talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, El_Loco said:

If the Coutinho deal goes through, Liverpool should not only take the money but also some players back. Cilessen, Digne and Sergi Roberto are players who make sense for them, in my opinion.

They'll break the door down at the Camp Nou, find Bartomeu, drag him out into the forecourt by his ears and hang him off the tallest lamppost by his pubic hair if he uses Sergi Roberto in a filler deal.  Sergi Roberto is way too valuable and can't go.

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I honestly don't think Schmeichel or Forster would be such massive upgrades.  Maybe a bit better, but to me they're all in that category of quite good but not top class. 

That's why I only said they'd do mate. Obviously we'd like a top keeper, but that clearly isn't happening.

51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They'll break the door down at the Camp Nou, find Bartomeu, drag him out into the forecourt by his ears and hang him off the tallest lamppost by his pubic hair if he uses Sergi Roberto in a filler deal.  Sergi Roberto is way too valuable and can't go.

That's extremely vivid xD I wouldn't worry, there's no way the Coutinho deal is going through.

Edited by Burning Gold

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Reina of 2005 to about 2010 is the kind of level we should be looking at in a goalkeeper. I don't understand this acceptance that Liverpool can't sign a good goalkeeper. Have people's expectations been dumbed-down that much?

Nobody has accepted it Mike, that's the point. I think probably around 95% of our fan base have at some time or other said that we need to or should be upgrading. 

My point is, and has been all along, is that Klopp rates him and doesn't seem in any hurry to dip into the transfer market to replace him, hence absolutely no links to a new keeper whatsoever. He's tried it once and Karius is sat on his arse. 

Ive personally never 'accepted' having Migs because I think he's the best goalie ever. I've accepted him because he isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I fail to see the point in bringing it up time and time again. It's boring, it's tedious and it needs to pushed to the back burner untill a time when Klopp see's fit to get rid. 

Migs has much improved though since Karius came on to challenge so let's all hope that his improvement continues because he's not a bad goalkeeper, he's just been way too inconsistent over the years. 

Support the lad.... COME OOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN :D

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think Klopp does rate him though, don't care what he says in the media. He signed a keeper to replace him just last summer. If he rated him, he wouldn't have tried to replace him with some cheapo option.

The question here (if true) is why Klopp is choosing players?  Isn't there a technical team at Liverpool FC?

Klopp is a head coach!  He isn't a manager...  Infact the only manager I know exists to this day at top end football is Arsene Wenger and the proof it doesn't work anymore is him and his decisions over the past decade.

Football has moved on...  Maybe Liverpool should be looking to within where the problem lies because I saw some figures yesterday where Liverpool come in the 6th in the biggest spenders over the past 10 years in European football.  That means errors at the point of selecting recruitment and the errors come from those making decisions.  If you're gonna contract a coach and then listen to him on recruitment when his experience is one league, then that's foolish.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The question here (if true) is why Klopp is choosing players?  Isn't there a technical team at Liverpool FC?

Klopp is a head coach!  He isn't a manager...  Infact the only manager I know exists to this day at top end football is Arsene Wenger and the proof it doesn't work anymore is him and his decisions over the past decade.

Football has moved on...  Maybe Liverpool should be looking to within where the problem lies because I saw some figures yesterday where Liverpool come in the 6th in the biggest spenders over the past 10 years in European football.  That means errors at the point of selecting recruitment and the errors come from those making decisions.  If you're gonna contract a coach and then listen to him on recruitment when his experience is one league, then that's foolish.

I don't believe that Klopp has a great say in things. Do you think he'd have gone for Karius who cost £4m and is on £25k a week if he wanted? Of course not. Football has moved on, I agree, but the problem is that the people on Liverpool's recruitment team are either working on an extremely tight budget or don't know what they're doing.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

How would you rate your signings? I think your recruitment team are better than they don't know what they're doing and seeing as you don't exactly throw the cash around Id say money holds you back.

I like Salah, he's a good player and improves us. The others I've not seen enough of to make a proper judgement. Robertson had a good debut but like I say, too early for me to judge.

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I like Salah, he's a good player and improves us. The others I've not seen enough of to make a proper judgement. Robertson had a good debut but like I say, too early for me to judge.

Even just from the Klopp era in general?

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Even just from the Klopp era in general?

Mane obviously outstanding. Matip was good last season but was in and out of the side with injuries. Hopefully he can stay fit this year. Wijnaldum generally good but goes missing a fair bit. When he's on it though he's a good player for us. I don't think the rest from last season are worth talking about. Budget options for the squad and you can tell. 

Mane - Superb. Always.

Wijnaldum - Good but inconsistent. Terrible finisher too. 

Klavan - Joke signing, offers nothing but a body eating up wages.

Matip - Hes been good and has the potwntial to be excellent if paired next to a better CB than Lovren

Karius - When he's played he's been shit. Rather have Ward as second choice.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Which keeper would you realistically want to sign for Liverpool as the main man between the sticks?

Realistically, Butland or Schmiecal would be an upgrade. Leno would be excellent also.

59 minutes ago, FOYM said:

We need Can tied down to a new deal pronto. He's getting better by the week.

Apparently he's already agreed to sign for Juventus next year, which will be incredibly annoying because he's finally starting to look like the top class footballer we all knew was in there somewhere.

• Subscriber

Last year he got a lot of stick for everything he did and then he came out and said he was nursing an injury through all of it which made me feel like the guy does try, got unjustly roasted and now hes starting to get a lot better. I hope he stays a long time and only gets better. He played in such a weird position at one point and did well there as well.

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion