Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Football League 2017/18 - 15-16th August


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that there was a rule that you couldn't show live Football that wasn't a Champions League game? Sky haven't had the Champions League for a couple of years now and when there's games on alongside Championship games, the Championship games aren't shown live, you just get highlights of the goals on Sky Sports News. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I thought that there was a rule that you couldn't show live Football that wasn't a Champions League game? Sky haven't had the Champions League for a couple of years now and when there's games on alongside Championship games, the Championship games aren't shown live, you just get highlights of the goals on Sky Sports News. 

 

Yeah - that's what I thought as well. Pretty sure that is the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be good to get three points under our belts but the game will be more than just 3 points, there will be an announcement on the changes to Lionel Road in the programme and by all accounts the changes aren't positive otherwise the club wouldn't release them on a Tuesday night.

It sounds like Smith is going to change the team up or at least the formation, Harlee to come back into the defence most likely. Sawyers, Watkins and Maupay have all played roles from the bench so I anticipate they will start too. Maxim Colin hasn't started yet and I'm not sure how Dalsgaard performed but there were a few negative reviews about him so it wouldn't surprise me to see Colin come back into the squad.

 

Sergi Canos is also due to come back from injury so may make the bench!

Edited by Danny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

I thought that there was a rule that you couldn't show live Football that wasn't a Champions League game? Sky haven't had the Champions League for a couple of years now and when there's games on alongside Championship games, the Championship games aren't shown live, you just get highlights of the goals on Sky Sports News. 

 

What the fuck that's absolute bollocks and I can't begin to understand why they think it's necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What the fuck that's absolute bollocks and I can't begin to understand why they think it's necessary.

No idea why it's the case, I'd hardly imagine a game between Villa and Sunderland in November would pull too many neutrals away from Champions League games of say Real Madrid v Dortmund. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw the stats of the Reading Villa game at half time. If you removed the badges you'd think it was Real Madrid v Elche. £20 on Reading at half time at a hilariously generous 2/1. Villa are awful and Bruce won't see Haloween.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Who would you get to replace him?

Someone who just wants to implement a fucking system. I don't care I really don't I just want someone to come in implement a style of play and as a club we reinforce that through transfers & youth for the next 10 years. I think promotion is off this year, we're in a relegation scrap if we hold onto this cunt much longer. I think we're down here a few years now, it's typical though. 

Just now, Dan said:

I saw the stats of the Reading Villa game at half time. If you removed the badges you'd think it was Real Madrid v Elche. £20 on Reading at half time at a hilariously generous 2/1. Villa are awful and Bruce won't see Haloween.

Bruce won't see 2 more mate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Get King Nige in. I'm serious to be honest, he suffers none of the kind of cunts who have dragged you lot down for so long.

Given how the Aston Villa players once reacted to Roy Keane and how Nigel Pearson reacted at Derby County I imagine Armageddon would be prettier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Given how the Aston Villa players once reacted to Roy Keane and how Nigel Pearson reacted at Derby County I imagine Armageddon would be prettier.

Pearson would've sorted Derby in time. He was crap there in his brief spell but he's never been a short term fix. We'd never be where we are or have done what we have done without him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Get King Nige in. I'm serious to be honest, he suffers none of the kind of cunts who have dragged you lot down for so long.

I'd have him tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given the wages he's been allowed to spend on players I'll be amazed if Tony Xia pulls the plug so early in to the season.

Nah we have to go up because FFP fucks us next year, it's now or never he'll chop quickly hopefully 

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given how the Aston Villa players once reacted to Roy Keane and how Nigel Pearson reacted at Derby County I imagine Armageddon would be prettier.

Most have gone now, it's a good squad, just no game plan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dan said:

Pearson would've sorted Derby in time. He was crap there in his brief spell but he's never been a short term fix. We'd never be where we are or have done what we have done without him.

From what's been said about his behavior at Derby County there was no coming back. I know you rightfully love the guy but let it go. He's made himself very difficult to employ given his previous conduct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...