talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Spain 2-1 England - Sunday 14th July, 2024

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Where you all watching the game? Bar/pubs or home?

At home with family. 

Beers, pizza and wings on the go. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I mean even Liverpool only did it once. You did it twice. You're the jammy git champion of europe. It's in the record books forever.

His he still banging on about that CL win, jeez he needs to let it go

I think we can win this if we can get to extra time or penalties based on the influence our substitutes have had. It's getting there that will be the problem.

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Where you all watching the game? Bar/pubs or home?

I've been loyal to Boxpark for most matches, but they would only let you buy one ticket per person in the pre sale and inevitably the system crashed at general sale. So I'm off to a local pub. Starting at two as it's likely to be one in one out.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've been loyal to Boxpark for most matches, but they would only let you buy one ticket per person in the pre sale and inevitably the system crashed at general sale. So I'm off to a local pub. Starting at two as it's likely to be one in one out.

👍

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, couscous said:

It will be a huge embarrassment for Spain if a team that couldn't beat a rank average Italian team in a final manages to beat them.

A lot has happened since then and what happened in the final 3 years ago isn't the barometer for Spain to be embarrassed by. 

Spain in this comp have been by far the best team and deserve to win the whole thing on that basis. So it'd be embarrassing to lose to this England side who have been under par for several games. 

I hope they do end up embarrassed. However they play some lovely football and wouldn't begrudge them the victory. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Box park looks shit whenever you see the clips online when a goal is scored. Or maybe I've gone past the days of wanting to be covered in beer, not least when VAR could get involved and disallow it xD

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Scotland is the most embarrassing country on Earth.

I have family in Scotland and as bitter as they are about England… at least they are united xD

I am so excited for tomorrow but I fucking hate a large portion of our entitled, stupid, racist, arrogant fans. Abuse Southgate, and those who missed penalties in the last final. The way the country has treated Southgate prior to the last game has been criminal. Our team hardly needs anyone to manage them, but typical English culture just loves someone to blame. I’ve gained so much respect for Southgate for how he has handled himself. I want us to win so bad, but at the same time I hate a large % of my own nation as I know I’m surrounded by entitled arrogant racist cunts. 

51 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I have family in Scotland and as bitter as they are about England… at least they are united xD

I am so excited for tomorrow but I fucking hate a large portion of our entitled, stupid, racist, arrogant fans. Abuse Southgate, and those who missed penalties in the last final. The way the country has treated Southgate prior to the last game has been criminal. Our team hardly needs anyone to manage them, but typical English culture just loves someone to blame. I’ve gained so much respect for Southgate for how he has handled himself. I want us to win so bad, but at the same time I hate a large % of my own nation as I know I’m surrounded by entitled arrogant racist cunts. 

So I am 100% behind you on the racist fans from last Euro. 

But Southgate has deserved EVERY drop of criticism he got prior to the Netherlands game. The quality of football and lineups were unacceptable, and in both knock out games had you not had an individual piece of brilliance inside the dying minutes, the results would have been unacceptable too. You can't just blindly support a team who is scraping by teams they should be beating handily, or you'll continue to be served up that quality. Criticism is a driver of improvement, and if your argument is 'well we won those 2 games so we were good enough at the end of the day' please never manage a team because that doesn't work long term. 

6 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

am so excited for tomorrow but I fucking hate a large portion of our entitled, stupid, racist, arrogant fans. Abuse Southgate, and those who missed penalties in the last final. The way the country has treated Southgate prior to the last game has been criminal. Our team hardly needs anyone to manage them, but typical English culture just loves someone to blame. I’ve gained so much respect for Southgate for how he has handled himself. I want us to win so bad, but at the same time I hate a large % of my own nation as I know I’m surrounded by entitled arrogant racist cunts. 

The further we get in a tournament the higher the level of scum emerges. We werent the victims we were portrayed as in the media in 2016, then you had people trashing Ikea and people blocking in and jumping on Ambulances when we got momentum in 2018, then there was the last final we made at Wembley where I've never been so embarrassed to support England and even now you're hearing 'Ten German Bombers' chants later in the tournament.

• Subscriber

The England fans who behave like that at tournaments are the same people who march into London behind the likes of Tommy Robinson every so often shouting unintelligible tripe into Sky News cameras about how they're standing against "forunnuhs" coming to "Bri-Un" and behaving in ways that the locals apparently don't like. Sadly they don't know what irony means.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The further we get in a tournament the higher the level of scum emerges. We werent the victims we were portrayed as in the media in 2016, then you had people trashing Ikea and people blocking in and jumping on Ambulances when we got momentum in 2018, then there was the last final we made at Wembley where I've never been so embarrassed to support England and even now you're hearing 'Ten German Bombers' chants later in the tournament.

People really need to stop getting their jimmies rustled by ten German bombers.

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

People really need to stop getting their jimmies rustled by ten German bombers.

Yea, why would you show some respect to the host nation? Unbelievable.