talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romeo Lavia - Midfielder Signs for Chelsea

Surely if you are Lavia, you are choosing Liverpool? 

He walks into their team, where as I'm not sure that happens at Chelsea with so many bodies there, not to mention, they are just signing a bloke for £115m who plays in a similar position to him.

Liverpool have no one like Lavia. He will absolutely come on leaps and bounds playing first team Football there.

• The title was changed to Romeo Lavia - Liverpool £60m Bid Accepted

:4_joy:

He'll be a Liverpool player. Lavia imo was collateral in case we lost out on Caicedo. This whole 'he prefers Chelsea' I find it hard to believe, but again the player has a good relationship with Joe Shields so anything is possible. 

Lavia more polished than Santos and Ugochukwu but ability wise I wouldn't say they are far off. Keep Gallagher, have one of Santos/Ugochukwu (preferably the latter) stay and the other on loan. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Cant believe no prem teams have come in for Laporte, he wouldn't even have to move house :4_joy: 

I don’t think it’s easy for other teams in the league to sign from you, unless it’s a free transfer or the player really really wants to move. Because we’d have to match your wages basically. I can’t see that happening unless we don’t need to pay anything.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think it’s easy for other teams in the league to sign from you, unless it’s a free transfer or the player really really wants to move. Because we’d have to match your wages basically. I can’t see that happening unless we don’t need to pay anything.

He's not on mega wages mate, only a few are, he's on 120k a week

Ridiculously inept from our new look transfer department. The other signings we only were able to land by triggering a release clause. The Caceido/Lavia saga just makes the new DOF look like a fucking moron tbh.

Hopefully they can quickly identify some decent players that have release clauses because fuck me, what a waste of two weeks from them.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah the worst thing about it for Liverpool is not only did they waste the entire summer in getting a DM, but they've now showed their hand. 

Every club in the world now knows you have £110m to spend on a single position. 

It blows my mind that we've needed midfield reinforcements for 2-3 years... we only now start to get serious about reinforcing the midfield (but only after clearing out most of our experienced players) and we manage to fuck things up so badly. I think it really reiterates how poorly run we've been in the last few years, honestly even since winning the CL. We may have won the league after that, but we really just rested on our laurels and didn't focus on making constant improvements.

Now we've got to spend a shitload for our 3rd or 4th choice DM. And we're basically walking into having the same problem pop back up next season but for our defense. It's just very poor and the lack of foresight is a pretty stark contrast from how well we were run 4 years ago.

• The title was changed to Romeo Lavia - Midfielder Signs for Chelsea