talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel Farke - New Leeds Manager

football forum

3 hours ago, Coma said:

A small taste of that EPL money every other season is enough to sustain a lot of clubs.

Unfortunately. The risk averse nature of the football club owner. The consequence of a game whose value has gone far too high.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Statistically must be one of the worst Premier League managers of all time?

Is it 5 wins in 48 games? A 10% win ratio

One of the five the last away game I was able to go to for 18 months. That was a horrible night, I thought they'd stay up after that and they didn't even get a single point afterwards, and the game was in February xD

9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Think you'll keep Gnonto, or is that a big ask?

He always looked decent when I saw him and think he has a big future ahead of him.

Big ask IMO.

I think a season would do him great here but the problem is, he's proved he can do it at PL level already and at such a young age, clubs are going to try and nab him for peanuts.

Since I've supported Leeds, we've never been strong willed in keeping players, we always buckle and get less than we should for our talent so I fully expect him to go for a budget fee.

By all accounts the club really want to keep him so we'll see what happens. Would be gutting to lose him, Harrison and Summerville. Surely we'll keep one.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

One thing Farke knows is how to storm this division, and in fairness to him Norwich rarely spent in the Prem, the last season in particular he was done over with transfers.

Were they?

These were the  summer signings in 2021...

image.png

2021 was the summer Norwich sold Buendia to Villa for near £40m (part of the Grealish money)

Fairly sure many Norwich fans were outraged & neutrals confused by a relegation type sale, by a newly promoted side.

Others who perhaps do not rate Buendia could argue his £40m paid for the top 4 signings. So overall Norwich just made a worse recruitment effort than Villa & a few other clubs.

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

Were they?

These were the  summer signings in 2021...

image.png

Skipp was a massive loss and Buendia going without anywhere near an adequate replacement meant that they instantly lost Premier League quality players. They weren’t replaced well and certainly having to spend £10m per player to build a wider squad isn’t enough backing.

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

Big ask IMO.

I think a season would do him great here but the problem is, he's proved he can do it at PL level already and at such a young age, clubs are going to try and nab him for peanuts.

Since I've supported Leeds, we've never been strong willed in keeping players, we always buckle and get less than we should for our talent so I fully expect him to go for a budget fee.

By all accounts the club really want to keep him so we'll see what happens. Would be gutting to lose him, Harrison and Summerville. Surely we'll keep one.

Fair enough. He looks far too good for the Championship and agree that he'll likely be elsewhere this summer.

I'll be glad as well as he tore us a new one in our replay and fear our defence against him.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

Dross.  Rashica was OK on his day but Norwich were robbed paying 11m for him.

Maybe, but the argument that he wasn't backed isn't true. Plenty of money spent there.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe, but the argument that he wasn't backed isn't true. Plenty of money spent there.

Well I guess the debate is the definition of "backed".  Did they spend money for him?  Yes.  Was it his fault that they bought dross?  No.  

Maybe you know better than I... did he have a big say in those signings or were those Webber signings?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

If we come back up and sell our best player for £40m, then only spend £60m to reinforce the team at a higher level, I'd be worried.

I wouldn't say that's backing the manager fully to be honest. It's like letting him ride a bike with stabilisers. Norwich always ran themselves with the view if they went down, they would be in a comfortable shape to go back up and they've always been content with that 'Yo-yo' term.

But if we do come up with Farke, not only would he be backed, but I'd say we're a bigger pull than Norwich so could attract better calibre players.

So he'd have no excuses if he failed then.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Coma said:

Well I guess the debate is the definition of "backed".  Did they spend money for him?  Yes.  Was it his fault that they bought dross?  No.  

Maybe you know better than I... did he have a big say in those signings or were those Webber signings?

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If we come back up and sell our best player for £40m, then only spend £60m to reinforce the team at a higher level, I'd be worried.

I wouldn't say that's backing the manager fully to be honest. It's like letting him ride a bike with stabilisers. Norwich always ran themselves with the view if they went down, they would be in a comfortable shape to go back up and they've always been content with that 'Yo-yo' term.

But if we do come up with Farke, not only would he be backed, but I'd say we're a bigger pull than Norwich so could attract better calibre players.

So he'd have no excuses if he failed then.

It's semantics, then. 

The quality of the signings was poor. But I mean backed financially. It's not like he could only make 1 or 2 signings. 

Archived