfielder (Keita). 

This is where my 'you're so dramatic' comes into it because stamping your feet saying shit like "it's a fucking sham" and "we've stood fucking still" and "horrendous fucking window" is exactly that, 'dramatic'. 

Yes we've not had a great window so far and yes it could have been better but saying we've stood still, or been horrendous and that we are a sham is quite frankly complete and utter bollocks mate. 

I think if we get a CB that is better than Lovren then we'll have had a sound if not uninspiring transfer window at the worst. 

Remember, you and FOYM thinking we need another GK, another RB, another LB and a DM is your own personal opinion, but it's not Klopps. 

You're on about all these players as if they have improved ten fold over the summer. They're the same fucking players that JUST achieved 4th last season. So while all our rivals have improved greatly, we have not. 

You're saying about Klopp liking Mignolet, AA and not wanting a resilient midfielder but where is that going to get us? The same place it's got us for the last 4 years...nowhere. Klopp can be the best motivator of all time, but he can't raise the ceiling of talent some of our squad have, sooner or later he has to realise that our gk just isn't that fucking good. 

3 minutes ago, FOYM said:

You're on about all these players as if they have improved ten fold over the summer. They're the same fucking players that JUST achieved 4th last season. So while all our rivals have improved greatly, we have not. 

You're saying about Klopp liking Mignolet, AA and not wanting a resilient midfielder but where is that going to get us? The same place it's got us for the last 4 years...nowhere. Klopp can be the best motivator of all time, but he can't raise the ceiling of talent some of our squad have, sooner or later he has to realise that our gk just isn't that fucking good. 

Then this is an issue between you and the manager mate. I'm inclined to believe that he knows what he's doing. He has a track record of using youth players and turning them into world stars. Hes also proven at developing players and improving them season after season. He's also been extremely succesfull without using a DM in his system previously... but if you know better? 

Just now, FOYM said:

Mignolet to all of a sudden become the next Buffon then....best get a new contract sorted with a 100m release clause. 

Oh so now we've whittled it down to the GK, that's good. 

Weve now had a horrendous window because Migs is still between the sticks, fantastic. 

This is one you'll have to take up with Klopp mate. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Another bid? For fuck sake bored of this saga. Barcelona embarrassing themselves further with that deadline shite for the last bid then coming back in two days later.

Our reliables are saying that we have already told them any further bids will be ignored, even any up to £160m up front. 

Lets see. 

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

Yes clearly it's just the goalkeeper...

In Klopps eyes GK isn't a problem at all! I'd say signing another CB who's better than Lovren is more important. If we nail that then I think we are ok, not great, but ok. 

Klopp is renowned for this though. Slowly building whilst getting his top targets and ignoring alternatives in favour of developing what he's got. 

Let's see how it goes hey before wetting the bed 2 games into the season. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived