football forum

Are you interested in the Coronation?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would rather watch paint dry

• Subscriber

Just curious, will anybody be bothered watching the Coronation tomorrow or give it a miss, I will give it a miss but with the wife a bit of a royalist I know she will watch it and I will just put my earpieces in and listen to music or watch a film on this laptop.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Poll added. 

They show it on almost every TV channel here. Personally I don't give a fuck, as I'm not interested in any of it. 

Thank's for adding the poll, I tried inserting it but no joy.

I could not give 2 shits about royalty, they get more publicity than sick people, political people are the same, walk around with big smiles on their faces, and yet they have millions in the bank and live in million + mansions.

I have always said that royalty should look after themselves and step back and just let us get on with it, I had respect for Princess Diana when she was alive and that's about it.

That time again, the Royal arselickers will be out in force. The millions who hated Charles for years and called him every name under the book. They all became his biggest fan after the Queen died and he was made King.

I won't be watching I have other things to keep me busy..

In all honesty in these recent times where people are struggling financially in just about every direction they look the last thing anyone really needs to see is a bloke waving to the poor peasants from the luxury of a horse drawn gold encrusted caravan... 

It will be on in my house, my mum and dad have been invited round by my wife.

I'm not interested though, I expect me and my dad will just talk in the kitchen and pop in now and again.

• Subscriber

I can remember the fire at Windsor Castle and they asked for donations for repair work which did not go down too well with the general public at the time and hardly anybody donated.

Who paid for the repairs to Windsor Castle after the fire

The True Story and History of the Windsor Castle Fire in 1992
Queen Elizabeth
The cost of the repairs was around £36.5 million.
The cost for repairs and restoration was met by charging the public for entry to Windsor Castle, and by opening Buckingham Palace for admission. In addition, Queen Elizabeth contributed £2 million of her own money, and she agreed to start paying income taxes.

The whole things a joke, 100 million the total cost.

Fair enough the tourism is a draw but the country is on its arse, inflation is souring and there are strikes left right and centre.

I will be going to London tomorrow, but only because my mum and a couple of other family members had organised the day out. I'm personally not hugely interested in the Royal Family, but some of my family members are royalists and it kind of doesn't help to be too anti-royal when one of my uncle's used to be a Royal Correspondent. Similar to what John said, I used to have respect for Diana when I was a child, I also admired the Queen to a certain extent. But I really do not have too much time for other members of the family, especially Andrew.

I also quite dislike Camilla, people seem to forget that she was a significant reason for the troubles that Diana and Charles had during their marriage. Camilla was hated for a long time after Diana's death, but with the help of a PR Campaign, Camilla slowly became more popular, especially after she married Charles in 2005. But I am not a fan of her or Andrew for obvious reasons. Charles clearly isn't an angel either. The whole family are filthy rich, and I just think sometimes about how their wealth could benefit so many others in this country.

The history of the Royals on this island, is very intriguing to read about, and the tourism that they are said to attract is beneficial. But honestly, if we got rid of our monarchy, there would still be loads of tourists coming to view the various royal palaces and residences. So I don't think it would have much of a detrimental effect at all on the tourism industry in this country if they were gotten rid of.

I am not interested but I am also not upset by it. The royal family are a curiosity, a human zoo, a link that connects the present to the past. They are freaks to be gawked at.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fireman Sam on Channel 5.

Good old days when our grandsons were here 3-4 years old, Fireman Sam, Bob The Builder, and my favorite, Thomas The Tank Engine, I would watch them anytime than the Coronation. xD

59 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Good old days when our grandsons were here 3-4 years old, Fireman Sam, Bob The Builder, and my favorite, Thomas The Tank Engine, I would watch them anytime than the Coronation. xD

Loved Thomas the Tank Engine when I was a kid. Never watched Fireman Sam and Bob the Builder was in my teens when it first came out.

• Subscriber

I was going to have a wee drink last night and hopefully watch a film on Netflix but the wife wanted to watch the concert for bloody Charlie and his queen so I ended up in bed reading a book and left the wife to it. :coffee:

• Administrator

Very indifferent about it. Not a fan of Camilla and don't really see the warmth in Charles compared to that of Queen Elizabeth. Maybe there's the thought in the back of the mind that we won't see the legacy that Queen Elizabeth II had because of how old Charles is. In saying that, there is the positive of the tourism and money it brings in.  

I don't not care, but I also didn't really pay much attention to it. They had a shit load of coverage in it in France which I found weird. 

Archived