talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

News flying around that we're breaking the bank to get Virgil in the summer? I can get behind that because hes a rather solid defender and will do the backline some good as well. Of course there's always the chance he'll come here and struggle initially and get lambasted for not being able to do his job as well but what the hell.

Where you heard that? I can't find find one credible source?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where you heard that? I can't find find one credible source?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-ready-smash-transfer-record-10295643

I know I know not credible but you'd imagine they'd be taking a lot of consideration for defensive positions seeing as we've never really had our backline properly playing with each other for most of the season.

16 hours ago, tarzanontoast said:

I’ve not really been focussing too much on Rangers’ form/squad north of the border (sorry SPL, you’re a snooze-fest!), but does anyone know if Jordan Rossiter has played much this season?

The SPL doesn't exist anymore, but anyway. He appeared 3/4 times at the start of the season, but hasn't been seen since.

I remember a what felt like a few months of Warburton saying he was due back in a few weeks, every week.

I thought when him and Weir went off to Forest they might have let everyone know where the poor boy was buried and give the fans some closure. 

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Phillipe Coutinho back in training ahead of Southampton clash:

skysports-philippe-coutinho-liverpool-fo

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho has returned to training in a bid to be available for selection against Southampton on Nissan Super Sunday. The Brazil international was forced off with a dead leg just 13 minutes into Monday's 1-0 win against Watford. Coutinho returned to light training away from the main squad on Thursday as the club's medical staff continue to manage his fitness in order to maximise his chances of being fit for the weekend.

"The injury is much better. It was a hard tackle and what happened was a dead leg. It caused a lot of pain in the area I was hit, but the pain has reduced now," Coutinho told the club's website.

Good news for you Liverpool fans this, he's without doubt one of your best players and everything seems to tick when he's on the pitch. 

He'll be off to Barcelona within 2 years so fuck him :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What's the thoughts on the Anfield expansion? It seems rather logical to me but I've seen a lot of Kopites going mad over it?

I'm all for staying and expanding Anfield of course and all my family and friends that live in Liverpool are too. In fact, every Liverpool fan I know  

If we can successfully expand Anfield to well over 60k in half the time it would take to build a 60k soulless bowl on Stanley Park then why would anyone want us to re-locate? In fact I can't think of one good reason why anyone would oppose staying at Anfield? 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Ridiculous if they don't go ahead with the next phase of expansion. A club of Liverpool's size should not be playing in a stadium under 60,000. Should be much more than that really.

The article is suggesting that we ARE going ahead with the expansion. 

Come on Mike this is good news. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where did I say it wasn't? Was just saying that it's a no brainer

You just make me giggle that's all. It's announced that we are expanding again and you come on to say it's ridiculous if we dont xD

Its like your on a permanent period xD

Have any transport improvements been made around getting to the stadium from central Liverpool as part of the stage 1 or planned stage 2 upgrades?  

I went a couple of years ago and you could see it was a pretty tight space for such a large stadium. To be sustainable long term it would be worth improving bus terminals and roads local to the stadium i.m.o. as there's more to consider than just the size of the stadium. 

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You just make me giggle that's all. It's announced that we are expanding again and you come on to say it's ridiculous if we dont xD

Its like your on a permanent period xD

Nothings been announced yet. Just the club talking in the press. They've suggested previously through the media that they won't expand so I wouldn't get over excited just yet

23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nothings been announced yet. Just the club talking in the press. They've suggested previously through the media that they won't expand so I wouldn't get over excited just yet

Well planning permission has already been gained so that suggests the expansion is in mind. Not getting excited either as it will probably be 1 or 2 years before things start moving and even then I'll not give much of a fuck over 8 or 9k extra seats. Those extra seats will be going on sale to the general public though which should get more locals in which in turn should improve the atmosphere, so that's nice. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

On 2017-5-5 at 6:23 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Well planning permission has already been gained so that suggests the expansion is in mind. Not getting excited either as it will probably be 1 or 2 years before things start moving and even then I'll not give much of a fuck over 8 or 9k extra seats. Those extra seats will be going on sale to the general public though which should get more locals in which in turn should improve the atmosphere, so that's nice. 

Do you guys live locally,  and if so get along to many games? 

Edited by Harry

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do you guys live locally,  and if so get along to many games? 

I haven't lived in Liverpool for about 17 years now and I haven't been Anfield for over 12 months. Done my fair share over the years like but family commitments plus shit work patterns has made it hard for me to go recently. 

That's cool mate. I imagine it would be pretty hard to get tickets anyway? I had to pay for corporate tickets  to get them guaranteed to the game that fell in the 2 days i was going to be there. 

I was wondering whether youd see the 8000 extra seats as giving you a better chance of getting a season ticket but not relevant if you don't live there. 

I haven't been for three years now. Be arsed paying upwards of 40 quid to go along to an absolute circus.

Last time I was updated on the season ticket waiting list I was 11000-odd. I'm not sure if I'd bother if I was ever offered one now anyway

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion