talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see some different tactics from Klopp. Instead of going full throttle and throwing everyone forward, we’ve been more conservative and built up slowly and I’m convinced that is so we can go all out for the win once Mané & Firmino come on later. 

Salah best player on the pitch at the moment. He’s a constant threat. Hazard is obviously Chelsea’s main man, quality player. 

Watford should finish 7th. 

To lose 3-0 at home to anyone is unacceptable. 442 did not work at all against Watfords 361 or whatever we are calling it these days. All 3 of their goals came down the exact same side. It's poor preparation, poor organisation. Rafa has abanoned his ways for 3 games, 3 defeats later it is time to go back. We are not a Rafa team anymore, time to hold our hands up and not ask for something else again. I don't know why we didn't drop 442 at any point in the game though. It's almost as if he is making a point to the fans who were demanding Perez be dropped and we go 2 up top.

Merino didn't start, we were 3-0 down before he came on. Desperately need him on from the start.

1 win in 8 now. If we lose to West Brom on Tuesday night we are right in the thick of the relegation dog fight. We need to win to make up for these home defeats.

Jacob Murphy was the only positive we can take out of the game. Looked very good and very promising.

Chelsea have done well at packing all the spaces around the box but one mistake from Bakayoko and Salah gets in.

Still no idea why Chelsea have been so passive. They've defended well and could have got a goal on the break but overall you have to think their odds of getting a result would be even better if they had pushed forward and tried to dominate a match you'd say they have the qualitative edge in.

I’ll take a draw but fuck me, how many times have we given up leads this season? 

Willian goal was a complete fluke as well. He could try that another 100 times and it wouldn’t go in. Sums up our luck really. 

Fucking pissed off we signed Salah as well, doesn’t improve us whatsoever. 

I feel this was a fair draw and both sides were average. Think we did okay in the first but terrible in the second. I always liked Salah nice to see he respected us with no celebration even though he owes us nothing at all. Willian's goal was a clear cross Mignolet fucked up big time, City could go 12 clear of us tomorrow oh well haha.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’ll take a draw but fuck me, how many times have we given up leads this season? 

Willian goal was a complete fluke as well. He could try that another 100 times and it wouldn’t go in. Sums up our luck really. 

Well to be fair our player assisted Salah haha

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It was an interesting game to be honest. Both teams showed loads of respect and didn’t want to give much away. 

Draw was probably a fair result on reflection. 

Agreed but did you notice how shit the passing was from both teams? Don't recall us having this much bad passes in awhile

As Inverted mentioned, can't help but feel this is two points dropped. Liverpool were there for the taking. 

Yet again Conte feels the need to approach a big game so conservative. Is he not confident in our players? We have been in terrific form. Drinkwater did well I thought, was the only other player other than Hazard and Morata that pushed forward. Bakayoko had is worse game of the season for me. 

Bizzare tactics. Why the hell was Kante in the Pirlo role and why did we choose to be ambitious after we concede? So unbelievably frustrating, especially after we've had to deal with that shit under Mourinho. Pep seems to be the only manager in the league with some balls. 

Our defence did great I thought. Superb. Cahill especially. Dealt with Salah comfortably for the most part. Shame Bakayoko let them down but the team made up for it. 

Fair result. Much respect to Salah. Could of easily dived from that Cahill challenge and didn' celebrate. Hope he goes on and win that POTS but know given Liverpool's history he will go on and get injured. 

• Subscriber

When you look at how it all panned out a draw would be favorable considering how both teams played but I am a little disappointed we didn't protect that a bit better. Nice to see Adam get back on the pitch and I'll even give Moreno some praise today because he showed a bit of tenacity in keeping pace with whoever had the ball. 

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Agreed but did you notice how shit the passing was from both teams? Don't recall us having this much bad passes in awhile

Probably the nerves and tension as both teams didn’t really want to commit. I think Klopp and Conte were both probably happy with a draw. It’s just frustrating for Klopp seeing us concede a lead yet again. 

At this point you have to admire Pep's mentality. He is the only manager in the league comfortable and confident with his team. Goes against every top 6 team with one thing on his mind, 3 points. You can't say that about Mourinho, Conte, Wenger, etc. 

Class apart atm. Conte needs to have more confidence in our team.  Unless Roman has given him his full blessing, can't help but feel he is always breathing down Conte's neck. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

At this point you have to admire Pep's mentality. He is the only manager in the league comfortable and confident with his team. Goes against every top 6 team with one thing on his mind, 3 points. You can't say that about Mourinho, Conte, Wenger, etc. 

Class apart atm. Conte needs to have more confidence in our team.  Unless Roman has given him his full blessing, can't help but feel he is always breathing down Conte's neck. 

I don’t really blame Conte for being conservative tonight. Teams who come to Anfield and open up are often ripped apart. 

A point for either team is not bad to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don’t really blame Conte for being conservative tonight. Teams who come to Anfield and open up are often ripped apart. 

A point for either team is not bad to be honest. 

If Arsenal win tomorrow sees you out of the top 4 no?

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Nothing in it mate. Apart from City who are streets ahead of the rest of us, there’s literally nothing in it. 

If they are still 9 points ahead after December, think it' safe to call it. Race for the top 4 will yet again be the talking point. 

Archived