talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) Netherlands 1-2 England - Wednesday 10th July, 2024

• The title was changed to (SF) Netherlands 1-1 England - Wednesday 10th July, 2024

I think that needs to be the way the game is played 2nd half for the dutch.
First half no attempt to hold the ball was made, and England looked dangerous for once with Foden and Saka causing havoc down the right. Several short kick offs were passed back for a goalkeeper hoof, and with no physicality up front that was just asking for the physical England defense to recycle the ball and put the pressure back on immediately.
1-1 is more than fair considering the balance of play for England, but they should be 1-0 down and chasing. Embarrassing penalty.

I think if the Dutch hold the ball in the 2nd half and can build some pressure in midfield the rewards will be there.

Just now, couscous said:

So England Spain final then.

I wouldn't let Koeman train my dog. How the fuck did this moron get the job.

Funny how three of the four teams that made the Semis have terrible managers and have fans criticizing their style of play.

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Funny how three of the four teams that made the Semis have terrible managers and have fans criticizing their style of play.

I don't think Koeman has any style of play. His talk before the game probably goes something like this.....go out there and do something. 

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Either the force of his follow-through catching Dumfries naturally threw him down to the floor in agony.

Or it didn't, and he he went down to get a decision.

The latter is what's known as a dive.

He's just smashed his foot into someone else's boot, what's he meant to do? Have a good chuckle and run off? Have a day off.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

He's just smashed his foot into someone else's boot, what's he meant to do? Have a good chuckle and run off? Have a day off.

Being smashed on to the top of his foot too. Painful. 

I can't believe Lee Dixon said that Verbruggen made a great save with that Foden effort that was cleared off the line. If it was a good save, Verbruggen wouldn't have let the ball go past him and almost cross the line FFS.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Michael said:

I can't believe Lee Dixon said that Verbruggen made a great save with that Foden effort that was cleared off the line. If it was a good save, Verbruggen wouldn't have let the ball go past him and almost cross the line FFS.

I think he meant that if he didn't get that touch then Dumfries might not have been able to clear it. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think he meant that if he didn't get that touch then Dumfries might not have been able to clear it. 

I get that part, I know that's what he meant, but it's still not a great save in my book. A great save is when you prevent the ball from getting past you, that's what these keepers are paid for. If Dumfries wasn't there to cover his arse, it would have been a certain goal.

Edited by Michael

• Administrator

Netherlands have now just resorted to what other teams have done against us. Sit back, low block, squeeze the gaps between defence and midfield.