talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jürgen Klopp to leave at end of season

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Klopp himself has said he doesn't want that. He's even told the fans he doesn't want them to sing about him, only the team.

It won't stop Sky or TNT. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I am curious to see what adventure lies next for both he and Pep. Hope both manage in Italy. 

I think Klopp's ruled out managing in Spain or Italy because he doesn't feel confident in his ability to learn the language and communicate with his players in Italian/Spanish. I imagine Klopp's hoping to wait out for the Germany job. But if he's wanting to have more breaks and spend more time with his family, international management seems like the right path for him.

England should try to land him as the England manager though.

• Subscriber

I just hope the team takes this as a good reason to give the gaffer a nice farewell and puts in more performances like we saw against Norwich. I doubt we'd see Klopp managing a national team because the management dynamics are very different, and he seems to be more of a day-to-day kind of person to get momentum going. But if he ever did go manage an NT I'd love to see him take Germany as his next project. 

The greatest bottle job goes to Jurgen Klopp - he gets put under some pressure and folds. The funny thing is he probably thinks Utd will get better in a few years time and City don't look like losing anytime soon lol.

• Subscriber

Virgil has now come out saying he didn't mean what he said and that the club is okay, and Klopp is saying it too. I think everyone knows the score in any event. Can't wait to hear the club make an announcement on the new manager and DoF but first we have big games to get out of the way. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Does anyone really think De Zerbi is under serious consideration? Brighton have won 3 Premier League games since the end of September...

I think he's just a name being thrown into the hat really. The club already know who their target is, and they are just waiting for that person to say yes. You don't get the news that went public two months in advance and just sit on it. 

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Does anyone really think De Zerbi is under serious consideration? Brighton have won 3 Premier League games since the end of September...

It’s a very youthful Brighton team, that have lost two massive key performers from last season, who are also playing in Europe. I’d say hes being considered

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think he's just a name being thrown into the hat really. The club already know who their target is, and they are just waiting for that person to say yes. You don't get the news that went public two months in advance and just sit on it. 

Yeah I agree that the club will already know who their target is. 

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s a very youthful Brighton team, that have lost two massive key performers from last season, who are also playing in Europe. I’d say hes being considered

Yeah I get all that. He just seems like the kind of appointment that Liverpool would have had to make pre-Klopp rather than the position of strength they'll be recruiting from now

• Subscriber

I do wonder if he'd do better with the current Liverpool squad because its a high energy game based on turning around the opponent. It might work but I really do wonder who in the midfield he'd use to get it to work right. 

For me, whoever takes over could give Liverpool an extremely impressive looking midfield, with just 1 DM signing. I do think Mac Allister is doing a good job for the team, but could easily be a De Bruyne style player. We've seen Szboz's taste for the spectacular long range efforts. Gravenberch seems a good rotation option. And maybe a few of the others. Put a beast of a 6 behind 2 of those & I don't think too many have better.

Tactically, as Salah is one of those who can't really be like-for-like replaced, having a creative & goal scoring midfield would perhaps be the ideal way to go. And when you already have Nunez, Diaz, Jota & Gakpo, perhaps any Salah cash is best going on the DM. And maybe an Endo-Elliot sort of level forward, to just join the queue for game time.

It's that, or out of contract Mbappe..

12 hours ago, quickeyg said:

The greatest bottle job goes to Jurgen Klopp - he gets put under some pressure and folds. The funny thing is he probably thinks Utd will get better in a few years time and City don't look like losing anytime soon lol.

Dos Bichos?

3 hours ago, Devil said:

De Zerbi has done well at Brighton no doubt about it but a lot of the work had been done before he arrived by Potter.

No not at all. De Zerbi is very much like Sarri/Bielsa where he loves circuit football. It's a compact system where each movement is carefully orchestrated, , always looking at the progressive option.  It's the very reason Brighton have looked so much better but it'll come at a cost as managers like De Zerbi don't believe in changing their philosophy. 

The one thing De Zerbi will always have over Potter, is that he puts his best finishers up top...

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'd be worried if he was in contention. Recently stated he does not care about winning trophies, rather improving players. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'd be worried if he was in contention. Recently stated he does not care about winning trophies, rather improving players. 

I wouldn't. He did very well with Sassuolo and Shakhtar before landing at Brighton and by all accounts has done a very good job there as well. Especially when you consider they lost Colwill, Caicedo and MacAllister in the Summer and have had to contend with European football this season. Personally I would have him in the second tier of managers that you'd look to if the top tier isn't available.

My guess is that it's going to be between Xabi Alonso and Thomas Frank.

If it's true we're bringing in West Ham's DOF, who was at Leverkusen before West Ham and he brought in Alonso... then I am pretty confident that the plan is to land Alonso, even if that's totally misguided.

1 hour ago, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

I wouldn't. He did very well with Sassuolo and Shakhtar before landing at Brighton and by all accounts has done a very good job there as well. Especially when you consider they lost Colwill, Caicedo and MacAllister in the Summer and have had to contend with European football this season. Personally I would have him in the second tier of managers that you'd look to if the top tier isn't available.

My guess is that it's going to be between Xabi Alonso and Thomas Frank.

I question De Zerbi's actual ambition as a manager. I don't think he'd particularly want a big move as of now.