talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 18 - 21-24th December, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

2-0 after 17 minutes. We look knackered like I expected and Dyche hasn't helped by refusing to use any of the very few rotation options we have. I knew we'd lose but I was hoping to avoid a cricket score.

We haven't created nothing either. Calvert-Lewin is really letting us down up front at the moment.

• Subscriber

We've done a good job of getting a foothold now and we really should have got at least one back. Can't fault the work rate but you compare our work in the final third to Spurs and there's an absolute gulf between us.

Gomes has made his return off the bench and looked decent. Gueye joining Doucoure on the injury list isn't exactly ideal though.

20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

After losing to Arsenal and drawing to you in injury time, as well as losing 2-1 to Man City, I think any bet against Luton at Kenilworth Road is a little risky.

It was a bit risky, I just thought they would start sorting themselves out a. It. Daft in hindsight. 

• Subscriber

Really good game. How we didn't end up getting something from that I don't know but that's what happens when you don't turn up for the first 20 minutes against one of the top teams in the league.

Danjuma's cameo was incredibly frustrating. Desperate to prove himself and sometimes making wrong decisions for the team as a result. No wonder Dyche doesn't fully trust him.

I'll be avoiding Everton Twitter as much as I can for the rest of the weekend amid the inevitable panic over the fact that Luton and Burnley both managed to win.

That is literally like a basketball dribble by Odegaard, taking the ball right away from Salah's feet.

That seems like a far more obvious penalty than the vast majority you see where the hand is static and the ball just hits it. Very confusing.

Edited by Inverted

It seems to be a consistent thing with Arsenal where they start well and almost seem to surprise themselves, and then degenerate into trying desperately to slow the game down rather than just playing.

For all the bluster, the weird thing is that it seems like, deep down, they don't actually back themselves.

Edited by Inverted
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

That is literally like a basketball dribble by Odegaard, taking the ball right away from Salah's feet.

That seems like a far more obvious penalty than the vast majority you see where the hand is static and the ball just hits it. Very confusing.

It's mad, imagine a Liverpool player had done that, I'm sure there would have been a lot more comments in here

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

It seems to be a consistent thing with Arsenal where they start well and almost seem to surprise themselves, and then degenerate into trying desperately to slow the game down rather than just playing.

For all the bluster, the weird thing is that it seems like, deep down, they don't actually back themselves.

I agree with this. Arsenal were good value for their lead and then the second Liverpool scored, Arsenal's ability to approach the game with authority seemed to just disintegrate. Apart from a late spell, Liverpool looked more likely to nick it.

Both teams were better without the ball than with it there. The only real notable moment in the second half was Liverpool's failure to score from that 5 vs 2 counter attack.

• The topic was unpinned