talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 37 - 11-15th May, 2024

• Subscriber

Have this strange feeling we'll lose tonight. There's nothing out there really that puts us in a precarious position of not finishing 3rd anyways. 

31 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Have this strange feeling we'll lose tonight. There's nothing out there really that puts us in a precarious position of not finishing 3rd anyways. 

It's about pride now, and Klopp will want to go out with a positive ending. 

4 hours ago, Storts said:

BLUE MOON 

If you beat City you’re a point off 4th going into the last game. Don’t roll over just yet. 

Villa have palace away on the last day, they could have fucked this if Spurs do something big tomorrow night. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

If you beat City you’re a point off 4th going into the last game. Don’t roll over just yet. 

Villa have palace away on the last day, they could have fucked this if Spurs do something big tomorrow night. 

Knowing Spurs they'll fuck up vs Sheff Utd in this scenario... 

Well, Spurs needed to win both games regardless whether Villa drew or lost. Still all to play for as you wouldn’t necessarily put money on Villa winning at Palace on the final day.

It was really good game to watch. Hoping the players have plenty left in the tank to send off Jurgen with a win.  

Good game but it will feel like a kick in the nut for Liverpool,  at 3-1 up you should be seeing the game out however such is where Liverpool are at right now.   They need to rebuild that backline,  it looks way to vulnerable.     I still like Nunez but I don't think he was ready for liverpool and needed a stepping stone club. 

15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Good game but it will feel like a kick in the nut for Liverpool

It's a totally dead rubber match for us? The results that really hurt are already in the past, our season's over. Nothing to play for other than giving Klopp a final sendoff at Anfield, then time to... rebuild yet again.

Thankfully Aston Villa's fight back didn't lead to a win. Tottenham are still in the race for 4th. They win against Man City and they'll have a good chance to get Champions League football next season.

28 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Thankfully Aston Villa's fight back didn't lead to a win. Tottenham are still in the race for 4th. They win against Man City and they'll have a good chance to get Champions League football next season.

Do you want Spurs in the Champions league 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a totally dead rubber match for us? The results that really hurt are already in the past, our season's over. Nothing to play for other than giving Klopp a final sendoff at Anfield, then time to... rebuild yet again.

At 3-1 it does sting a bit. Everyone looks like they 2ant the beach

49 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Do you want Spurs in the Champions league 

I want them to beat Man City. If that gives them Champions League football, I'm okay with that.

• Subscriber

Villa should have won yesterday imo. Towards the end when the signs of collapse started I was sure they'd not only tie but win the game too.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Villa should have won yesterday imo. Towards the end when the signs of collapse started I was sure they'd not only tie but win the game too.

I was surprised we didn't see Villa go for the win more as Liverpool were there for the taking. You had Martinez taking his time with the ball in his hands once they'd equalised. A draw or loss was neither here or there for them whereas a win would have finished the job. Ok they have +8 goals on Spurs at the moment so a draw might do them on the final day if Spurs were to win tonight but Spurs' last game is against a side that's conceded 101 goals this season so it's not out of the question they make that up if they need to.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I was surprised we didn't see Villa go for the win more as Liverpool were there for the taking. You had Martinez taking his time with the ball in his hands once they'd equalised. A draw or loss was neither here or there for them whereas a win would have finished the job. Ok they have +8 goals on Spurs at the moment so a draw might do them on the final day if Spurs were to win tonight but Spurs' last game is against a side that's conceded 101 goals this season so it's not out of the question they make that up if they need to.

Maybe they think they've done enough. I think people are more hopeful than being realistic about Spurs beating City. 

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Maybe they think they've done enough. I think people are more hopeful than being realistic about Spurs beating City. 

Oh yeah they much was obvious. Sometimes that can come back to bite you though. They had the opportunity to get it done themselves