talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 30 - 30-31st March, 2024

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pochettino can't have that much longer at Chelsea left. Massively under-performing. 

The Clearlake data nerds by all accounts love working with Poch and see the underlying metrics as progress. That’s all they care about right now. Forget the league table. The data shows we should be top 4. That’s all that matters. 

Usually that would make my head boil but I’ve lost all energy. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Usually that would make my head boil but I’ve lost all energy. 

Same here... I felt nothing when we scored and even less when we conceded twice against 10 men, We don't win enough to move up and don't lose enough to go down, just stuck in mid table.. If it wasn't for Cole Palmers contributions this season we could well have been in a relegation scrap... Imagine us going down to the Championship and the data nerds saying "yea but, according to the metrics we should be Champions League winners" 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Same here... I felt nothing when we scored and even less when we conceded twice against 10 men, We don't win enough to move up and don't lose enough to go down, just stuck in mid table.. If it wasn't for Cole Palmers contributions this season we could well have been in a relegation scrap... Imagine us going down to the Championship and the data nerds saying "yea but, according to the metrics we should be Champions League winners" 

All season this. Not a case by case basis. 

Mentally frail, inexperienced team being managed by a frail/reactive manager. 

• Subscriber

Just another day of Purgatory FC. An anonymous, routine loss taking us to 4 months without a league win but further evidence that at least one of Forest or Luton will probably be shit enough to let us off the hook for another season. 

Nothing new in the fact that everything associated with the once great football club is boring and just a bit crap. My sympathy for Dyche has run out now. You can't be such a hard watch and not get results. 12 league games without a win is almost one-third of an entire season and a new club record.

Still remains pretty even in probability whether it will ultimately be relegation, administration, 777, financial regulations, or a new mystery cause that will finally put the final nail in the coffin and kill this husk of a football club once and for all but please just let it be soon so I can accept it and move on.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

My sympathy for Dyche has run out now. You can't be such a hard watch and not get results. 12 league games without a win is almost one-third of an entire season and a new club record.

Just to round this point off, given the Lampard-esque nature of some of the recent losses (bottling a 1-0 lead at home to West Ham in the last 20 minutes to not even draw, conceding two first half penalties to Man Utd under the slightest application of pressure, losing at Bournemouth through an injury time own goal after being gifted an undeserved draw), he'd usually be out on his arse by now if we're being honest, but thanks to a combination of Moshiri, 777 and the Premier League, we effectively don't have a board or owner and there's no person at the club with the authority to sack him so that's a conversation that should be well underway by now but currently won't get off the ground.

• Administrator

Been watching in the background but seems like Brentford have been camped in Man Utd's half for majority of the game so far. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Been watching in the background but seems like Brentford have been camped in Man Utd's half for majority of the game so far. 

There has not been a single element of the game United have bettered us in. In complete control.

Probably lose 2-0 now

Today's win feels as good as some of the one sided wins early in the season. There's been the few out injured most of the season. Today was a derby type match, without long term Kamara, suspended McGinn, the semi permanent injured J Ramsey & apparently only trusted for Ajax away Iroegbunam. 

Very happy for Diaby & Konsa to get the goals. Did seem harsh on Diaby, the way he's been dropped in recent months. And Konsa just perhaps emerging as Villa's most likely member of England's Euro squad.

It gets tough from here. Man City (a), Brentford (h), Lille (h), Arsenal (a), Lille(a), Bournemouth (h), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h), Palace (a)  and hopefully 2 semi final & a final match in Europe.

Ha ha fucking ha. Celebrating like you won the game and then folding immediately after. Fucking wonderful.

We should have won that by about 3 or 4 goals, we absolutely battered United. Without 5 of starting eleven in the squad, with Mbeumo on the bench.

Special mention to Yehor Yarmoliuk, easily my man of the match. Well maybe not cos of Toney’s skill to get us back in, but for a full performance, phenomenal and completely bossed McTominay, Fernandes and Mainoo.

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just another day of Purgatory FC. An anonymous, routine loss taking us to 4 months without a league win but further evidence that at least one of Forest or Luton will probably be shit enough to let us off the hook for another season. 

Nothing new in the fact that everything associated with the once great football club is boring and just a bit crap. My sympathy for Dyche has run out now. You can't be such a hard watch and not get results. 12 league games without a win is almost one-third of an entire season and a new club record.

Still remains pretty even in probability whether it will ultimately be relegation, administration, 777, financial regulations, or a new mystery cause that will finally put the final nail in the coffin and kill this husk of a football club once and for all but please just let it be soon so I can accept it and move on.

Four months ago you were unstoppable, now you cant buy a win.  Fear not we have about 40 players missing for tuesday.

Just watching some clips from yesterday. Arguably the most dominant performance from any team you will see this season and its reduced to how poor United were rather than how great we were. Classic football media

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just watching some clips from yesterday. Arguably the most dominant performance from any team you will see this season and its reduced to how poor United were rather than how great we were. Classic football media

I don't get why it always has to be one or the other. It can be both. 

• The topic was unpinned