talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku - Moves to Roma on Loan

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Let’s see how he handles this. He’s gone on and on about loving Inter and wanting to be there, even said that he wants to finish there at some point. 

He's kissed the badge every club he's been at and the whole Stamford Bridge stadium tour visit still makes me cringe. 

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku Waiting on Inter Milan Return
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He'd be liable for compensation if he does so. Glad the club is showing some backbone in this given they have the financial muscle to let him rot in the reserves if they wish. 

How dare you. Your lot are destroying his hopes and dreams and holding him back from true greatness. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku - Now Discussing Move with Juventus

If he does go to Juventus, I'll lose any bit of sympathy I had for him when they racially abused him last season.

You just wouldn't do it would you. Why go somewhere that treated you like that and, dare I say, tolerates that abuse. It'll never be a relationship that last's long.

He should just go to Saudi with the others, collect his paycheck and put his feet up. It's probably his level work rate wise.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku - Roma in Talks With Chelsea For Loan Deal
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't want him at Roma because they just got Azmoun :( 

Hate to say but Azmoun wouldn't be good enough for them to start every game. With Abraham out for ages they definitely need some depth and quality. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hate to say but Azmoun wouldn't be good enough for them to start every game. With Abraham out for ages they definitely need some depth and quality. 

Azmoun's also out for 2 months I'm fairly certain. I think Azmoun's been a victim of his first coach at Leverkusen thinking he was an attacking midfielder (for some reason) and his injuries he's had in Germany - I think there's a good player in there, it's not that long ago he was looking way too good for the Russian league (which is admittedly not as good as Germany or Italy's top flight)... and I think he's a better player than Mehdi Taremi, who looks brilliant at Porto (although he's one of the worst divers I've ever seen).

I think Azmoun'll do well in Italy under Mourinho tbh. When used correctly, he's a bit like a poor mans Ibra. But obviously Serie A defenses, like Bundesliga defenses, are going to be tougher than Russian teams & especially the Asian teams he's up against when he's playing internationally.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Azmoun's also out for 2 months I'm fairly certain. I think Azmoun's been a victim of his first coach at Leverkusen thinking he was an attacking midfielder (for some reason) and his injuries he's had in Germany - I think there's a good player in there, it's not that long ago he was looking way too good for the Russian league (which is admittedly not as good as Germany or Italy's top flight)... and I think he's a better player than Mehdi Taremi, who looks brilliant at Porto (although he's one of the worst divers I've ever seen).

I think Azmoun'll do well in Italy under Mourinho tbh. When used correctly, he's a bit like a poor mans Ibra. But obviously Serie A defenses, like Bundesliga defenses, are going to be tougher than Russian teams & especially the Asian teams he's up against when he's playing internationally.

Yeah I think he'll do fine too as he's got the physicality and is clearly a good finisher. But like you say, has to be used correctly. Much like Lukaku. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

Belotti looked good on the opening day, not sure how much Lukaku plays if he keeps performing like that

I think given Lukaku's record in Italy, if Roma get him they'll probably find a way to keep him on the pitch as much as possible.

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku - Moves to Roma on Loan