talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jürgen Klopp to leave at end of season

6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I disagree with the earlier comparisons to the Pellegrini situation at Man City. Pellegrini was practically a corpse and that experiment had ran its course. Jurgen Klopp is the type of infectious character that players are willing to run the extra yard for. They'll find extra motivation in wanting to win for him now and give him the send off they think he deserves.

Pellegrini was always a stand in for Pep, he knew when he signed when he was leaving 

Gerrard will not be under consideration whatsoever, not even as an “emergency” option. What does that even mean, like Liverpool aren’t going to have the pick of the bunch when it comes to managers in the summer. 

19 hours ago, Danny said:

I’m surprised there’s not that much Hansi Flick talk in the media tbh

I’m thankful for it tbh. Fantastic stint at Bayern Munich - but I’m not sure how hard it is to be great at Bayern tbh. Was totally shit with Germany though.

After a few days to digest the news, the only people I think I’d be happy with are Xabi Alonso or Simone Inzaghi. Inzaghi I think is stylistically more similar to Klopp, Xabi’s a LFC legend and had a great start to his career.

But anyone we bring in will be a massive downgrade so it’s hard to be excited about our future at the moment.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Gerrard will not be under consideration whatsoever, not even as an “emergency” option. What does that even mean, like Liverpool aren’t going to have the pick of the bunch when it comes to managers in the summer. 

I can tell you don’t understand how databases work. Sure he won’t be picked but I can guarantee you he is on a list. Whether he makes it past the first phase or not is something else, probably very unlikely.

Edited by Goku de la Boca

15 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Sure he won’t be picked but I can guarantee you he is on a list.

How can you guarantee that then?

Seems like it's more of an assumption to me?

Edited by Lucas

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How can you guarantee that then?

Seems like it's more of an assumption to me?

Maybe a poor choice of words, i am not affirming you he is, but this is my area of expertise in my profession. If I were to make an analysis he is on it somewhere due to connections.

• Subscriber
On 27/01/2024 at 11:01, Goku de la Boca said:

I am not an expert on how Liverpool operate but if it's anything like most clubs in the world, I wouldn't rule Gerrard out. It's a very big possibility especially if their options run out.

Gerrard is a stuck up little twat, he won the league with Rangers because of all this Covad lockdowns that kept the crowds away and plus Celtic were having a wee hick-cup, but soon as a club (Villa) came for him he stuck the tail between his legs and did a runner thinking Villa would be a stepping stone in managing Liverpool sooner that later.

He proved crap as a manager for Villa and got the bullet, look at Villa now under Emery, shits all over Gerrard as a manager.

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Maybe a poor choice of words, i am not affirming you he is, but this is my area of expertise in my profession. If I were to make an analysis he is on it somewhere due to connections.

I'd be very surprised personally. You'd have thought if Liverpool couldn't get their top 2 or 3 picks, even then he'd not be considered an option with what little he's achieved to date.

I'm pretty sure despite being a club legend, John Terry has never been considered as a Chelsea manager yet when the post has come up.

I could however see a scenario where if Xabi Alonso got it, he'd possibly ask Gerrard to be on his staff.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Connections aren't enough for this Liverpool job.

He's not on the list. I guarantee you as much as you can guarantee that he is...

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd be very surprised personally. You'd have thought if Liverpool couldn't get their top 2 or 3 picks, even then he'd not be considered an option with what little he's achieved to date.

I'm pretty sure despite being a club legend, John Terry has never been considered as a Chelsea manager yet when the post has come up.

I could however see a scenario where if Xabi Alonso got it, he'd possibly ask Gerrard to be on his staff.

John Terry was never a manager as far as I remember. Frank Lampard was (or an icon at least), and he controversially got the job too.

Gerrard being an assistant is not a bad idea tbh, he could learn a lot from that. Managers don't have to stay as the lead especially if they are struggling to get a thing going.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Connections aren't enough for this Liverpool job.

He's not on the list. I guarantee you as much as you can guarantee that he is...

It is if you're Gerrard though. We've seen more controversial appointments come up, Pirlo at Juventus my biggest example of this.

I do agree he won't be hired but he is certainly on that list in some way or another. Emergency of emergency at best.

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Strange too how Klopp announced his retirement then it was followed by Xavi announcing his departure from Barca, maybe them 2 know something we don't, 

I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nothing in that given the circumstances around him leaving Barca

24 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Your area of expertise is how one of the biggest clubs in the world goes about appointing a new manager?

• Facepalm 1

It is a bit weird with former star players. Dalglish became Liverpool player-manager, which was reasonably fashionable in the 1980's. Lampard got the Chelsea job, twice, via not getting Derby promoted & struggling at Everton. Terry has not been considered after being only assistant at Villa. Ole was Man United manager, but not a Neville or Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes & likely not Rooney. And it seems unlikely Kompany will be taking over from Pep.

The former players may well all be keen to manage clubs they played for, but perhaps need that bit of luck, to be in the right place at the right time. If Gerrard had just won Rangers a 1st title in years, he would be right up there as a big favourite.

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

While we know Gerrard won't be manager, the part in bold stood out only because Lampard became Chelsea manager after doing as well as Gary Rowett taking Derby to the playoffs.

I'm also bored and just fancy being a twat. :)

4 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It is a bit weird with former star players. Dalglish became Liverpool player-manager, which was reasonably fashionable in the 1980's. Lampard got the Chelsea job, twice, via not getting Derby promoted & struggling at Everton. Terry has not been considered after being only assistant at Villa. Ole was Man United manager, but not a Neville or Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes & likely not Rooney. And it seems unlikely Kompany will be taking over from Pep.

The former players may well all be keen to manage clubs they played for, but perhaps need that bit of luck, to be in the right place at the right time. If Gerrard had just won Rangers a 1st title in years, he would be right up there as a big favourite.

Pirlo at Juventus, Clarence Seedorf, Ryan Giggs, etc. There are a couple who had to work hard for it such as Zidane, Pep and Arteta, others who got it off the fly like Pirlo and Seedorf. These things can happen and I am pretty sure Gerrard is on the list. Whether he will be hired, I doubt it if Liverpool are smart. Even Manchester United have figured out that they shouldn't take in Rooney.