Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Football League 2017/18 - 25-26th August 2017


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Friday 25th August, 2017
Championship
Bristol City vs Aston Villa, 19.45
Hull vs Bolton, 19.45

League Two:
Notts County vs Accrington Stanley, 19.45

Saturday 26th August, 2017
Championship
Barnsley vs Sunderland
Birmingham vs Reading
Brentford vs Wolves
Burton vs Sheff Weds
Cardiff vs QPR
Ipswich vs Fulham
Middlesbrough vs Preston
Millwall vs Norwich
Nottm Forest vs Leeds, 17.30
Sheff Utd vs Derby

League One
AFC Wimbledon vs Doncaster
Blackburn vs MK Dons
Blackpool vs Oldham
Bristol Rovers vs Fleetwood
Gillingham vs Southend
Northampton vs Peterborough
Oxford vs Shrewsbury
Plymouth vs Scunthorpe
Rochdale vs Bury
Rotherham vs Charlton
Walsall vs Bradford
Wigan vs Portsmouth

League Two
Barnet vs Stevenage
Cambridge vs Morecambe
Cheltenham vs Exeter
Colchester vs Forest Green
Grimsby vs Wycombe
Lincoln vs Carlisle
Mansfield vs Luton
Newport vs Chesterfield
Port Vale vs Crewe
Swindon vs Crawley
Yeovil vs Coventry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Football League 2017/18 - 25-26th August 2017
Sign up to remove this ad.

Could be a bad few days for Brentford if they suffer another defeat, this time to an impressive looking Wolves, and if either Boro, Hull or someone else stumps up enough cash to prize Jota from them. I also didn't realise how poorly Fulham have started, it seems like a big hangover from the play-off's last season so far and Ipswich have started unbelievably. 

Wigan v Portsmouth should be interesting as it's Paul Cook's former side. There's also a local derby in Rochdale v Bury, so that should be feisty. 

It's top v bottom in League Two between Swindon and Crawley and Harry Kewell's managerial career could be on the ropes before it's even started there, you've got a local derby at Vale Park between Port Vale and Crewe and from memory and without having looked, those games usually produce goals but the game of the today in League Two is surely Mansfield Town v Luton Town, most people's favourites for promotion this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Could be a bad few days for Brentford if they suffer another defeat, this time to an impressive looking Wolves, and if either Boro, Hull or someone else stumps up enough cash to prize Jota from them. I also didn't realise how poorly Fulham have started, it seems like a big hangover from the play-off's last season so far and Ipswich have started unbelievably. 

Wigan v Portsmouth should be interesting as it's Paul Cook's former side. There's also a local derby in Rochdale v Bury, so that should be feisty. 

It's top v bottom in League Two between Swindon and Crawley and Harry Kewell's managerial career could be on the ropes before it's even started there, you've got a local derby at Vale Park between Port Vale and Crewe and from memory and without having looked, those games usually produce goals but the game of the today in League Two is surely Mansfield Town v Luton Town, most people's favourites for promotion this season. 

It's an interesting one, we've had poor results but good performances. Had we not of beat QPR in the week then I'd be worried but I feel like winning 4-1 will have done us some good. There's a big atmosphere at the club around high performance levels when we're not getting results and vice versa, I imagine the players will all be well versed in how quickly a run of form can change so I don't think we're going to go down a bad road. If we were away I could see a score draw tomorrow, but as we're at home I'm leaning towards a Bees win.

Knowing my luck we'll probs lose 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The annual televised Sky clash of the fallen giants takes place tomorrow. Forest Leeds at the City Ground is always picked and everytime without fail, you can be sure you'll hear former 'European Cup winners' or 'Fallen Premiership giants'.

Should be an interesting game as both clubs are in a bit of form. I feel it was a totally schoolboy and woeful decision from us to allow Liam Bridcutt to join Forest in time for this game. You just know he's going to have a stormer because he'll want to prove a massive point.

The dilemma for us is how short we are up front. Despite signing the young dutch lad Grot in the week, I fully expect us not to start him and play Roofe up front after his hat trick on Tuesday night.

Given how Forest have started, I would probably take a draw to be fair. I have a 1-1 feeling about this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need our first home win of the season tomorrow against MK Dons. We have to start well as MK Dons could be there for the taking otherwise it will turn into another Doncaster/Southend. Dack is likely to be out which is a shame as he is forming a decent partnership with Samuel. Samuel looks a real handful at this level but we need more support for him.

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Ward Williams

Bennett Evans Smallwood Conway

Graham Samuel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I reckon this has 1-0 villa written all over it to be honest 

seriously despite our two wins I don't know a Villa fan that rates him, he's actually holding us back. Going to Bristol City with 5 at the back? fuck off no disrespect to Bristol City but that squad should be top 5 in this league we'll regret persevering with this useless cunt of a manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Half Time - 2-1 against @Batard's boys.

Looked off the pace to begin and fuck knows what Etheridge was doing for QPR's goal, but Smithies helped repay the favour following Zohore and Hoilett's persistence (it was more the defender's fault but whatever) and Bamba nodding home at the near post which Smithies really should have covered.

Hopefully Warnock gives them a little bit of a kick up the arse for the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Half Time - 2-1 against @Batard's boys.

Looked off the pace to begin and fuck knows what Etheridge was doing for QPR's goal, but Smithies helped repay the favour following Zohore and Hoilett's persistence (it was more the defender's fault but whatever) and Bamba nodding home at the near post which Smithies really should have covered.

Hopefully Warnock gives them a little bit of a kick up the arse for the second half.

From what I've seen and heard, after the first goal QPR just couldn't contain Cardiff. You had a 3rd goal ruled offside didn't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Batard said:

From what I've seen and heard, after the first goal QPR just couldn't contain Cardiff. You had a 3rd goal ruled offside didn't you?

We did have it disallowed but I thought it was for something else as I didn't see the linesman flag up at all.

Another good win and a shame.that the international break has come round really. Hoping that we don't suffer any major injuries during the qualifiers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We did have it disallowed but I thought it was for something else as I didn't see the linesman flag up at all.

Another good win and a shame.that the international break has come round really. Hoping that we don't suffer any major injuries during the qualifiers.

Onto Hoilett, he was shite at Loftus Road. I remember being pleased when he signed but he continually flattered to deceive. He seems to actually have found some form with you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Onto Hoilett, he was shite at Loftus Road. I remember being pleased when he signed but he continually flattered to deceive. He seems to actually have found some form with you guys.

Hoilett can still be hit and miss at times (his corners yesterday were shite bar the one that lead to the goal), but he has been very good since joining us. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the 'Warnock effect' coming into play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's more like it from us! A really comfortable win against a poor MK Dons side albeit we made it slightly difficult for ourselves at one point with more poor defending for their equaliser which came out of nowhere. Samuel and Smallwood are looking key signings, both were fantastic in different ways yesterday; Smallwood is the heartbeat of our side and Samuel the goal threat. Mulgrew was also outstanding yesterday and a real leader for us.

Mowbray has said we may lose one senior player this transfer window if it is the right deal for everyone but otherwise we have a really strong looking squad. Rumours it may be Graham, but also there have been numerous bids for Bennett, Mulgrew and Lenihan this summer. Out of them all I'd choose to loose Graham purely because of Samuel's early form. The others would be huge losses for us more so than Graham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...