talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 10 - 27-29th October, 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Jesus give that a break xD

Move on mate. 

It’s better than passing on the responsibility of giving actual head injuries to the players, possibly effecting their morale.

And it makes the most of that officials talents.

Win win.

Weird how at the top end of the league we’ve got a lot of good sides… but then there’s sides like Forest that should probably be in a relegation scrap until the dying days of the season, but I think they’re pretty safe this year because the bottom 3 are abysmal.

On 27/10/2023 at 16:28, Storts said:

absolutely not mate, nowhere good enough as a squad to sustain that sort of challenge. But it’s fine, the manager is great, the togetherness is fantastic, the signings we made this summer are truly excellent, the football is fun to watch, and it feels like we’ve got back the club our fanbase needs. Likeable players, good football and just a little bit of hope.

Injuries to any of our big players would be costly, Son, Maddison, Romero, Van de Ven, Bissouma. We would struggle losing that quality but just going to enjoy it.

Also how incredible to get Bentancur back tonight. Bloody love that man 

I think you’ll win the league primarily because it’s funny if you finally win it with Kane gone & Poch at Chelsea.

• Subscriber

Very nice 3 points for us, especially as I don't think we played particularly well, actually quite sloppy and wasteful going forward.

The defensive shape was very good throughout and if we can maintain that then we have a chance of a good result even if we aren't playing out of our skin. Branthwaite is getting better and better and he'll be fetching us a big fee in the next year or two. Great work from whichever scout spotted him at Carlisle.

Three wins in 5 and after a poor start to the season, I think we're starting to elevate ourselves to the "shit but safe" tier of clubs (Wolves, Fulham, probably Forest). Too bad we wasted so many points early on with those home defeats.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Very nice 3 points for us, especially as I don't think we played particularly well, actually quite sloppy and wasteful going forward.

The defensive shape was very good throughout and if we can maintain that then we have a chance of a good result even if we aren't playing out of our skin. Branthwaite is getting better and better and he'll be fetching us a big fee in the next year or two. Great work from whichever scout spotted him at Carlisle.

Three wins in 5 and after a poor start to the season, I think we're starting to elevate ourselves to the "shit but safe" tier of clubs (Wolves, Fulham, probably Forest). Too bad we wasted so many points early on with those home defeats.

Based off the evidence of this week and last week, I think you’re a million times better than Forest.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think Ten Hag has to go. This is just utterly unacceptable now. When I see other teams at least giving Citeh a game and we can’t even do that, I think it’s time he’s gone. There’s no spirit, to style, no formation, no heart, no soul, no ideas, nothing.

I genuinely thought that ETH would have been the one to get you going too, similar to the feeling I had when Klopp signed for Liverpool.

Whereas I don't think you can keep sacking manager after manager I just don't see anything positive about the ETH era at the moment, it's just proper shite. 

Strangely, I don't get the feeling he's in danger of losing his job - although he should be.

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I'm always wary of any kind of moralistic explanation for football results but a big part of the problem at United does seem to be that the team is riddled with mentally/emotionally defective man-children.

I have no real reasoning behind this, but I cannot see United winning anything with Bruno Fernandes in the team. He will be one of those names we look back on in ten years time as someone who was indicative of this United team.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

We are a middle-of-the-table shite club with zombie owners, the sooner them bastards are gone the better.

I could not be arsed even finding a link to watch the game as I knew what the result would be, the quicker ET fucks off the better and we might as well sell Rashford as ET can't work any wonders on him, in fact, the whole team looks lost in what they are supposed to do, Haarland's second goal was a joke from what I read as there was no one anywhere near him and he was left unmarked at a post.

Rant over and fuck off ET and head back into space and the far blue yonder. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think Ten Hag has to go. This is just utterly unacceptable now. When I see other teams at least giving Citeh a game and we can’t even do that, I think it’s time he’s gone. There’s no spirit, to style, no formation, no heart, no soul, no ideas, nothing.

I think that long runs of poor form is going to be the norm for you, mainly because of what Ten Hag has taken over. The club and squad has degraded over time and it’s very evident in the players you have or have had recently. I think the hope for you has to be that the winning run you will eventually go on, if you do go on one, outlasts last seasons winning run and year on year you just stretch that out.

With that over a 2-3 year period you should be able to get rid of the likes of Lindelof, Maguire, Martial, McTominay, Van de Beek. It’s pretty mad that your back four today was Maguire, Evans and Lindelof at LB. No depth whatsoever and maybe just unfortunate to suffer two injuries at left back.

I think the biggest issue I see with you and I’ve only just noticed this, I’ll compare to Arsenal and Arteta. Things didnt go well for about 3 seasons at Arsenal, but what was consistent was the players they brought in improved the team. Partey, Gabriel, Odegaard in one season. White, Ramsdale and Odegaard (perm) the next, Jesus, Zinchenko, Trossard last season.

But your transfers under Ten Hag have pretty much all failed to improve you as a team. Antony has been dogshit, Casemiro missed 9 games through suspension last season? And started this season badly, Eriksen is just a bit meh and maybe needs more around him to succeed, Mount has barely started a game, Hojlund has a massive transfer fee to live up to and Onana hasn’t exactly started the season well either.

I’d like to see what the players can do all fit, together. And it’s strange you’d sign Mount and not play him, whats the craic there? But I’m leaning more towards your idea of sacking him if the transfers don’t start to come off, cos what else can you do to improve a team other than buy players?

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned