talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
On 24/02/2022 at 03:48, Dr. Gonzo said:

5qdsbj06knj81.jpg

Get fucked Drogba, there's a new African with the record goal contributions in the league...

and in 72 less games.

I am more interested to see him leap-frog some Liverpool legends pretty soon - https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/fc-liverpool/topTorschuetzen/verein/31

And just to add to that look at where Sadio and more importantly Bobby is. 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

Unlike KDB, he didn't really show any stand out potential during his time with us. Even at Roma, albeit a good player during his stint, there was always the Serie A tax to consider. 

You have to credit his massive growth to elite levels to Klopp really. 

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am more interested to see him leap-frog some Liverpool legends pretty soon - https://www.transfermarkt.co.in/fc-liverpool/topTorschuetzen/verein/31

And just to add to that look at where Sadio and more importantly Bobby is. 

That list is missing Gordon Hodgson and Billy Liddell and some of the totals are wrong: https://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/PlayerGoalscorers

Anyway, Salah will almost certainly have over taken Owen by the end of the season and if he's here next season he's probably into fifth ahead of Gerrard.

57 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As much as I like him, and think he’s great….is there not a time where we have to replace him? He’s just injured so much. We need another midfielder in the summer anyways, hopefully whoever it is can step into the first 11 like Jota and Diaz have done. 

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

As much as I like him, and think he’s great….is there not a time where we have to replace him? He’s just injured so much. We need another midfielder in the summer anyways, hopefully whoever it is can step into the first 11 like Jota and Diaz have done. 

Talk of replacing him would be silly. Maybe he's a bit of a luxury type of player. He's so good though that you keep him around for the 30ish games he'll be available for. Don't disagree that we could do with signing another who might be more reliable fitness wise. You'd need to move Keita and/or Chamberlain on first though.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Talk of replacing him would be silly. Maybe he's a bit of a luxury type of player. He's so good though that you keep him around for the 30ish games he'll be available for. Don't disagree that we could do with signing another who might be more reliable fitness wise. You'd need to move Keita and/or Chamberlain on first though.

Is this where someone like Bellingham comes in?

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Is this where someone like Bellingham comes in?

Precisely who we should be looking at. Would blow most of our summer budget, unless we convince them to take Keita as part of the deal. 

@LFCMike I didn’t necessarily mean boot him out the club, but we are going to need somebody more reliable as a mainstay to the midfield. I just don’t trust Chamberlain at all, Jones still has a lot to prove, Keita blows hot and cold and Milner is at the end. 

Edited by Rick

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Precisely who we should be looking at. Would blow most of our summer budget, unless we convince them to take Keita as part of the deal. 

@LFCMike I didn’t necessarily mean boot him out the club, but we are going to need somebody more reliable as a mainstay to the midfield. I just don’t trust Chamberlain at all, Jones still has a lot to prove, Keita blows hot and cold and Milner is at the end. 

I think chances are Milner will extend for another season (unless Leeds come calling perhaps), Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain I think might be moved on so I think it's possible we replace them.

But like @LFCMikesays, it's only just turned March and we're still in 3 competitions having just won one of the ones we were competing for. We're having a good season with the current squad and if everyone stays healthy this could be a very nice season for us if we get the right amount of luck.

58 minutes ago, Rick said:

Doesn’t need to be turned into another transfer discussion anyways. I was reacting to news of a Thiago missing most the games of a very important month for us. 

I think he's expected back for our match against Inter.

We should be alright against Norwich without him. West Ham are a trickier opponent, but I have confidence in Keita/Elliott/Milner filling in.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-agent-liverpool-klopp-23360115

Mohamed Salah agent sends cryptic tweet after Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool contract comments

Mohamed Salah's Liverpool future remains up in the air despite talks being held between the club and the Egyptian's representatives

I mean, if Salah was 25/26 years old then I would certainly want the club to give him £400k a week on a 5 year contract. Except, he's 30 year old and a 5 year contract on £400k a week is excessive to say the least. 

I'm sure we will be fine if a replacement is needed. 

The problem I have with these “he’s 30” shouts is that we only have to look at somebody like Ronaldo, who is 37 but is fitter than the majority of professionals in the game. 

Salah takes excellent care of his body, and has remained pretty much injury free through his time with us. I think a 4 year deal with large wages is more than acceptable for the club to go with. His output hasn’t slowed down at all, and I don’t think it will in the coming years. 

If we lose him on a free, that will be horrible business by the club. Hopefully we can find an agreement before the start of next season so we can avoid the bullshit rumours. 

9 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Arguably the best player in the world at the moment. Age shouldn't really be that much of a factor. He hardly looks like his body's about to fall off a cliff either.

Of course age is a factor. He's wanting to earn double what VVD gets paid until he's almost 36. 

He won't accept a shorter contract and he won't accept a lower wage. 

Messi and Ronaldo are great examples of players that are simply not worth the money they are paid in their mid thirties.

I'll be happy if a new contract is sorted with Salah but I can understand the club not wanting to shatter its wage structure for a player who will probably only decline within the next few years.