talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

What drama at the end and what an absolutely disastrous weekend for Vettel and Ferrari. Championship lead chopped down to one point.

Looks like some of the teams could have done with doing a two stop. Kudos to Red Bull for giving Verstappen the free pit stop and guaranteeing his 4th place. 

Bottas excellent again, Mercedes were the class of the field and I think Hamilton was driving well within the limits of the car. A dull race for the most part but a major shift in the championship battle and Ferrari will be biting their nails. 

• Subscriber

Quality from Lewis. He's so good for the sport, I get his critics, but he's the best driver in the world and he's a character that people love to hate, but does so much good for the sport ultimately.

Mercedes put together a perfect car for the weekend, that drive from Bottas was great.

Shout out to Danny Ric too, brilliant stuff again.

Karma for Vettel 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Storts said:

Quality from Lewis. He's so good for the sport, I get his critics, but he's the best driver in the world and he's a character that people love to hate, but does so much good for the sport ultimately.

Mercedes put together a perfect car for the weekend, that drive from Bottas was great.

Shout out to Danny Ric too, brilliant stuff again.

Karma for Vettel 

All spot on.

do get why he has his critics but he is definitely good for the sport. And when he's at 100% and in the zone nobody can touch him. 

• Subscriber

Hamilton is winning me over after I initially thought I'd rather see Vettel win the championship. 

Hungary is next up in a fortnight, which is more akin to Monaco than any of the other tracks we've been to this season. Ferrari were clearly a cut above at Monaco so if Mercedes can continue their recent dominance there it will go to show that they've got their noses in front in the development race.

Vettel was unlucky today, luck usually balances out okay over the course of the year and this weekend balances with Hamilton's bad luck in Azerbaijan and Austria. However, if he'd have qualified ahead of Raikkonen he could have comfortably made the podium so it wasn't all down to luck. 

Bottas continues to impress and is every inch the perfect replacement for Rosberg. His presence in the title race has the potential to become an inconvenience for Mercedes though, the team could do with Hamilton finishing ahead of Bottas for the next few races so that they can focus on one driver if they need to in the second half of the year.

What this season goes to show though is that F1 is infinitely more exciting when you have two different teams capable of winning the championship, which is something we've been deprived of since Alonso vs Vettel in 2012.

Edited by RandoEFC

• The topic was pinned