talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ruben Neves - Al-Hilal Agree £47m Fee for Wolves Midfielder

football forum

Wolverhampton Wanderers captain Ruben Neves says he wants to play in the Champions League amid uncertainty around his future with the club.

The 26-year-old's contract expires at the end of next season.

"Nothing has happened yet but it's a hard decision to make because I love it here, me and family feel at home," he said after Wolves drew against Everton.

The Portugal midfielder has made 251 appearances during six seasons at Molineux.

"Let's see what's going to happen. I always say the same thing, I truly love to be here. But I never hide that I want to play Champions League football," Neves told Sky Sports.

"In football you need to go for your main goals and that will be a massive decision for me and my family."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Arsenal need a CM. Think he'd be a good fit there, especially with Xhaka leaving.

Unless he has his eyes on a move abroad and not a PL club.

Barcelona are reportedly set to secure the signing of Wolves captain Ruben Neves.

Xavi is eager to make additions to his squad and Neves has been heavily linked with a departure from Molineux.

According to Spanish outlet AS, an agreement has been reached between all parties over a transfer and a deal could happen for £26m.

• The title was changed to Barcelona Set to Sign Ruben Neves
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Ruben Neves - Barcelona Move Scuppered; Fati Refuses to Join Wolves
8 hours ago, Danny said:

There are the two biggest clubs in Europe, Real Madrid and Barce, and then there’s everyone else. No sane person would want to leave either for any side in Europe.

In a Frenkie De Jong's case they asked him to defer wages, owed him 14 million euros, and then asked him to cut his salary in half so they can spend money on new players. So I'd argue the sane thing to do would be to flip them the bird and go down the Gareth Bale route of 'County, Golf, Club'.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Fati is not even a starter so his snub is strange. 

Only due to injury. 

Let's be honest, you'd rather stay and fight for your place in Barcelona's side than play for Wolves. It's not that strange. 

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

In a Frenkie De Jong's case they asked him to defer wages, owed him 14 million euros, and then asked him to cut his salary in half so they can spend money on new players. So I'd argue the sane thing to do would be to flip them the bird and go down the Gareth Bale route of 'County, Golf, Club'.

Yeah the current board at Barce are nuts, they were (and maybe still are) going to fire people from jobs, in Barce TV for example, which apparently is one of the reasons Messi was put off rejoining as he didn’t want to contribute to normal people losing work

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Only due to injury. 

Let's be honest, you'd rather stay and fight for your place in Barcelona's side than play for Wolves. It's not that strange. 

fati takes injury problems to a new extreme.  he is not the same player he was 3 years ago and after 4 major knee surgeries he may never reach that level again.   

wolves would have given him more chance to play while at Barcelona he is down the pecking order.

• The title was changed to Ruben Neves - Al-Hilal Agree £47m Fee for Wolves Midfielder
On 14/06/2023 at 14:55, OrangeKhrush said:

fati takes injury problems to a new extreme.  he is not the same player he was 3 years ago and after 4 major knee surgeries he may never reach that level again.   

wolves would have given him more chance to play while at Barcelona he is down the pecking order.

He's only 20. He also didn't get injured all last season, which is a good sign, and he actually played more minutes than ever.

It's been a tough season for him, but it makes no sense to give up on him yet. He showed flashes of his best at times last season, is young and from the youth system and scored 3 goals in his last game and a half.

After such injuries, it's always going to take a player a while to get back into their rhythm. Not to mention, it'll affect them mentally, always worrying about receiving another injury. Hopefully he can put that behind him now, have a solid preseason and shut people up next season.

He’ll be there one season before begging to return to proper football. 

It’s a shame to see some of these top players moving to that nothing league, but you can’t blame them for that sort of money. 

Archived