talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 33 - 13-15th April, 2024

35 minutes ago, Rick said:

He’s done a lot of shouting at others the last few games,  but he has been just as bad. 

Ended the season like total shit. Expected a lot more from them today after that disaster on Thursday but they’ve been lax. Something seriously wrong with the players at the moment, they’ve well and truly lost momentum. 

Pretty sure this season is just part of a grand conspiracy to get me to hate football.

• Administrator

Fucking hell commentator was almost jizzing for Liverpool to score then xD

Mateta missing a point blank shot too. No idea how Alisson saved it. 

• Subscriber

Almost certainly curtains for Liverpool in the title race. They know it as well. Especially if Arsenal win next.

Have to say I'll be delighted if that's it for them this season because the Jurgen Klopp farewell tour would have been absolutely nauseating from a media perspective if they were in contention for any sort of title or treble.

Bottled our season in a week. I guess I should just be happy we were better than I thought we’d be this season, but I’m gutted.

It’s the hope that kills you. Ah well, a lot less pressure for the rest of the season.

I think maybe Danns and some of our other kids should be getting on the pitch with the form our attackers are in. But I guess we’d want to keep the value of some of these duds as high as possible before the summer window.

• Administrator

Don't think they'll get anywhere near enough credit because of the attention on the title race but Palace were brilliant there. Resolute, solid, organised. In the right places to get the blocks and tackles in. Liverpool score 5 on another day but Palace were excellent. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Don't think they'll get anywhere near enough credit because of the attention on the title race but Palace were brilliant there. Resolute, solid, organised. In the right places to get the blocks and tackles in. Liverpool score 5 on another day but Palace were excellent. 

We would not score 5 on another day… have you seen the state of our attack? We need about 40 chances to get a goal.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We would not score 5 on another day… have you seen the state of our attack? We need about 40 chances to get a goal.

Okay, fair enough. Maybe just 1 or 2 xD

That’s the last time I’ll be disappointed with us this season, because it feels like they have finally fucked any slight chance of the title. The whole lot involved were a disgrace today. Just like they have been the last 2-3 weeks. The Utd result destroyed the belief, this result destroyed the real chance. 

What an utter shit way to end the season. Out of the Europa league, out of the title. All our own doing for being shit all over the pitch. Feeling supremely let down. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool aren't out of the title race yet, but it is a massive loss.

Perspective is funny because Klopp and co didn't really expect to be in a title race this season and in fact I think everyone thought City would run away with it. Despite the poor run of form to have won the League Cup and still be within 1-3 points of the title at this point isn't bad going, all things considered.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

maybe Danns and some of our other kids should be getting on the pitch with the form our attackers are in. But I guess we’d want to keep the value of some of these duds as high as possible before the summer window.

It's mad that you went on that improbable run where those kids were playing quite regularly and they did enough to win the League Cup and keep you in Europe and the title race and then when you've got a bunch of your senior players back from injury they've fucked it all in the blink of an eye.

I do think there's an element of some squad players like Elliot, Jones and Tsimikas who have played above their level for a lot of the season and just haven't been able to keep it up all the way.

Nunez and Diaz have put some good numbers up but I think Liverpool should listen to offers for either really because I don't see either of them having the ability to step up as the "main man" when Salah is out of form like he has been recently, or when he leaves. Jota is a bit better but none of them are as good as Mane or peak Firmino. All players who can complete a front three combo if you've already got 1 or 2 world class players alongside them to raise them up but not world class in their own right.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's mad that you went on that improbable run where those kids were playing quite regularly and they did enough to win the League Cup and keep you in Europe and the title race and then when you've got a bunch of your senior players back from injury they've fucked it all in the blink of an eye.

I do think there's an element of some squad players like Elliot, Jones and Tsimikas who have played above their level for a lot of the season and just haven't been able to keep it up all the way.

Nunez and Diaz have put some good numbers up but I think Liverpool should listen to offers for either really because I don't see either of them having the ability to step up as the "main man" when Salah is out of form like he has been recently, or when he leaves. Jota is a bit better but none of them are as good as Mane or peak Firmino. All players who can complete a front three combo if you've already got 1 or 2 world class players alongside them to raise them up but not world class in their own right.

Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo… don’t give a shit if we keep them or sell them. But if we keep them, they should be squad players coming off the bench.

Doesn’t really matter though because next year it’s basically nailed on we’ll struggle big time. Whether or not we’ve got those 3 expensive attackers Ward signed when we needed midfielders. Truly a wonderful director of football lol.

It’s part of why I’m so gutted how this seasons ended. It was a good run to unexpectedly be in a title race… but I do think that it’s a bit of “now or never” in that I think we’re going to struggle for a bit in the coming years.

But shit, no wonder Klopp’s running out of energy watching finishing like that.

Things are too close to say Liverpool are out of it. This week shows how quickly things can turn around. No reason it can't happen with us or Man City as well.

But, at the same time.. 😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo… don’t give a shit if we keep them or sell them. But if we keep them, they should be squad players coming off the bench.

Doesn’t really matter though because next year it’s basically nailed on we’ll struggle big time. Whether or not we’ve got those 3 expensive attackers Ward signed when we needed midfielders. Truly a wonderful director of football lol.

It’s part of why I’m so gutted how this seasons ended. It was a good run to unexpectedly be in a title race… but I do think that it’s a bit of “now or never” in that I think we’re going to struggle for a bit in the coming years.

But shit, no wonder Klopp’s running out of energy watching finishing like that.

I'd basically forgotten about Gakpo as well. He looked like a decent pick-up last season.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think Jones is a bit unfair, he got injured against us when they beat us 4-1 and I think has only made 2 starts since being this game and Atalanta. Elliot and Tsimiskas though...spot on.

• The topic was unpinned