• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
Just now, Dan said:

What is actually wrong with these fucking commentators / pundits / 'experts' nowadays? That's literally offside. There's no "benefit of the doubt" at all.

Thought it was just me. 

Sky's commentator exclaimed ''that's a tight one!'' and it made me want to punch the TV.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

the offside shout isn't as clear in real-time. Replays show it was actually quite tight. Maybe half of Silva's leg is off.

Personally think the linesman has a near impossible job. God knows how you're supposed to definitively call offsides in a split second to the naked eye.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thought it was just me. 

Sky's commentator exclaimed ''that's a tight one!'' and it made me want to punch the TV.

There's been a few like it. That Newcastle one yesterday as well is offside. It's close but it's off.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

23172431_10154818360086277_7846906985900

COYB.

Fucking shite as soon as you get into the attacking half.

Even if City go unbeaten this season it's not a comparable achievement to Wenger's invincibles simply because of how much of a shortcut City have taken to building a squad remotely capable of achieving it by spending so much money.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, VanPaddy said:

Confident on sunday, i really feel Wenger will tactically outclass Pep.

Yep! Wenger really shown him a thing or two :whistling:    ...think the only thing Wenger has taught Pep today is to not waste any money on Arsenal players :rofl:

Quick note on Spurs and Palace earlier.

Have to say, thought Palace were supurb today, looked a threat going forward, forced god knows how many corners which they also looked a big threat from, and really had Spurs pinned back in the second half. Had Zaha been able to finish, they would have won that game today. Had Gazzaniga not had the game of his life, they would have won today.

Unfortunately they lost simply through a supurb bit of individual brilliance from Son. But they shouldn't be going down playing like that.

Fair play to Spurs, they have had a big week beating Real and I think it took a lot out of them today. They looked a little weary to me. Missing the threat of Alli too, as well as Alderweireld and Lloris, and I'm not sure Aurier is as good as Trippier either. But these are the games it's so easy to slip up on and you have to give them credit for finding a way to win. The 'keeper was brilliant in fairness to him but Vertonghen was also exceptional. He's got to be up there in Team of the year so far.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Everton playing 3 DMs, two #10s, and counting on a kid and an ageing Baines to be their width.

Thats a depressing lineup.

It's a disgrace. The back 7 is about the best we've got at the moment which is a symptom of Koeman and his awful squad building. Two teenagers and two pensioners in that seven still. Top four is a mess.

Sigurdsson offers nothing so drop him. Niasse possibly deserves a chance. Unsworth has completely frozen out Koemans other signings though. Sandro and Vlasic need their chances. I'd be playing them wide then either Rooney or Klaassen behind Niasse.

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep! Wenger really shown him a thing or two :whistling:    ...think the only thing Wenger has taught Pep today is to not waste any money on Arsenal players :rofl:

Spending money on buying officials really is the better way to go.

football forum
Just now, Dan said:

How the hell does Lookman not get near the side while you stick Rooney, Sigurdsson, Davies etc... out wide?

That's what we've been asking all season - the lad is a class act and always does something. It's a travesty that he's constantly on the bench.

Just now, 6666 said:

Spending money on buying officials really is the better way to go.

Was a penalty and the 3rd goal was 50/50, it was very close looking at the replays not that it mattered because you only got the one goal and would of still lost  ;)

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fucking shite as soon as you get into the attacking half.

Even if City go unbeaten this season it's not a comparable achievement to Wenger's invincibles simply because of how much of a shortcut City have taken to building a squad remotely capable of achieving it by spending so much money.

Spending money isn’t the be all and end all though. How much have United spent since Fergie left and they’ve come nowhere near winning the title. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Spending money isn’t the be all and end all though. How much have United spent since Fergie left and they’ve come nowhere near winning the title. 

It isn't the be all and end all but it does make it a league of 3-4 teams for City.

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Was a penalty and the 3rd goal was 50/50, it was very close looking at the replays not that it mattered because you only got the one goal and would of still lost  ;)

The score is 1-1 if the officials got obvious decisions correct. To be honest, we should just be awarded the win because your club profits from money laundering to escape FFP. :coffee:

Massive gap in class between Man City and Arsenal. But anyone that’s realistic and appreciates the difference between both sides will also understand we gave a decent account of ourselves. I’m not unhappy with our overall display and it could’ve been closer to be honest with a bit more luck.

But the difference is huge in footballing terms between players and coach. There’s a reality at Manchester City while we’re pretending something.

Our league is against others, not this. 

Archived