talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 1 - 16-19th August, 2024

• Subscriber

Don't know what to expect from us today. I'm sure we'll be gritty and everything but starting the season with Young and Keane in our back four is kinda unacceptable. I think we've recruited well enough but we need a couple more.

Yeah, pretty much echo everybody here. First half you just have to let them exert their energy, it’s the same with every promoted side on the first day, looking to make a big statement. Second half was fully controlled and we could have scored a few more. 

• Subscriber

Just seen Schar's red on Twitter and don't see why everyone's losing their minds over it. I agree that players shouldn't be sent off for that and if anything the player that pretends to be injured should be booked, but like, this isn't new. The rule has been "touch someone with your forehead and you're getting sent off" for about 20 years.

• Subscriber

Calvert-Lewin with a humongous dive to win a penalty and VAR overrules it even though there was contact. I agree with the decision. I have absolutely no faith that we'll see that replicated throughout the season.

52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just seen Schar's red on Twitter and don't see why everyone's losing their minds over it. I agree that players shouldn't be sent off for that and if anything the player that pretends to be injured should be booked, but like, this isn't new. The rule has been "touch someone with your forehead and you're getting sent off" for about 20 years.

Brereton Diaz should have been red carded for play acting,  if it is repealed the league should given him a retrospective ban for being a jammy cnut. 

• Subscriber

0-3. There's an element of "shit happens" to the way this game went up until the second goal. After that we've totally capitulated. Lack of discipline and poor body language.

At least if you're going to lose the opening game, lose in a manner that hopefully encourages everyone at the club to realise they need to get their shit together.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

0-3. There's an element of "shit happens" to the way this game went up until the second goal. After that we've totally capitulated. Lack of discipline and poor body language.

At least if you're going to lose the opening game, lose in a manner that hopefully encourages everyone at the club to realise they need to get their shit together.

Look its a bit of an absolute hiding to nothing for a club that had fans dreaming of maybe a push towards mid table.    Brighton are a difficult team to get but they have given you an absolute hiding. 

• Subscriber

I just feel sorry for that manager Brighton have in on work experience. He's going to have a rude shock in the remaining 37 games when he realises the Premier League isn't actually the piece of piss we made it look today.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Brereton Diaz should have been red carded for play acting,  if it is repealed the league should given him a retrospective ban for being a jammy cnut. 

Ah yes, a red for playacting. That old rule. 

Schar is silly for doing it and deserved the red. Should know better not to put your head on to someone else's...