talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa Conference League FINAL - Fiorentina vs West Ham - Wednesday 7th June, 2023

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Venue - Fortuna Arena, Prague

Live on BT Sport

1200px-2022_ACF_Fiorentina_logo.svg.png        VS      1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

REFEREE - Carlos del Cerro Grande
VAR - Juan Martinez Munuera

FIORENTINA - Road to Prague
Qualifying Phase (1st Leg) - Fiorentina 2-1 Twente
Qualifying Phase (2nd Leg) - Twente 0-0 Fiorentina
Group Stage - 2nd
Knockout Round Play-offs (1st Leg) - Braga 0-4 Fiorentina
Knockout Round Play-offs (2nd Leg) - Fiorentina 3-2 Braga
Round of 16 (1st Leg) - Fiorentina 1-0 Sivasspor
Round of 16 (2nd Leg) - Sivasspor 1-4 Fiorentina
Quarter-Finals (1st Leg) - Lech Poznan 1-4 Fiorentina
Quarter-Finals (2nd Leg) - Fiorentina 2-3 Lech Poznan
Semi-Finals (1st Leg) - Fiorentina 1-2 Basel
Semi-Finals (2nd Leg) - Basel 1-3 (aet) Fiorentina 

Top Scorer - Arthur Cabral - 7

West Ham - Road to Prague
Group Stage - 1st

Round of 16 (1st Leg) - AEK Larnaca 0-2 West Ham
Round of 16 (2nd Leg) - West Ham 4-0 AEK Larnaca
Quarter-Finals (1st Leg) - Gent 1-1 West Ham
Quarter-Finals (2nd Leg) - West Ham 4-1 Gent
Semi-Finals (1st Leg) - West Ham 2-1 AZ Alkmaar
Semi-Finals (2nd Leg) - AZ Alkmaar 0-1 West Ham

Top Scorer - Michail Antonio - 6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

People who turn their nose up at these minor European competitions just aren't football fans in the way that I understand. Of course you'd be disappointed to qualify for this one or the Europa League instead of the Champions League but people who are like nah if we can't get top four I don't want Europe at all are mystifying.

West Ham are off to Prague to play against a big Italian club with a chance of capping their season with a piece of silverware. You can't pick and choose these situations when Man City dominate so much domestically and the same set of clubs dominate the elite European qualifying spots and latter stages every season.

Anyone who thinks these tournaments should be scrapped or would rather miss out on Europe because it gives them a marginally better chance of scraping a 4th place domestically the next season at the expense of seeing their team play all over Europe, getting to watch an extra dozen or so football matches a season and having a chance to see them win a trophy like this... I didn't understand it when it was only the Europa League and I don't understand it with this competition either. West Ham fans will have had the time of their lives with this.

• Subscriber

My old man was a Hammers supporter so I would love West Ham to win this just for him, he is more than likely up there looking down with a roll up drum cigarette in his mouth, dressed in his West Ham kit and blowing bubbles while supping a beer.

Hammers 3-1 praying.gif

I am hoping West Ham win in Prague this evening. They lost out in the semi-finals of the Europa League last season to Frankfurt. So it would be nice to see them win this year, especially after the demanding season they have had.

I think something strange must happen with gravity around football players that does not happen in other sports.. As soon as they are touched no matter where it is they crumple to the floor straight away.. 

On 06/06/2023 at 09:35, RandoEFC said:

People who turn their nose up at these minor European competitions just aren't football fans in the way that I understand. Of course you'd be disappointed to qualify for this one or the Europa League instead of the Champions League but people who are like nah if we can't get top four I don't want Europe at all are mystifying.

West Ham are off to Prague to play against a big Italian club with a chance of capping their season with a piece of silverware. You can't pick and choose these situations when Man City dominate so much domestically and the same set of clubs dominate the elite European qualifying spots and latter stages every season.

Anyone who thinks these tournaments should be scrapped or would rather miss out on Europe because it gives them a marginally better chance of scraping a 4th place domestically the next season at the expense of seeing their team play all over Europe, getting to watch an extra dozen or so football matches a season and having a chance to see them win a trophy like this... I didn't understand it when it was only the Europa League and I don't understand it with this competition either. West Ham fans will have had the time of their lives with this.

Typical elitist football fan mentally these days unfortunately. If you don't get top 4 (even after spending half a billion on players), you might as well not bother these days.

Pathetic really.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived