talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 34 Fixtures - 29th April-4th May, 2023

football forums

19 hours ago, Spike said:

Any fan that gets into that mindset of 'sell, sell, sell' especially concerning a younger player is delusional. Chelsea fans are doing this currently with players like Mount and Gallagher.

To be fair, Mount's contract is up in the air and Chelsea risk losing him on a free. Selling him is also pure profit on the books and Chelsea do need some income to balance out all the spending. Makes sense.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a story that we pulled out of any deal for Mount,  not that I think we were ever really in for him.  For me the potential relegation teams have some good low hanging fruit.  

Southampton:  Lavia, Salisu and James Ward Prowse.  Lavia has a buy back with City making it unlikely but I rate him and under Howe he could fit our need to a T.

Everton: Onana.  He is very raw but there is a player in him,  love his physical attributes and again a position we need.  

Leeds: Gnonto and Summerville,  two very high energy players let down in a team with a spongy defense.   If we let ASM go I think Gnonto could be worth a shot. 

Leicester: Maddison and I squint on Barnes. 

Forest: Nobody 

50 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I saw a story that we pulled out of any deal for Mount,  not that I think we were ever really in for him.  For me the potential relegation teams have some good low hanging fruit.  

Southampton:  Lavia, Salisu and James Ward Prowse.  Lavia has a buy back with City making it unlikely but I rate him and under Howe he could fit our need to a T.

Everton: Onana.  He is very raw but there is a player in him,  love his physical attributes and again a position we need.  

Leeds: Gnonto and Summerville,  two very high energy players let down in a team with a spongy defense.   If we let ASM go I think Gnonto could be worth a shot. 

Leicester: Maddison and I squint on Barnes. 

Forest: Nobody 

Forest have Awoniyi, who's young and I think has the potential to be better at a better side. Neco Williams too, always looked promising with us, I know he's not had the best of seasons at Forest... but Forest are generally crap, so I think many of their players look worse than they are. I think generally speaking, most sides that get relegated have some gems that are worth poaching from teams that have high aspirations. Some of our best value for money signings under Klopp were ones that came from sides that faced the drop - Andy Robertson in particular.

I know he's old now, but Vardy as a backup/rotation striker for a side needing a bit of depth up top... it's got to be tempting for some clubs having a veteran with his record available. I think Leicester will survive the relegation battle though.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've gone from mildly shitting it to very much shitting it. 

On the way to the ground now, this has progressed to absolutely bricking it xD

Thought United really played well yesterday, Casemiro was so tenacious, should have been booked early though and when that didn’t happen he was emboldened to snap into 50/50’s plus the surface was so slick we just couldn’t get going first half. Thought Buendia particularly looked off and we just couldn’t get Watkins in the game, much better second half but that was a much more solid tenacious United. 

Archived