talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) England (p)1-1 Switzerland - Saturday 6th July, 2024

12 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/02/photo-proves-jude-bellingham-wasnt-insulting-slovakia-x-rated-gesture-21143104/amp/

the investigation is over insulting opposition like Arnautović not just grabbing cock. 

Arnautovic's insult was towards a North Macedonian player and with Arnautovic's Albanian roots it was seen as a political or ethic insult. Bellingham's action was just stupid there were no political or ethic reasons in it.

8 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Arnautovic's insult was towards a North Macedonian player and with Arnautovic's Albanian roots it was seen as a political or ethic insult. Bellingham's action was just stupid there were no political or ethic reasons in it.

Stupid but still insulting hence why he's not given off the hook fined and suspended just not during the Euros.

Posted (edited)

The swiss are breaking the english defensive lines with ease. 

England lacks cohesion. 

It fees like a team is playing against a bunch of players. 

Only the individual brilliance from its players can save England. 

Edited by El Profesor

4 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Stupid but still insulting hence why he's not given off the hook fined and suspended just not during the Euros.

Rightly or wrongly I think they look at the nature of the insult, anything political ethic or racial gets a ban.  Stupidity just gets a fine and probation.

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

England look a little more lively.

Yep, a lot better in the last few minutes. 

It feels like England's best defensive strategy for this one holding the ball possession for long periods, because when Switzerland is given time to circulate the ball they are easily finding holes in the english defense.

33 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Arnautovic is half Serbian. I had to wiki it coz Arnautovic is not an Albanian name.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What on earth is the thinking behind playing a left footer at right wing back and a right footer on the other side?

Saka is fine on that side as he's used to cutting in and is skilful enough to go both sides of the opposition full back. 

Posted (edited)

I think Switzerland come to these international tournaments with the sole aim of making it to the knockout stage.  I doubt the players expect anything more from themselves. I doubt the fans expect anything more. They look clueless out there. Their target has already been achieved. They can just go home happily now.

Edited by couscous

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Saka is fine on that side as he's used to cutting in and is skilful enough to go both sides of the opposition full back. 

One of the benefits of having a wide attacker that cuts inside is to create space for an overlap from behind but there isn't anyone behind in this instance. Having wrong-footed players in both positions in a formation where they're the only two players who can provide any width just guarantees you won't have any width.

I didn't whinge straight away because I thought the plan might be for them to alternate sides during the game, but no, England are genuinely just going for the "let's see if we get a lucky bounce through the crowded centre of the pitch or just hope someone scores a screamer" tactical approach...

Switzerland look most vulnerable if you cen get it past Rodriguez.

At the same time, they also look most threatening when Rodriguez, Aebischer and Vargas link up on the left.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

sleepy-bulldog.gif

England are fucking atrocious to watch and I’d gladly eliminate  both these teams to have Germany back who actually try to play the sport properly and win games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, couscous said:

I think Switzerland come to these international tournaments with the sole aim of making it to the knockout stage.  I doubt the players expect anything more from themselves. I doubt the fans expect anything more. They look clueless out there. Their target has already been achieved. They can just go home happily now.

Precisely this. It's the same every tournament with them