Wednesday 17th May, 2023
Middlesbrough 0-1 Coventry, 20.00

FINAL
Saturday 27th May, 2023

Coventry vs Luton, 16.45

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping for Coventry to win tomorrow. Should make for a good play off final between two clubs who've had their fair share of shit in recent times, with Luton in the conference 10 years ago and Coventry with well documented ownership and ground issues, as well as relegation to League Two within the last 7 or so years.

Good on Luton.

This is first set of playoffs in a very long time where I'd be happy for whatever team wins it. It's refreshing to see the normal culprits missed out (Watford, West Brom, Norwich). That said, if I had to choose two teams for the final it would be Coventry and Luton just based on how much rubbish their fans have had to put up with over the past 10+ years. One of those teams is going to Wembley, now its over to Coventry this evening.

Really hope Coventry do it. Robins has done an absolute unreal job, he really has. Where he took them from, to where they are at now, no one would have called this.

They were actually bottom of the table after 7 games. But Robins kept things calm whilst everything off the pitch was going berserk.

I get the "It would be funny to see City go to Kenilworth Road" conversation but that soon wears thin a few games in, just as it did with Blackpool.

It'd be great to see Coventry back. They will travel in their thousands to Wembley too, bigger support than some realise.

Really looking forward to the final tomorrow. It's just different isn't it to what we've been used to down the years, a final you'd never have predicted or seen coming.

Both have fitting dramatic stories from where they've come from to get to this point. Neither are really dislikeable (unless you are local rivals to them) and in terms of ability, despite Luton finishing ahead of Coventry, it feels like a really 50/50 game, not much between them, no heavy favourite. 

Sky Blue one end v Orange the other, both ends look to be sold out so the atmosphere in the hot sunshine should be great.

I've back Coventry about four games out from the playoffs when it started to appear they had a real chance to get in and I'm going to stick with them.

Mark Robins has done absolute wonders for that club, massively overachieved and he's done it all whilst having to contest all the off field issues and having to give up 4 or 5 home games at the start of the season. Remember, they were bottom after 7 games.

If Luton do it, I won't be gutted, you can't not be pleased for them given the way they have developed year upon year and came close last season. 

But my soft spot is more towards Coventry.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived