• Administrator

all kick-offs 20.00 (GMT)

PSG vs Newcastle

AC Milan vs Borussia Dortmund

image.png

- PSG and Dortmund will secure qualification for CL knock-outs if they both win

- Newcastle will be out of European football if they lose and Milan win

20 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Will likely lose comfortably here. Just have to hope Dortmund beat Milan so there's something left to play for in the final game.

not fussed either way.  it is nice to have a feet dip into a competition we will try make a feature but the draw was horrible and the toll it's had on the squad poses more threat.   

The Europa cup is even more taxing so I'd rather go out and consolidate and turn focus on getting players back and possibly a FA Cup run, although I'd be happy to just get past the first hurdle right now.

• Administrator

Bit rich of the soccer special commentators to criticise PSG players surrounding the ref. 

They're all deadly quiet when English clubs do it day in day out. 

Sherwood is a prick anyway. 

The rule is that it's a penalty. Ridiculous rule created by people who've never played football even in the park but these handballs have been given all season, even in the Premier League. Don't know why they decided that intention no longer matters and how it no longer matters if it was hit from close range or if it hit a different part of the body first. It's dumb.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Does any one know what the handball rule is anymore? 

I definitely thought coming off another part of your body first wasn't

it wasn't like his arm was in an unnatural position, it just hit his chest then arm, if he motioned to stop the ball with his arm then fair enough. 

This VAR rubbish is getting out of hand, that was never a penalty. Do they honestly expect players arms to stay glued to their sided. Handball is intentional, that movement was never intentional.

That said I felt Hakimi was taken down in the box earlier. 

• Subscriber

Yeah that's not a penalty and there has to come a point where you don't even care if the rules say it is.

I was also under the impression that if it comes off another body part then hits the arm then you're all good.

The vicious cycle around officiating is one of a few things that are largely ruining football. Inconsistent decision making leads to complaining from fans, clubs and other stakeholders, the authorities respond by creating ever more complicated rules like the ones about handball that seem to change every season and often seem to vary depending on which competition it is, meaning that it becomes impossible to enforce or follow, leading to even more inconsistencies and then you're back at the start.

It's just really boring now and there's no clear way of fixing it. The whole thing is a circus and to be honest I expect some of the people making the big decisions would probably continue with the chaos and manufactured drama because it generates talking points and social media interactions which is more important now than the integrity of the sporting event. Nobody with any power cares anymore whether the Champions League final is a fair contest or even an interesting game as long as they can spin a good story out of it.

• Upvote 1

i understand in football decisions will go for and against you over a season, however I didn't think that was a deliberate handball.   i am seeing to much strict application, I've seen penalties given where a player laced one and a defender to protect his face covered it with his hands, it just needs common sense.

• The topic was unpinned