talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

football forum

The press conference must have been a real shit show. He said it was a peck, and not a kiss and attacked "fake feminism" and threatened to sue members of the Spanish government. That prick is so out of touch with reality. 

• Administrator

Valencia statement. Need more clubs, especially Spanish, to do this. 

We are saddened by the lack of self-criticism, humility, and humanity in the explanations that Luis Rubiales gave this Friday before the Assembly members. His behavior at the women’s World Cup final held in Australia and at the Extraordinary Assembly has been inappropriate for his position in such a prestigious organization that represents all of us who make up the Spanish football family.

Valencia CF wishes to show our support for Jennifer Hermoso and all the players of the Spanish women's national team, and regret that such an incident has stolen all the focus from the team after their historic achievement in the Women's World Cup. 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2023 at 04:37, Mel81x said:

Sad news 

Now this is very sad. It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, but to then get that news at the full-time whistle, must have made her distraught. There's no news as to how he died, but I just hope it wasn't a heart attack, having watched his daughter score the winning goal. Her goal has gone down in Spanish football history, but the news of her father passing away is a really sad event in her life. Lets hope she has strong family support around her.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He must know where the skeletons are in that organisation

I thought similar. I imagine they have friends even higher up that they can coerce and influence (or pay off). 

• Subscriber

Just bypass the RFEF and go straight to the world governing body with the grievance ... oh wait. What's happening to those women is horrible and its only getting worse because the RFEF have something to hide. If you're FIFA you want to stay far away from this mess but I think they are involved in this as well (not directly at the level being discussed but somewhere around there).

I know very little on this other than the two clips I've seen online. Firstly the kiss, whilst I fully appreciate he shouldn't be kissing the female player without her consent.

That said it was a moment of absolute joy shared with the tailswomen of the team. It was a spontaneous moment which at the time I doubt if he had a single thought it would be blown up into this world story.

The grab of his balls was bizarre though, it certainly wasn't befitting of the company he was keeping on that balcony and given the size of the story on this he should step down from his position.

If I'm missing something he's done previously then fair enough I'm wrong but destroying a man for a celebratory kiss in the moment is just wrong. He's being hung out to dry like a sexual preditor and just feels well over the top to me.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

I know very little on this other than the two clips I've seen online. Firstly the kiss, whilst I fully appreciate he shouldn't be kissing the female player without her consent.

That said it was a moment of absolute joy shared with the tailswomen of the team. It was a spontaneous moment which at the time I doubt if he had a single thought it would be blown up into this world story.

The grab of his balls was bizarre though, it certainly wasn't befitting of the company he was keeping on that balcony and given the size of the story on this he should step down from his position.

If I'm missing something he's done previously then fair enough I'm wrong but destroying a man for a celebratory kiss in the moment is just wrong. He's being hung out to dry like a sexual preditor and just feels well over the top to me.

The second sentence of yours is all that is needed, really. He kissed her without consent, spontaneous joy-filled moment or not. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

The second sentence of yours is all that is needed, really. He kissed her without consent, spontaneous joy-filled moment or not. 

Trying to control Spontaneity is like trying to control Accidents... You can do your best to try and avoid it but it's going to happen sooner or later... It's just the nature of it..   

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Trying to control Spontaneity is like trying to control Accidents... You can do your best to try and avoid it but it's going to happen sooner or later... It's just the nature of it..   

If that's the nature to act like that though as your first option, to kiss someone on the lips without consent, then that says more about the person than the one they're trying to kiss. And doesn't make it right. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I would have loved him doing that if the men had won the WC and someone like Keane, Ramos or any other nutter of many got the kiss, the headlines would have read....

LUIS RUBIALES GETS A KICKING FOR PLANTING A KISS ON......:rofl:

Being honest though this has turned into a media shit show, from Rubiales being the baddie and now the lady in question, Jenni Hermoso's being a baddie, I bet there are some now wishing Spain had never won the WWC. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

If that's the nature to act like that though as your first option,

Again it's spontaneous... There is no thought process to Spontaneity it's just something that happens in the moment, You can't control that anymore than you can control the direction of the wind... 

Edited by Bluewolf

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I kiss people at Christmas all time without consent and that's acceptable. It maybe would be weird if I lips kissed them but it still happens.

I'm not defending the guy as he's clearly abused his position previously, I just think the kiss has been blown out of proportion. If he'd grabbed her arse or held her beyond what was comfortable then I'd be appalled.

Is this a possibility the women as using this situation to finally nail him for previous stuff?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

I kiss people at Christmas all time without consent and that's acceptable. It maybe would be weird if I lips kissed them but it still happens.

I'm not defending the guy as he's clearly abused his position previously, I just think the kiss has been blown out of proportion. If he'd grabbed her arse or held her beyond what was comfortable then I'd be appalled.

Is this a possibility the women as using this situation to finally nail him for previous stuff?

I don't think it has been blown out of proportion.

It's out of place and just isn't appropriate. In a workplace it'd be construed as gross misconduct and you'd be out the door quicker than you can say world cup winners. 

You do it at Christmas because it's a friendly environment most likely. But you stop yourself at lipsing them don't you, because you know there are boundaries? Rubiales has overstepped the boundaries, no? 

• The topic was unpinned