talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 30 - 30-31st March, 2024

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 unless stated

Saturday 30th March, 2024
Newcastle vs West Ham, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Bournemouth vs Everton
Chelsea vs Burnley
Nottm Forest vs Crystal Palace
Sheff Utd vs Fulham
Tottenham vs Luton

Aston Villa vs Wolves, 17.30, (live on Sky)

Brentford vs Man Utd, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Sunday 31st March, 2024
Liverpool vs Brighton, 14.00, (live on Sky)

Man City vs Arsenal, 16.30 (live on Sky)

image.png

6 injury's, De Bruyne, Ederson, Akanji, Stones, Walker, Nunes so the team will have to be this right now with Gvadiol playing as a wing back, Lewis sitting deep

Ortega

Lewis         Dias      Ake     Gvardiol

Kovacic  Rodrigo  Grealish

Foden    Bernardo

Haaland

De Bruyne, Walker & Akanji are 50/50 ..Ederson has a slight chance but think Ortega is a better shot stopper anyway

This is a must not lose game for us. I'm sure Glasner would have appreciated three weeks to work on the 3-4-3 formation and specific instructions for certain opposition, but we are about to play Forest away at the worst time given the recent points deduction. Johnstone and Edouard have joined the never ending list of injured players too.

No idea who we have back fit. Mbeumo should start which is good, getting closer to the Brentford of recent years. Not sure what the back line looks like though, thankfully Reguillon is banned, but our options at wing-back are still depleted.

Could be a good game for us, could be some obvious holes in the team still missing. Hard to predict

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Akanji, De Bruyne will be in the matchday squad, maybe Ederson too. Stones & Walker 100% out, cheers Southgate ¬¬

I think Stones is one of your most important players this season.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think Stones is one of your most important players this season.

He was last season too, been injured too much this season. Southgate should know he can't play twice in a week like that

Honestly fair play to the ref, Newcastle player diving and feigning a head injury. You stop the game because someone might be concussed, not cos you got tickled on the face and decided to drop to the floor. Great stuff.

The fight back was courageous but against he injury crisis continues and at this point the only fingers can point to the training and style of play being the issue.

Isak, Gordon were good today,  Barnes has been something of a super sub lately,  just wish he could stay fit.    and Lewis Hall in the midfield is a very different player.   

Roshan Mathurin is our only attacking player on the bench today. How the board thought it was acceptable to go two transfer windows without replacing Zaha, and four without replacing Benteke, still irritates me. Any other season and were deservedly down.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I thought Gordon committed the foul.  He came from behind and stuck his leg in after Philips had already begun his attempt to clear the ball.

Just seen the replay of that one. Joke that that's apparently a penalty nowadays xD

Phillips should have first time hoofed that ball out,  by trying to control it he allowed Gordon to steal in a then if you kick a players leg out in the box you are always in trouble.   Gordon won both penalties and another assist to add to a solid season. 

Given how many goals we've conceded in the last ten minutes, I refuse to get excited.

However, if there's one bright spark this season it's the improvement of Jean-Phillipe Mateta. My biggest criticism of him was how weak he was for a man of his size, but now he looks as fit and as strong as he should be. He deserves a lot of credit for the changes he's made, as do all the staff that have worked with him this season. 

• The topic was unpinned