talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

I know not signing a CB is disappointing but the strength in depth of our squad overall is now pretty impressive. 

We will have players such as Sturridge, Lallana, Can, TAA, Milner, Robertson, Ox & Coutinho on the bench on a regular basis. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

He's right though, as great as it is to have good options in midfield and upfront the fact remains that our defensive options are not acceptable. It's a joke that we prioritised Ox over signing a centre back. Don't even get me started on the keepers.

5 minutes ago, FOYM said:

He's right though, as great as it is to have good options in midfield and upfront the fact remains that our defensive options are not acceptable. It's a joke that we prioritised Ox over signing a centre back. Don't even get me started on the keepers.

He is right regarding CB options and maybe about the keepers. 

But here we go again! 

Its been discussed a million times!

Klopp isn't buying a new keeper!

Its as simple as 1 + 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Danny Ward should be given a chance the next time Migs is "rested" - he's got a good reputation from every club we've loaned him too and Karius is worse than Migs tbh.

I think it's strange Edwards & Klopp had no alternatives at CB.

Strange? I think it's shambolic. We spent the whole summer waiting for Southampton to invite us to make an offer for a player they didn't want to sell!

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently it will get done in January, by which time VVD will be nearly 28 and won't have played a competitive game in almost a year (assuming he doesn't play for Southampton till then). 

I say forget him, find another target and go get him in January. 

If he does play for Southampton before then, they won't sell him in January.

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Earlier in the window. 

They did actually report us but the evidence they submitted wasn't enough to provoke an enquiry. Basically because it's what everyone does although we didn't help ourselves by leaking every smudging of information to the media. 

Fuck him anyway, he's a great CB but he'll be 28 by the time we'll be able to get him. I'd rather us use the next few months identifying a younger CB that has the skill set Klopp requires and go all out to get them in January. 

This whole VVD shite has gone on too long. 

• Subscriber

Whatever anyone says about Van Dijk, I refuse to accept that having a couple of good seasons for Southampton not even in Europe makes you work a kabillion pounds or whatever the latest fee was. People ended up believing he was worth that because Liverpool and City seemed willing to pay it and he acted like he was far too good for Southampton when in reality he's only quite a bit too good for them.

Just now, HK85 said:

Oh I know they threatened and forced an apology out of Liverpool (an admission of guilt) but I think out of spite they'd have probably gone further with it.  

Probably would have Yeah. Hope lessons are learned from all this and next time we are going for our number 1 target we just shut the fuck up and get it done. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Paul Joyce reckons Klopp's going to rotate the keepers depending on competition. Mignolet in the league apparently, Karius in the CL. Presumably Ward in at least the League Cup?

I'd say it's more likely that Karius plays all the cup competitions and Mignolet plays (most of) the league games. I think Klopp's trying to mould Karius into being our starting keeper, and exposing him to the English game is an important part of that.