• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I'm half tempted to go and witness the David Moyes horror show at the shit stadium in Stratford on Friday night. 

knowing us, they're winning that game. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

Friday:
West Ham vs Leicester, 20.00

Saturday:
Crystal Palace vs Stoke
Liverpool vs Chelsea, 17.30
Man Utd vs Brighton
Newcastle vs Watford
Swansea vs Bournemouth
Tottenham vs West Brom

Sunday:
Burnley vs Arsenal, 14.00
Huddersfield vs Man City, 16.00
Southampton vs Everton, 13.30

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Even though it's obvious Klopp didn't want him, Robertson surely has to come in for Moreno here? Give the lad a run in the side and see what happens

Hmm I dunno? Throwing him in against the Champions might not be the right time. 

We are short of leaders on the pitch so I’d be tempted to stick Milner back in for this and bring Robertson in for an easier fixture. 

• Subscriber

We really should win this. They're fucking awful at the minute and after last week it's possible they somehow get even worse.

I worry it'll be a bit like Stoke though. Stoke wasn't a bad performance (until Iborra went off) but we cost ourselves a win by finishing and defending poorly. A game that was absolutely there for the taking and we didn't.

I just hope Moyes' treatment of the past week backfires. It's a very big game for him I feel.

I'm not going although part of me wishes I was as I can actually see it getting quite interesting and ugly if we do end up winning it. Didn't bother because of how crap last year was, even despite it being our first away win in nearly a year.

We've got a decent record against these since we've come up. After a staggeringly bad run at their place we've won there the last two seasons. Beat them three times at home too including a cup win. Only team we took six off last year.

Still getting to grips with what Puel is about. I can't judge him too much off last week as they're just brilliant at the minute and we really weren't bad ourselves. We've been steady under him and I've been quite impressed, although we could do with a win here as if we don't, it's plausible we go on a run without one. Spurs (h), Burnley (h), Newcastle (a) and Southampton (a) follow this. Would expect Spurs to beat us, Burnley I think can't be under-estimated, they're taking points off everyone, and the other two aren't easy by any means.

Hope we go after them though, and I think we will too.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Bought a ticket for West Ham v Leicester tomorrow night. I'm fully expecting a poor quality match but hopefully, a few goals. 

The atmosphere will be interesting. I have a feeling that the toxicity level at West Ham will not be that bad, unless they go behind. 

You want a repeat of last year. We went 2 up after 6 minutes. It didn't go that toxic last year but this year I definitely feel it could.

• Administrator

All I know about match is that we're gonna lose and let West Ham play the game of their lives when it really should be an easy victory. And it's gonna piss me off so much. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived